major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

In Online tab you can only select server sided defined modset (repository and event). This feature is to be used with the Join Server combo box in order to join and play with all the mods associated to the server. In any other case like if you want to start the game with some mods of a repository, you have to select them manually from the Addon panel.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Figured it out Shepard. The root of the problem is that server side addons are mixed with client side addon files in the same repository. So if I choose modset = repository, it will throw an error upon launching the game, or say that some addons are "missing".

I would recommend, if there are any new versions coming, that you could be able to choose from any addon group (not only the one that is auto created based on the repository) under addons, in the online tab, for the server in the modset drop down.

In this case just create a specific event with the client addons to start with.

However I don't understand why you put server side addons into the repository?

Edited by Major_Shepard

After reading all the 953 post of this thread I didn't find any help so I need to ask directly.

What I have :

I have a web server, which I can access by filezilla FTP client with user and pass. It's a windows server, I don't have direct access to the server, I can only set files and folders permission (read and/or write) from a control panel on the web housing site. I don't know if I have Apache or ISS server, I can't see it from control panel and it's a long way to ask something by sending ticket to the help center.

What I have tryed until now:

1- Created a folder on my ftp under the public folder: /public/a3_mod

2- Set by file permission in my web housing control panel, public and a3_mod to readable writable (for who? I can't modify anything else)

3- Created a folder on my local PC e:\a3_mod

4- Start ArmA3Sync, with admin rights

5- in repository tab click on the blue + set repository name "test"; protocol "FTP";host "ftp://ftp.open-labs.it/public/a3_mod"; port, user and password

6- Select repository and click on "connect repository"

7- Another tab open with my repository name, click on "repository" icon on the right

8- Select my main folder on my local PC e:\a3_mod

9- copy @CBA_A3 from my arma 3 folder in e:\a3_mod

10- click on build

11- in Upload option I type my FTP address password etc.

12- Click on upload and I got this error

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/16292480625_ff9d7415aa_o.jpg (102 kB)

13- I upload the content of e:\a3_mod manually to my ftp://ftp.open-labs.it/public/a3_mod by using Filezilla FTP client using Binary upload

14- After I did "check repository synchronization" reply is, all is fine ok

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7522/16291645882_862cc998a3_o.jpg (104 kB)

15- click on first icon on the right "download", click on "check for addons" and I got this error

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7559/16266552636_09f4bc171b_h.jpg (279 kB)

Obviously I already tryed to start Arma3sync.bat using admin rights, but it dosen't show any error

I tryed also

5- in repository tab click on the blue + set repository name "test"; protocol HTTP; Host "http://www.open-labs.it/public/a3_mod"; port 80; user and pass same as FTP and I got same error as I used same FTP parameters like in point 11 (you can't do otherwise)

5- tested anonymous FTP and HTTP in point 5 with no luck.

For every different test, I did again "build" and upload manually via filezilla after deleting folders on ftp and .a3s folder in my local HD

I can't access FTP by browser Firefox or Explorer, server ask me for user and pass then I got this: "530 more info : housing.aruba.it/password"

I can't see any list like this one http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository/.a3s/ in my browser, if I put this http://www.open-labs.it/public/a3_mod/ I got blanck page or "Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

SoE autoconfig and check for addons work fine

Don't know what else to try

Edited by DuM3D0

To say short your server provider sucks. Go an hire an empty machine where you can install and configure your own FTP/HTTP server.

I get a "Unable to create directory" 550 error when i try to upload to my site via FTP. I've done everything correctly as per the instructions on your site.

Do you know what causes this? Thanks.

To say short your server provider sucks. Go an hire an empty machine where you can install and configure your own FTP/HTTP server.

Use as a server administrator

Build an addons repository

1. In the Repositories panel, select the Add a new repository button. Fill in the required informations. The url must address the shared folder that will contain the addons see.

Yes now I know you need an empty online machine, but in the wiki, at leats in the english version is not well explained that we need a "machine" to run the program on (maybe I missed something?).

I know from the beginning that it was the only way, but now I know after a while that other people was able to build the repo on a local PC then upload on an FTP.. but what are the FTP system requrements?

If I may, I think you should write somewhere in first post or in wiki, what you need to make it all work. Maybe less work for you replying the same stuff 10 times and less work for users, no more needs to read 950 posts to find out that they where right about procedures but their FTP just sucks ;)

Something like, the ftp server needs to have linux, apache etc.. etc.. needs anonymous access, needs indexing etc etc..

tnx ;)

Edited by DuM3D0

Well the situation is more complex when it comes to FTP/HTTP server providers in the box. It's not a question of FileZilla, Apache, Linux or Windows. You have to make sure to have full access on the server which means to be able to read/write/append files on all directories and subdirectories. Don't go to game server providers and all "mutualized" shit in the name. That gonna suck for sure.

Edited by Major_Shepard

In this case just create a specific event with the client addons to start with.

However I don't understand why you put server side addons into the repository?

Aha, I do not have access to the repository. I'm not sure why they decided to keep server files with client files, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Either way, listing all addon groups as an available modset for any server under online would solve any problems with contents of repository not matching what you want to use. For example, the repository for our addon server does not contain the soundmods or the ares mod, however we are allowed to use them (the bikeys are on the servers), and so I could not use the repository under modset for our server anyway, I would have to use my custom addon groups.

Hi Jonpas,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It should work, in TFAR Installer wizard you change paths to "plugins" and "userconfig" folders. By default it points to @task_force_radio, you should be able to change it without any issues.

