major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

12 hours ago, al Hassan said:

Hello. Possible stupid question but here goes... I have mods installed via A3 Launcher so if I install A3Sync will A3Sync redownload them or can it find them from my HD?

Cheers

Workshop mods can be found within arma3\!Workshop folder which is an hidden folder. Just add this folder path into ArmA3Sync addon search directory.

Hi, I was wondering if this project is open source? I was not successful in finding a git repo.

The main reason I am asking is because the launchers requires Java 7 to run and the .exe won't launch it otherwise. Going around the .exe and running it directly from the command line using other versions of java (tested mainly OpenJDK 11.0.9) works just fine.

Would it be possible to remove this limitation in the future, or is there a reason why this was implemented? AFAIK there should be no problem running it on newer JVMs.

Tested on:
openjdk 11.0.9 2020-10-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.9+11)

Edit: Found the SVN repo.

The .exe file looks for available JRE/JDK in the Windows registry. If it does not found one you get the error message.

If you installed Java manually from unzipped archive, the registry is not updated and you get the error message.

The alternative way would be to embed the Windows JRE inside the application and tell the .exe where to look for the JRE folder.

That might be it.
As I am required to change between JDK8 and JDK11 often, I am only using Environmental Variables, I do not have java related paths in registry.

Thanks for the clarfication.

Apparently all the Downloadlinks are broken?

I need the arma3sync-console.sh version. FTP Links dont seem to work anymore

Its a blank page for me with nothing loading.

Thanks foir the quick answer! apparently its on my end!

• Like 1

How to launch "S.O.G. Prairie Fire" using a3s?
I see Contact is supported. But I don't see SOG.

Should it be added by authors or should I do something to detect SOG?

Go to Launcher Options tab -> Additional Parameters and add -mod=vn

ArmA3Sync update is coming for the end of this week. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another way is: 
Add your Arma 3 Path in "Addon Options". Now you can see "vn" in the Addons Tab under "Available Addons" -> Arma 3.

@major_shepard

Thank you for adding VN. By the way, I know it is detail, but maybe renaming "vn" to "S.O.G." would be more descriptive?

I also have feature request: in Addon Priorities section of Addon Options is a button "move to top". It would be usefull if there would be "to the bottom".

Hi,

The Links you give to Downloading Arma3sync are really on Blank side and nothing happend, just ask "what for App do you want used" looks like for me so

arma3sync1.png

Thanks in Firefox worked^^

Do u have a plan how Google Chrome user got ftp ? there are the same like befor with firefox

In Chrome was that in Version 80 was still possible but no longer with Version 90 and highter

I wish Armaholic are not closed...

10 hours ago, john85oc said:

Thanks in Firefox worked^^

Do u have a plan how Google Chrome user got ftp ? there are the same like befor with firefox

In Chrome was that in Version 80 was still possible but no longer with Version 90 and highter

I wish Armaholic are not closed...

this is a google chrome issue. google thinks they're doing users a favor by disabling ftp in browser, tbh i dont care for their dumb decisions shoving this down users throat.

https://slashdot.org/story/21/01/23/2018224/chrome-88-released-removing-adobe-flash----and-ftp

alternative you can always get a ftp client www.winscp.net

Hey

I have an issue with Arma just shutting down when it gets to menu when I launch it from Arma3Sync.

If I open it from steam, it works fine.

Found this error in the rtp file afterwords:

"

Fault time: 2021/06/22 21:52:25
Fault address: B4EC9C30 00:B4EC9C30 Unknown module
file:
world:
Prev. code bytes: 4D 88 F2 0F 10 4B 10 0F 11 45 88 F2 0F 11 4D 98
Fault code bytes: FF 57 20 33 D2 45 33 F6 44 8B F8 FF C0 0F AF C0

"

Any suggestion?

On 5/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, major_shepard said:

ArmA3Sync v1.7 Update 5  now available

Hey, would it be possible to add a releases/Arma3Sync-1-7-106 directory on the repo so I can update arma3sync-docker ?

Some news regarding arma3sync-docker :

• Currently only available up to Arma3Sync 1.7.104
  • I've updated the images using the latest openjdk runtimes
  • Now available with openjdk versions 8, 11, 16 using "-jreNN" tag
  • -jre14 images were removed as this version is now deprecated
  • Expect replacement of openjdk 11 and 16 with 17 coming this fall
  • I'm working on a monthly matrix build to keep images updated

Hi, whenever I launch Arma with CBA through Arma sync I get a "Addon CBA_COMMON requires addon 'A3_Data_F_Aow_Loadorder'. And my Arma 3 game is completely fucked, resolutions are broken, arsenal doesnt work at all, allot of broken stuff.

I don't have any problem when i launch CBA through the vanilla arma 3 launcher I don't have any problems. Any idea why? I reinstalled CBA & arma sync.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, BB_Frost said:

@Faisal.20thAIB    Make sure you're loading the Art of War DLC when you're launching using a3sync.

Doesn't fix it, sorry 😕 

Here are some pictures to show what's up

https://ibb.co/pjKwr3J
https://ibb.co/tw6WdjF
https://ibb.co/nCq3C66

And like i said, it's only when i launch everything with arma sync that its broken like this

Your game version is only 1.98? Is a3sync loading an old version of the game? I think CBA newest version is only compatible with 2.02+.

Guys, can someone help me download Arma 3 sync? I have read that I need a ftp client to get the file. Now I got a program called Filezilla, but do I need a username or password, or a port? It says "could not connect to server". 

True that... Wish armaholic didn't gone 😞