major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

17 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Your server Apache v2.4.48 is using TLS v1.3 but Java 1.8 uses TLS v1.2 by default, which is why you get the error message. It is possible to configure the JVM 1.8u311 to use TLS v1.3. But you rather shall configure the Apache server to accept both TLS v1.2 and TLS v1.3 => https://apache.tutorials24x7.com/blog/how-to-enable-tls-1-2-and-tls-1-3-in-apache-web-server

Downgrading to TLS v1.2 solved the problem. Not an ideal solution, but it will have to do.

Anyhow as mentioned before, is there any way to upload server info, without building/uploading the entire repository?

You must always use build command and then upload command to update the repository.

Using the upload repository command will upload the full  content of .a3s folder and only repository files that have been changed.

This ensure the consistency of the repository.

Given recent events, you might want to update your apache to 2.4.52 anyway.

Hello guys,

Where I can get the latest version of ArmA3Sync?

On 12/26/2021 at 9:04 PM, phlps said:

Hello guys,

Where I can get the latest version of ArmA3Sync?

Links are available in thread original post:

Windows automatic installer (FTP): ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases

Windows automatic installer (HTTP): http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/arma3sync/releases/

Manual installation (FTP): ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/

Manual installation (HTTP): http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/arma3sync/download/

Hey, I'm having an unusual issue when launching the game through ArmA3Sync. For some reason when launching through Steam Arma 3 is able to detect and use my controllers like my HOTAS, but when launching through ArmA3Sync it doesn't. It's not true of all controllers, my TrackIR works fine through both options, just my HOTAS through ArmA3Sync. I've already got a work around manually selecting the mods with the base Arma 3 launcher, but it's still an issue I felt needed to be reported.

The issue started sometime between now and July of 2020, this being the last time I was able to actually use my HOTAS for certain through the ArmA3Sync launcher.

Using a T16000M stick with the associated throttle and rudder pedals.

I've performed a full, clean uninstall of ArmA3Sync already, and made sure Java was up to date.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:33 AM, D. Hovey said:

Hey, I'm having an unusual issue when launching the game through ArmA3Sync. For some reason when launching through Steam Arma 3 is able to detect and use my controllers like my HOTAS, but when launching through ArmA3Sync it doesn't. It's not true of all controllers, my TrackIR works fine through both options, just my HOTAS through ArmA3Sync. I've already got a work around manually selecting the mods with the base Arma 3 launcher, but it's still an issue I felt needed to be reported.

The issue started sometime between now and July of 2020, this being the last time I was able to actually use my HOTAS for certain through the ArmA3Sync launcher.

I've performed a full, clean uninstall of ArmA3Sync already, and made sure Java was up to date.

I've got the T16000M stick and throtlle, no issue here when launching the game with arma3sync.

Now I use Windows default drivers not Thrusmater.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:33 AM, D. Hovey said:

Since Arma3Sync simply spawns an arma3.exe process, it should not mess with the game controllers detection features. You should check your selected options in BI launcher vs Arma3sync for discrepancies. The best way to do that is to compare the command line options in the game title bar in windowed mode when launched with each tool. Features like 64/32 bits or BE might interfere with dll loading and drivers support.

Hey

i try make a "Event Repo" for my Used Repo on a Linux root server

Edit/

Ok i cange my mind not needed right now. Thanks

Edited by john85oc

Returned from a long break, I'm seeing the A3S automatically loads up all of the CDLC's for me. I would like to turn them off.

How/Where?

On 7/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, Arwyn said:

Hey people !

Just wanted to tell I just upgraded my docker images of Arma3Sync.

Now the images are built from sources, compiled using openJDK 14.0.1, and running using jre 11.0.7.

Versions 1.0.x don't have console support so I decided to scope them out.

Versions 1.6.x require Java EE which was removed from JDK 11+ so they didn't make it either.

I'm considering whether or not to add jre 7/8 versions later, tell me if that'd be useful to anyone.

I've also added dependabot support for the project, images will upgrade after openjdk new version release.

I'll try to provide new arma3sync versions more frequently as well 🙂

https://hub.docker.com/r/arwynfr/arma3sync

https://github.com/ArwynFr/arma3sync-docker

does this work for windows 7 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:02 PM, qkoh said:

does this work for windows 7 

Unfortunately, docker requires windows 10 build 19041 or later.

You can still install and use arma3sync though.

Hi there,

we have a problem since out hosting provider forces TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 and disabled unencrypted FTP connections.
We use Arma3sync for Repo-Syncs. Clients download the files via https -> everything fine.
We upload files or Event-data via FTP. 
Some weeks ago this upload feature stopped working. We just get  an error message, that we would have to check permissions on the server. We are definitely sure that the credentilas are correct.
If I  use FileZilla  withe the same url, username and password it works. If I force Filezilla to use an unencryted connection it fails.

I assume, that that the FTP upload of Arma3Sync uses unencrypted connection. Could that be the case?

The debug.exe does not show any error message here.

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.7.107
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_333
OS Name = Windows Server 2019

The sync (download) vie https works fine, just the upload fails.
Unfortunately we can not switch to WEBDAV via https, because the webhosting provider does not allow it.

Any suggestions?

Many  thanks in advance!
Chaapp

Hi,

Unfortunately ArmA3Sync does not support FTP over SSL at the moment.

I will see if I can add Explicit FTP over SSL. 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, major_shepard said:

Hi,

Unfortunately ArmA3Sync does not support FTP over SSL at the moment.

I will see if I can add Explicit FTP over SSL. 

That sounds great.
Just a kind question:

Do you have an idea how long it would take to get an idea if and if yes when this could be implemented?
My problem is that in out current setup we are not able to update our repos and events anymore and depending on your decision we would need to start a migration to another hosting product or not. We are going to talk about that on sunday evening.

If you don't have time to think about it on short term, no problem, let me know and we will find a solution for our problem.

Many thanks for your work and best regards!
Roland

Could you replace ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp:\\www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

This is a beta version with FTPS connection support for both upload and dowload

Tested ok with FileZilla FTP server using Explicit FTPS with reuse connection restriction ON and prot C requirement ON 

6 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Could you replace ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp:\\www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

This is a beta version with FTPS connection support for both upload and dowload

Tested ok with FileZilla FTP server using Explicit FTPS with reuse connection restriction ON and prot C requirement ON 

@major_shepard you are genius!

The fix works for us and FTP upload is working again.
Many thanks for your work and time!

Roland

Hi everyone, arma3sync-docker is now available with openjdk 19 on https://hub.docker.com/r/arwynfr/arma3sync !

Hi everyone, arma3sync-docker will be available next week with openjdk 20 on https://hub.docker.com/r/arwynfr/arma3sync !

• Like 1

Hi everyone, a small update on the arma3sync-docker project.

Until this week, the docker images were rebuilt weekly to ensure everyone had a recent runtime regarding security patches. This has been a large waste of resources as the base image has been very infrequently updated in comparison. So I decided to change the publication model. The project will now detect changes to the base images and rebuild when impacted. Please expect less frequent updates to the images although still maintained.

Hi again, sorry for the inconvenience of multiple posting but this is an important security information.

After further investigation I just found out that the official "openjdk" image was unmaintained since mid 2022.

I updated the base image to a new one that still gets patched frequently.

Anyone using the arma3sync-docker images is recommended to update ASAP.