major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Yep.

You cant move more than 1 mod a time 

1 hour ago, Meiestrix said:

Hi,

has someone else the problem that you cant copy your "Addon Groups" in the "Addons" tab annymore?

The duplicate function is grayed out.

I have tested the development version, but i have the some problem with this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/agxf8zj0lfmd2n5/A3sync.png?dl=0

Addon groups generated from the Modsets button can not be modified/duplicate/rename because there are synchronized with repository change.

1 hour ago, major_shepard said:

Addon groups generated from the Modsets button can not be modified/duplicate/rename because there are synchronized with repository change.

I am pretty sure this worked some version ago.

That was the way i added my optional sound mods etc.

Just duplicated our normal synchronized community repository and dragged in some additional sound mods from the left.

If there were any changes (with new, or removed folders) you would have to do this again.

On 30.4.2018 at 12:12 AM, major_shepard said:

@major_shepard i would be really nice to make a duplicate of a sync modset... i need this for testing modsets fast... i sure this was possible some versions ago. Is this possible to add again?

• Like 1

@major_shepard

I think there is a problem with "Huge pages" setting. It is lost when profiles are changed.

I didn't noticed any pattern but this case is often reproducible: just check in each profile "huge pages" and change profile. Sooner or later this setting should be reseted.

16 hours ago, kromka said:

@major_shepard

I think there is a problem with "Huge pages" setting. It is lost when profiles are changed.

I didn't noticed any pattern but this case is often reproducible: just check in each profile "huge pages" and change profile. Sooner or later this setting should be reseted.

I can confirm that. No obvious pattern though

I'm having a bit of an issue with arma 3 sync. So I'm trying to connect to an FTP server I've got set up, but whenever I do so I get an error, either that it can't connect to the server, or that it can't retrieve one of the files in .a3s

Whenever my friends try to access the FTP, everything works fine, and when I try connecting via filezilla or some other FTP program, it works fine. So the issue appears to be client side, and related to arma 3 sync. Anybody have any ideas what could be going wrong? 

EDIT: I had this issue yesterday, restarting my PC fixed it and it worked alright (I lost connection constantly). But today I've restarted multiple times to no avail. Also, I've tested it using a different computer using the same router and that hasn't worked either.

Have you tried to download files from this FTP server using webbrowser/fileZilla?

Hey guys

Whenever I try to put in a config into arma3sync, I get an error saying - Failed to retrieve file: /autoconfig./resources/temp/.autoconfig (No access)

What do I need to do? Please keep it simple as I am not a computer genius.

@major_shepard

I have another small request.

Is it possible in "launcher options" tab add separate TextField with CheckBox to launch editor with a specific mission? Currently I have to add to "Additional Parameters" whole path, but often I don't want to launch editor with this mission and then I need to remove whole path and then paste it again and so on. It would be much more convenient if there would be separate TextField with CheckBox and this TextField box would be taken into consideration depending of CheckBox state (such solution is present in Bohemia standard launcher).

BTW. Do you plan some release with fix of Huge Pages problem (this setting is not remebered properly) in near future?

Best Regards.

@major_shepard

Hi,

we encountered a new problem: If you select an event-repo under the "Repositories"-Tab and then press the button "connect to event" - ArmA3Sync will try to delete everything in the content folders what is not part of the event-repo. Older versions (i.e 1.6.92) did not proceed like that - is that on purpose? 

Thank you for your work & kind regards,

Corben

[TTT] Tactical Training Team

2018-08-20_4.png

Hey everyone,

I just made a dockerized image of arma3sync.
I know there have been a few around, but most of them are just an unzip & add.

This one has nice additional features :

• Downloads latest binary from official FTP everytime you docker build the image, keeps your arma3sync up-to-date
  • Can be run as a command through docker run syntax (arguments you pass are given to arma3sync, defaults to -console)
  • Can create a local repository on your first execution based on ENV variables

You can grab it from there, feedback appreciated ;)

https://hub.docker.com/r/arwynfr/arma3sync

https://github.com/ArwynFr/arma3sync-docker

I just downloaded Java and ArmaA3Sync. I set up everything as my unit recommends, but it only works... sometimes. Suddenly, it will lose connection, and retry for X amount of time until it starts downloading again, full speed. If I cancel when I get the problem, I will get error/Failed to connect, and will have to wait until it suddenly works.

Tried disabling antivirus, firewalls, restarting computer couple of times, letting the computer wiz in the unit look through everything with desktop sharing, but nothing really works. I guess this will actually work once everything is downloaded (I hope), do you have any other suggestions? Have not been able to test on another network.

Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro 2016, plenty of disk space, good, stable internet connection.

Small edit: It seems to work better if I did keep focus on ArmaA3Sync window, and now when everything is complete, it works at least. Still strange.

Edited by Jackiie
Added info

It is dual boot. Everything has worked since, also downloading a few other files. It's a hard problem to induce.

Could notify you if I get the problem again? If I am the only encountering this problem, it is not really that big, at least.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, major_shepard said:

Run arma3sync-debug.exe. Ensure you have java 1.8 installed.

Still the same, i can see arma3sync running from task manager but i cant visible see it.

So I have the problem that every time I try to download any mods the download will stops in the middle ore at the end.

Unbenannt.JPG

19 hours ago, nightsky said:

Still the same, i can see arma3sync running from task manager but i cant visible see it.

When running arma3sync-debug.exe, could you copy the console content in text file and send me by PM.