major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hello, is there please anyway to downgrade the version, iam having huge(atleast for me) problem that i cannot remove Addons from connected repo, but main problem for me its that it now doesnt work with having repo that got addons from multiple directories, for example 70% its in my Documents but 30% is in Workshop but for A3sync its classed, Missing..

Have same issue as ShiftyzZ-98, It doesn't allow me to load mods from another directory which worked before, it seemed to have happened 2 updates ago.

It's telling me that mods are missing from directory A as they are in B, but checking the repo no issue's are given there when Auto-discover is enabled.

Yes thanks alot, iam person who likes to understnad where was issue even tho i dont understand scripting, was there like issue about how many directories it should allow to load for the repo or something ?

Hello,

Since the last update, many of our community members are getting the occasional signature file that fails to update. The download will state 0b, and continue to inform them the file is out of date. To fix it, they have to delete the file off their system, and recheck. Once doing this, ArmA3Sync will correctly download the signature file, and everything is fine.

We did not have this issue prior to the last couple of updates.

Is this a known new issue, or unique to us?

Is it a FTP or HTTP server? I guess is HTTP and error happens on partial file transfer (ie both file exists on server and client)

Try arma3sync-Debug.exe an see what happens.

Hi Major, I have an issue with ArmA3Sync profile selection. In the drop down menu I do not see any of the saved profiles I have in the steam launched version of the game. All I get in the drop down menu is Default. I can create new profiles but I cannot use any of the Steam profiles. Would a complete uninstall and re install of ArmA3Sync sort this out? If so how do I do it?

12 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Hi Major, I have an issue with ArmA3Sync profile selection. In the drop down menu I do not see any of the saved profiles I have in the steam launched version of the game. All I get in the drop down menu is Default. I can create new profiles but I cannot use any of the Steam profiles. Would a complete uninstall and re install of ArmA3Sync sort this out? If so how do I do it?

What do you mean by Steam profile? If you mean arma 3 game profile, this can be loaded (if any) from Launcher options panel of ArmA3Sync.

14 hours ago, Bosenator said:

Roger, will give it a try the next time it happens.

It is HTTP.

Could you give the url of the repo, thanks

On 13/04/2018 at 7:13 PM, dakotam990 said:

@major_shepard I added the two users on the FTP. For the Internet IP of the host machine, I attempted to put mine in the "Host or URL" section and I received this error: https://gyazo.com/0590d61e540cf087b1b6ea4fe93b7792

What about the host machine? Is it a remote dedicated server on the internet? Is it a local server on your ethernet network (like NAS)? A virtualized machine on your PC?

1 hour ago, major_shepard said:

What do you mean by Steam profile? If you mean arma 3 game profile, this can be loaded (if any) from Launcher options panel of ArmA3Sync.

OK so further explanation. If I load Arma3 from the Steam APP I can access my correct game profile "Tim" but I do not have the mods and addons loaded into the Steam App. So, I went on to use Arma3sync for 3 different servers with 3 different modsets, perfectly for about 300 hours. However, last week when I fired up Arma3Sync I believe there was an automatic update. Following that update I cannot access my profile "Tim" in Arma3sync. All I get in the drop down menu is Default. No matter what I do (i only have a limited knowledge) I cannot get the profile to load up.

11 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

OK so further explanation. If I load Arma3 from the Steam APP I can access my correct game profile "Tim" but I do not have the mods and addons loaded into the Steam App. So, I went on to use Arma3sync for 3 different servers with 3 different modsets, perfectly for about 300 hours. However, last week when I fired up Arma3Sync I believe there was an automatic update. Following that update I cannot access my profile "Tim" in Arma3sync. All I get in the drop down menu is Default. No matter what I do (i only have a limited knowledge) I cannot get the profile to load up.

What do you have as folder names into \My Documents\ArmA 3 - other Profiles?

On 4/16/2018 at 5:38 AM, major_shepard said:

What about the host machine? Is it a remote dedicated server on the internet? Is it a local server on your ethernet network (like NAS)? A virtualized machine on your PC?

@major_shepardIt's on NAS.

For some reason when I try to update my unit's repo it seems to get stuck on "checking files." It used to work fine but I decided to move ArmA to my SSD and I've been unable to pass this point of installing. I even tried to put it back on the old drive with no luck. It's not frozen, it's just not finishing the check.  It's been hours. Any help is appreciated.

In the addons tab it knows what's in the repo and the mods that are missing but it won't list them when I try to check for files.

When I run the .bat file and try to check files it says java.lang.StackOverflowError  then there's a big long list of.....stuff.

Could that have something to do with it? Is it on the side of our server?

16 hours ago, dakotam990 said:

@major_shepardIt's on NAS.

Then you must configure your Internet router to redirect incoming internet traffic on port 21 (FTP) to the NAS ethernet address on your local network.

12 hours ago, os_eldridge said:

For some reason when I try to update my unit's repo it seems to get stuck on "checking files." It used to work fine but I decided to move ArmA to my SSD and I've been unable to pass this point of installing. I even tried to put it back on the old drive with no luck. It's not frozen, it's just not finishing the check.  It's been hours. Any help is appreciated.

In the addons tab it knows what's in the repo and the mods that are missing but it won't list them when I try to check for files.

When I run the .bat file and try to check files it says java.lang.StackOverflowError  then there's a big long list of.....stuff.

I would need the content of the console when error happends + url of your repository.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:26 PM, major_shepard said:

Just tried out your repository without issue, partial file transfer included.

This issue just happened again for 20 people.

3 hours ago, Bosenator said:

This issue just happened again for 20 people.

Does not help. For the guy who get an error I need the arma3sync debug console content.

You can simulate a partial file transfer as follow:

- 1 Open an already downloaded pbo file with notepad / notepad++ (faster)

- 2 Delete some lines

-3 Save the file

-4 Run arma3sync-debug.exe

-5 Try to sync this file (not the all repo)

-6 See console content

12 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Does not help. For the guy who get an error I need the arma3sync debug console content.

You can simulate a partial file transfer as follow:

- 1 Open an already downloaded pbo file with notepad / notepad++ (faster)

- 2 Delete some lines

-3 Save the file

-4 Run arma3sync-debug.exe

-5 Try to sync this file (not the all repo)

-6 See console content

Okay, was just informing you that the error persists for our community, and that not everyone gets the error, just a substantial number - an issue that started to occur with the last update.

The issue doesn't occur with .PBOs, only .bisign files. It is not a partial file transfer issue for us, as doing what you mention to the .bisign files is perfectly fine - they update no problem. The fix is to delete them, to which sync will then download the file just fine.

I will run ArmA3-Sync Debug by default now, so if the issue does happen again, I can screen shot it for you.

Edit: Just found out, the guys who don't have the issue are the ones on 1.6.92, and the ones with are 1.6.97.

On 21/04/2018 at 1:49 AM, os_eldridge said:

Could you replace ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

This should fix your issue.

I found and error on version 1.6.97 that may happens with HTTP host repo and 1 connection set by admin. This may result in a freeze during the check for addons process.