major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Thanks for responding,

This is on Arch with openjdk version "1.8.0_162" and 64bit.

I might just dive into java (and I really loathe java) just to figure out why on earth it tries to use a windows based dll on linux. The execstack has nothing to do with it. jni simply can't load a windows .dll on not windows.

ArmA3Sync 1.6 Update 3 now available

Download:

Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-6-97.exe

Zip archive: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/ArmA3Sync-1-6-97.zip

Changelog:

- Added: WEBDAV as repository upload protocol for HTTP server.
- Added: Events managment panel: new options duplicate event, select all/expand all addons.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! Unfortunately with the new version  I get an error when synchronizing with my dedicated server (saying "failed to connect to the FTP server on url ftp:\xxxxx" and "Remote file not found /.a3s/sync"). Looking at the mentioned folder, the sync file is there.  I didn't  change anything else, happens with both of my computers,. Any ideas?

Good afternoon! Please, please, in Linux when you download Adons if there is a space in the folder name, then the mods are not loaded. It is possible to add something that would be preceded by a space with the \ (Arma 3 sign, but Arma \ 3). Thank you.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:28 PM, Tobur said:

Thanks for the update! Unfortunately with the new version  I get an error when synchronizing with my dedicated server (saying "failed to connect to the FTP server on url ftp:\xxxxx" and "Remote file not found /.a3s/sync"). Looking at the mentioned folder, the sync file is there.  I didn't  change anything else, happens with both of my computers,. Any ideas?

same problem..

2 hours ago, Korbut_Cheka said:

Good afternoon! Please, please, in Linux when you download Adons if there is a space in the folder name, then the mods are not loaded. It is possible to add something that would be preceded by a space with the \ (Arma 3 sign, but Arma \ 3). Thank you.

Loaded by what? ArmA3Sync? ArmA3 game/server?

30 minutes ago, 2RGT DCS WORLD said:

same problem..

Try 1.6.97. @Tobur error happens because the FTP server does not support the MLST command.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Try 1.6.97. @Tobur error happens because the FTP server does not support the MLST command.

I tried, but from the same error after the update

27 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Thanks for the quick response!! The latest 1.6.97 solved my issue

Note that you will get lower performance on file sync/file upload with ArmA3Sync and this kind of FTP server. Move FileZilla server if you can.

@major_shepard

I'm currently in the process of setting up a Repository for a Unit through ArmA3Sync. I'm running the repository off of Windows Filezilla with XAMPP Control Panel.

I followed the guide in the wiki provided on this topic for FTP. After following the steps and sending the auto-config URL to members of the Unit, they receive this error: https://gyazo.com/6e179d16660bcba9eb9a0fa58c34a50a

XAMPP Control Panel

Permissions for the shared folder (Not my ArmA3Sync directory, created another folder on my PC for the mods in the Repo)

Setup for the Repository w/ the IP which I have tested to ensure it works (Second link is of the index w/ mods)

Administration settings of the Repo. I built the Repo, then uploaded it with these settings:
https://gyazo.com/79e1a18d076529bf038cdfd55059658f and I have checked the synchronization after building the repo and then after uploading it.

@major_shepard

I would like to ask about funcionality.

Currently when I sync repo, some additional address of game server may be added to Online tab. I can also change this name by editing it (and I usually do this).
Problem is when I will change the title of such entry, during next repo sync original server is added to the server list despite server with the same IP and port already exists on this list.

Is it possible a3s do some verification during repo sync and omit existing servers even if title is different than the original one?

@dakotam990 you are using localhost address (127.0.0.1) which is not remotely accessible. You must use internet IP of the host machine to set up the repo in ArmA3Sync. Secondly do no set anonymous FTP user with full permissions which make the host machine highly vulnerable against remote attacker. Do set 2 users on the FTP. The anonymous on with read only + a "admin" user with read+write permissions + password protection. Both anonymous and admin users sharing the same folder. Then use anonymous connection to set up the repo on ArmA3Sync and admin credentials to set up the Upload connection.

1 hour ago, kromka said:

@major_shepard

I would like to ask about funcionality.

Currently when I sync repo, some additional address of game server may be added to Online tab. I can also change this name by editing it (and I usually do this).
Problem is when I will change the title of such entry, during next repo sync original server is added to the server list despite server with the same IP and port already exists on this list.

Is it possible a3s do some verification during repo sync and omit existing servers even if title is different than the original one?

ok

8 hours ago, major_shepard said:

@dakotam990 you are using localhost address (127.0.0.1) which is not remotely accessible. You must use internet IP of the host machine to set up the repo in ArmA3Sync. Secondly do no set anonymous FTP user with full permissions which make the host machine highly vulnerable against remote attacker. Do set 2 users on the FTP. The anonymous on with read only + a "admin" user with read+write permissions + password protection. Both anonymous and admin users sharing the same folder. Then use anonymous connection to set up the repo on ArmA3Sync and admin credentials to set up the Upload connection.

@major_shepard I added the two users on the FTP. For the Internet IP of the host machine, I attempted to put mine in the "Host or URL" section and I received this error: https://gyazo.com/0590d61e540cf087b1b6ea4fe93b7792