major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

hey so im having issues downloading from a repo. 

1. other members can DL fine
  2. repo owner can see me connect to the repo, get authenticated, but then i get timed out without downloading
  3. i can download from the repo fine from another PC on the same network
  4. i have tried uninstalling arma3sync rebooting and re installing, though when i reinstalled it had remembered the location of arma 3, so i think i missed a file somewhere. a list of where arma3sync keeps data would be appreciated.

any thoughts or tips?

thanks in addvance

running win 10

17 hours ago, major_shepard said:

What happens if you try to download a file a repo from a web browser ?

nevermind there was something fucky happening with my router fixed

Hi guys,

Need some help with a weird issue on my Win7 machine. A3sync b1.7.102

I'm stuck downloading from repo at 1 connection, at a slow 1.2MBps (~10mbps)

While my other win10 machine same A3sync b1.7.102 in the same network, able to download full speed 12MBps. (~100mbps)

From my win7 machine. tried downloading from the repo http from web browser with a download manager 10 connection threads, able to hit 12MBps. If i limit this http download to 1 thread i get the exact same issue.

How do i force the a3sync client to use >1 connection threads? I have tried changing the "maximum number of connections" from 1-5 with no change.

I also put the "maximum download speed" to 0.0 which should be unlimited correct?

Basically win7 machine download speed stuck at max 1 connection, windows 10 machine no problem. Where do i start troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

Hey could somebody please do a step by step ... how to setup two seperate modsets using XAMPP & Arma3Sync on one Windows server?

I understand from other comments in this thread that it involves created sub-directories of a home folder, however I cant figure out how to do that on XAMPP Filezilla 

at the moment regardless of the methods I try I always end up with one autoconfig URL FTP://---.---.--.--/.a3s/autoconfig 

I feel like ive tried everything I know how to!

NOTE: Our website isnt hosted on the server so not sure if a custom URL would even be possible? 

Thanks in advance.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:54 PM, dukenukem. said:

Hi guys,

Need some help with a weird issue on my Win7 machine. A3sync b1.7.102

I'm stuck downloading from repo at 1 connection, at a slow 1.2MBps (~10mbps)

While my other win10 machine same A3sync b1.7.102 in the same network, able to download full speed 12MBps. (~100mbps)

From my win7 machine. tried downloading from the repo http from web browser with a download manager 10 connection threads, able to hit 12MBps. If i limit this http download to 1 thread i get the exact same issue.

How do i force the a3sync client to use >1 connection threads? I have tried changing the "maximum number of connections" from 1-5 with no change.

I also put the "maximum download speed" to 0.0 which should be unlimited correct?

Basically win7 machine download speed stuck at max 1 connection, windows 10 machine no problem. Where do i start troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

Never mind i think i found the issue. Apparently the max speed needs multiple threads to achieve.

I was downloading only 1 file on my windows 7 machine, whereas multiple files on the windows 10. Once i selected multiple files for updating, I am able to get full speed.

Does anyone have recommendations for fast FTP server hosts for a repo? I was just fooling around with a couple of free ones, but they have maximum file size limits (which obviously won't work wth the size of some pbo files).

TIA

ArmA3Sync v1.7 Update 3 now available

Download:

Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-7-103.exe

Zip archive: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/ArmA3Sync-1-7-103.zip

Changelog:

- Fixed: ArmA3Sync console: unable to create a new repository after answering to SSL certificate validation question
- Fixed: File synchronization: nullPointerException if destination directory does not exist on download start
- Fixed: File synchronization: empty remotes files were not downloaded

• Like 1

Hello there, first thank you for the A3S Launcher, really useful for me. I have a question, I know there is the possibility to add -world=empty in the parameters, but if I want to use it to change ina personal parameter? example -world=altis? Sorry if this was already asked/answered, but I'm on a tablet and the option to search are very limited. Thank you 🙂

On 4/18/2020 at 2:41 PM, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Hello there, first thank you for the A3S Launcher, really useful for me. I have a question, I know there is the possibility to add -world=empty in the parameters, but if I want to use it to change ina personal parameter? example -world=altis? Sorry if this was already asked/answered, but I'm on a tablet and the option to search are very limited. Thank you 🙂

In ArmA3Sync -> Launcher Options -> Additional Parameters, add: -world=Altis

34 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

In ArmA3Sync -> Launcher Options -> Additional Parameters, add: -world=Altis

OMG man... Sorry for the stupid question... I was thinking that this space was blocked... Sorry m8, I'm very stupid. Really thank you.