Okay, I thought A3S would automatically pick up on the TFAR folder structure and fill in the details, that's why I was asking for the required folder structure. Having the wizard is definitely better than not. Fact is though, after every TFAR plugin update, even by warning everyone in the forums about it, there is going to be some percentage of the player base in our community that just won't have the updated the TS3 plugin. So if A3S could aid in that, it would really be appreciated. Things that might be of help:

• Repository admin can specify the paths required by the wizard (location of TFAR files within the repository)
  • TFAR can read and compare the plugin version of the current TS3 plugin and the one in the TFAR directory or compare file checksums, so it knows when there really is a change (could be more reliable than the current check mechanism)

Why would you want a 0 Bytes file in the repository?

It is not about if I "want" 0 Byte files, I just happened to have one and it broke repository sync on the clients.

Okay, I thought A3S would automatically pick up on the TFAR folder structure and fill in the details, that's why I was asking for the required folder structure. Having the wizard is definitely better than not. Fact is though, after every TFAR plugin update, even by warning everyone in the forums about it, there is going to be some percentage of the player base in our community that just won't have the updated the TS3 plugin. So if A3S could aid in that, it would really be appreciated.

Currently the TFAR folder on the repository must contains in the name "@task_force_radio" (case non sensitive). So if folder name is like @task_force_radio_MyName for example and a file have changed, you will be ask to start the Wizard.

It is not about if I "want" 0 Byte files, I just happened to have one and it broke repository sync on the clients.

The Division by 0 computing nghtmare if you ask me. This a regression with 1.4 update due to the good bunch of changes introduced with multiple files synchronization. Fixed for new update.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks Shepard, you are great! A3S is tool we couldn't imagine being without and it keeps on improving :)

Hi Major_Shepard,

I notice an issue/problem with the new command : Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "Repository" "Directory". I wanted to do a little sync every time my server restart to make the process automatic. So in my .bat file I add the line Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "Repository" "C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3". It does sync the files, but it's also deleting every other files... I had to reinstall arma 3. This could be quite dangerous is someone want to test it on a drive... It delete everything without asking...

I think it should only delete files inside the mod folder listed on the repository (like the download button does). Right now, if you want to use this command, you need to make a copy/paste from a useless folder to arma 3 directory, witch for small mod aren't really a problem but for 12Go...

If you want more info, feel free to contact me,

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

Worldtrade1101

Hi Major_Shepard,

I notice an issue/problem with the new command : Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "Repository" "Directory". I wanted to do a little sync every time my server restart to make the process automatic. So in my .bat file I add the line Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "Repository" "C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3". It does sync the files, but it's also deleting every other files... I had to reinstall arma 3. This could be quite dangerous is someone want to test it on a drive... It delete everything without asking...

I think it should only delete files inside the mod folder listed on the repository (like the download button does). Right now, if you want to use this command, you need to make a copy/paste from a useless folder to arma 3 directory, witch for small mod aren't really a problem but for 12Go...

If you want more info, feel free to contact me,

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

Worldtrade1101

This is the expected behaviour indeed. The SYNC command perform exact files matching comparison as it is written on the console when using ArmA3Sync-console.bat script. All the Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -**** command aim to be used within automatized batch scripts that's why there is no user interaction/blocking message.

Now I could add true/false supplementary parameter for the SYNC command to perform with or without exact files matching. Or you simply choose a target folder different from ArmA 3 directory to store your addons.

Yes, I suppose it's the goal, but it's counter intuitive... When someone will open his arma3sync and put his arma3 folder to C:steamLibrary/.../arma3, and create his repository, then sync them with the UI. Then he wants to make the little .bat files to skip 10 clics it'll have to remember to move their addons to the new useless folder, otherwise he will have the mod 2 times... I know that for you it's pretty clear, but for the dumb majority of us, it's confusing..

Secondly, in your wiki page, you should add some warning or advice that it'll do exact match...

- Synchronisation du contenu d'un dossier cible avec un dépôt : Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "NomDuDépot" "DossierDeDestination"

Because when I read this sentence, I think that it do the same thing that the download button...

So if I don't want to be exact match, It should be in your code :

in arma3sync.java

Console console = new Console(false);
		String repositoryName = args[1];
		String destinationFolderPath = args[2];
                       String ExactMatchBool = args[3];
		console.syncRepository(repositoryName, destinationFolderPath,ExactMatchBool);

and in console.java :

repositoryService.setExactMatch(parseBoolean(ExactMatchBool), repositoryName);

If it's the only change in the code, then please add it.

Worldtrade1101

I have recently set up a FTP server for hosting my repo but have run into an error. Once I've built my repo and try to upload it i get a 550 error as it can't create a remote directory.

I can access the server fine via FTP using the same login details through Filezilla. I can also upload via A3S to the game server but it doesn't allow downloading to other people which is fair enough (thus creating the FTP server). NFO support don't really know whats wrong.

Please help.

Edited by markh7991

I switched the server OS to windows and got everything going in 5 mins. I know nothing about Linux.....

Lesson learned: stick to what you know.

OK, got another issue.

Uploaded the repo fine. Files show on the server. I can update and download to my A3S no problem as i have all the credentials filled in. But when I, or anyone else, use the autoconfig url it is stuck on 'connecting to repository.....'

Any ideas?

Does the repo need to have a http autoconfig url or ftp?

Edited by markh7991

Paste the url into your web browser and you will get your answer. If your server is passworded you can't use autoconfig url.

How exactly do I build a repository for an ftp server ? Since i have to choose repository main folder for the files... Or can i just pick one random folder and the just move the .a3s folder on mz ftp server ?