ArmA3Sync v1.7 Update 4  now available

Download:

Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-7-104.exe

Zip archive: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/ArmA3Sync-1-7-104.zip

Changelog:

- Fixed: Event modset selection: bad addon location path
- Fixed: Event synchronizaton: nullPointerException  if defaultDestinationFoltder is missing

• Thanks 1

Hey people !

Just wanted to tell I just upgraded my docker images of Arma3Sync.

Now the images are built from sources, compiled using openJDK 14.0.1, and running using jre 11.0.7.

Versions 1.0.x don't have console support so I decided to scope them out.

Versions 1.6.x require Java EE which was removed from JDK 11+ so they didn't make it either.

I'm considering whether or not to add jre 7/8 versions later, tell me if that'd be useful to anyone.

I've also added dependabot support for the project, images will upgrade after openjdk new version release.

I'll try to provide new arma3sync versions more frequently as well 🙂

https://hub.docker.com/r/arwynfr/arma3sync

https://github.com/ArwynFr/arma3sync-docker

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with Arma3Sync and cant fix it.

Every time i download files, the download finishes without errors but then Arma3Sync checks the downloaded files and wants to download them again.

When you redownload the same files a couple times, sometimes the files are ok. But most of the time Arma3Sync just wants to download them again...

What i have tried so far is:

- Check for Java updates

- Reinstall Arma 3 Sync

- Verified that the repository files are ok. (Works fine for other community members)

- Tried to save the files on another hard drive

- Tried to reduce the parallel downloads to 1

I even download the repository with FileZilla FTP and double checked that the files are really downloaded without errors.

Then i have checked the files with Arma3Sync with the same result that they are not correct and need to update.

At this moment I don't know what to do.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and has a solution for it?

Thanks

Try to disable anti-virus as it may try to corrupt the /.a3s/sync file witch is downloaded from the repo and used to compare SHA1 signatures of local files.

Thanks for your answer.

Only the Microsoft security functions where active.

I have disabled them for another test, but unfortunately the results were the same.

Apologies if this has already been adressed in the thread.
I seem to be having an issue where I accidentally started syncing a very large modset from a repository which is just a compilation of all mods on that repository. I can temporarily pause it and download/manage/launch with any other modset but that modset's tab persists every time I open the program and I am unable to close it due to "Tab can't be closed. Files are being downloaded.", this appears at any stage of cancellation wether I have cancelled file-checking or downloading. Screenshot attached for clarifying purposes.
9kzhKwj.png
Thanks in advance and thanks for a great program.

5 hours ago, rundabollen said:

Apologies if this has already been adressed in the thread.
I seem to be having an issue where I accidentally started syncing a very large modset from a repository which is just a compilation of all mods on that repository. I can temporarily pause it and download/manage/launch with any other modset but that modset's tab persists every time I open the program and I am unable to close it due to "Tab can't be closed. Files are being downloaded.", this appears at any stage of cancellation wether I have cancelled file-checking or downloading. Screenshot attached for clarifying purposes.
9kzhKwj.png
Thanks in advance and thanks for a great program.

I was able to reproduce the issue in following case:

- I have a repo set with automatic update

- Once the auto update started, I try to cancel the check for addons operation

Could you try replacing arma3sync.jar file by this one which should fix the issue: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, major_shepard said:

repo set with automatic update

Aha, I just realized my error. I had accidentally set that entire repo to automatic update. I unchecked that and restarted the program. My issue was resolved, thank you.

I'm having troubles setting up a repository.

The repository builds fine but the .zsync files are returning 404 even though we can see it listed if we access the URL with the mod files.

The server is IIS. 

One thing I noticed is that the .zsync files created by Arma3Sync and files that I create manually have different owners.
unknown.png

I can list and download the test.txt just fine.
I can only list the mod.cpp.zsync. 

Any ideas?

On 12/31/2020 at 11:00 PM, W-Cephei said:

I'm having troubles setting up a repository.

The repository builds fine but the .zsync files are returning 404 even though we can see it listed if we access the URL with the mod files.

The server is IIS. 

One thing I noticed is that the .zsync files created by Arma3Sync and files that I create manually have different owners.
unknown.png

I can list and download the test.txt just fine.
I can only list the mod.cpp.zsync. 

Any ideas?

Check out the server log file when you try to download zsync file.

Could you give me access to your repo by pm?

On 1/2/2021 at 8:27 AM, major_shepard said:

Check out the server log file when you try to download zsync file.

Could you give me access to your repo by pm?

I figured it out, it was because I forgot to setup the MIME types.

Hello. Possible stupid question but here goes... I have mods installed via A3 Launcher so if I install A3Sync will A3Sync redownload them or can it find them from my HD?

Cheers