major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Edit ArmA3Sync.bat file

Change

java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xms256m -Xmx256m ...

To

java -verbose > "%~dp0jvm.log" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xms256m -Xmx256m ...

Run modified ArmA3Sync.bat file, you should get a jvm.log file into ArmA3Sync installation directory.

Then send me this file by PM.

Good evening, I'm currently running A3 sync on a CentOS 7 box. An issue I'm having is the autoconfig works, but then when I go to use the sync it comes back with a http 400 error, bad request.

a9232b216a91438631c51529d61d5520.png

This is the error message, I can provide any other information if necessary, thank you in advance.

On 28/09/2017 at 3:26 AM, kai817 said:

Good evening, I'm currently running A3 sync on a CentOS 7 box. An issue I'm having is the autoconfig works, but then when I go to use the sync it comes back with a http 400 error, bad request.

a9232b216a91438631c51529d61d5520.png

This is the error message, I can provide any other information if necessary, thank you in advance.

Working fine for me. Are you getting this error on the server of on your PC?

On 29/09/2017 at 10:37 AM, major_shepard said:

Working fine for me. Are you getting this error on the server of on your PC?

Apologies I forgot to update, I was trying to access it with a login, namely the root account. Switched to anonymous and it works like a charm. Only problem is I can't stop anonymous from administrating the repository.

Hi,

I need help..... pls

I am trying to set up a repo for my community and hit a big problem with my autoconfig-url.

When trying to import a repo via autoconfig, arma3sync tells me:

Remote file /.a3s/autoconfig not found in repository!

The problem is that . in front of ".a3s "(hidden folder?) because it breaks the url...

With an FTP-Client i can see all the files inside the ".a3s" directory. 

When i try to get inside the ".a3s" directory via Browser it says "Website not available".

The ".a3s" directory hides all files inside and arma3sync cant import the repo because the autoconfig (and the other files for updating,sync.etc) file is hidden inside ".a3s" directory...

I guess i need to make any serverside configuration to change the formation of the url but i cant find anything like that...

Any help would be appreciated...

Btw. why is this hidden folder neccessary.... why ;D....

Srsly.... Why....

Greets from Germany

Why is it that my download speeds on arma sync are slow AF I've made my number of connections 10 I've done everything I could reinstall but it downloads at like 10 KBS and its like stupid slow why is this no one elses does this help anyone?

4 hours ago, oliekill said:

Why is it that my download speeds on arma sync are slow AF I've made my number of connections 10 I've done everything I could reinstall but it downloads at like 10 KBS and its like stupid slow why is this no one elses does this help anyone?

Because the files server sucks, contact the repo admin.

On 30/09/2017 at 7:17 PM, Bayern_Maik said:

Hi,

I need help..... pls

I am trying to set up a repo for my community and hit a big problem with my autoconfig-url.

When trying to import a repo via autoconfig, arma3sync tells me:

The problem is that . in front of ".a3s "(hidden folder?) because it breaks the url...

With an FTP-Client i can see all the files inside the ".a3s" directory. 

When i try to get inside the ".a3s" directory via Browser it says "Website not available".

The ".a3s" directory hides all files inside and arma3sync cant import the repo because the autoconfig (and the other files for updating,sync.etc) file is hidden inside ".a3s" directory...

I guess i need to make any serverside configuration to change the formation of the url but i cant find anything like that...

Any help would be appreciated...

Btw. why is this hidden folder neccessary.... why ;D....

Srsly.... Why....

Greets from Germany

If you past the the url http://blabla/.a3s/autoconfig in a web browser, what does it say?

You must configure MIME type to allow files with no extension.

• Like 1

If you past the the url http://blabla/.a3s/autoconfig in a web browser, what does it say?

You must configure MIME type to allow files with no extension.

It says "Website not found".

All directorys before .a3s are shown (http://blabla/).

When trying to access .a3s = website not found.

MIME... Thats a serverside setting, isn't it?

Sadly my fileserver is a hosted webspace and i cant access those settings.

Does this mean u need to find that 1 out of 1000 webhosters who is "dumb" enough to allow customers to edit serversettings (security issue) to use a3sync? 

7 hours ago, Bayern_Maik said:

It says "Website not found".

All directorys before .a3s are shown (http://blabla/).

When trying to access .a3s = website not found.

MIME... Thats a serverside setting, isn't it?

Sadly my fileserver is a hosted webspace and i cant access those settings.

Does this mean u need to find that 1 out of 1000 webhosters who is "dumb" enough to allow customers to edit serversettings (security issue) to use a3sync? 

Http servers can have specific settings on any file/folder. Contact the server hoster about your problem.  

And yes there are web hosters that allow users to edit their server conf.

Hi, @major_shepard since a long long time now I use A3S for build https repo's, launch servers & game. I want to leave Windows since a longtime cause I hate it ^^... And I just use it actually for ArmA 3 (the only game that I play), ok A3 work on Linux, but my problem is: I Cant launch the game with addons from A3S on a linux. I can just build a Repo on LNX or launch A3 directly from Steam (for exemple)

Did you have any solution/tuto for the procedure to apply for it?

Tks you!

Best Regards.

Hey @major_shepard quick question:

We use compressed .pbo's in our repo. Is there anyway I can update my repo without having to delete all the .zip files before I click the build button? If I don't do that every addon comes with their compressed version inside, and the size of the update doubles.

I hope I have been clear enough, if not let me know.

thank you.

On 07/10/2017 at 4:04 PM, ownedarg said:

Hey @major_shepard quick question:

We use compressed .pbo's in our repo. Is there anyway I can update my repo without having to delete all the .zip files before I click the build button? If I don't do that every addon comes with their compressed version inside, and the size of the update doubles.

I hope I have been clear enough, if not let me know.

thank you.

I don't understand.

Do you add the hole addon as compressed zip file into the repo? If yes, why?

On 05/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, S. Hamilton said:

Hi, @major_shepard since a long long time now I use A3S for build https repo's, launch servers & game. I want to leave Windows since a longtime cause I hate it ^^... And I just use it actually for ArmA 3 (the only game that I play), ok A3 work on Linux, but my problem is: I Cant launch the game with addons from A3S on a linux. I can just build a Repo on LNX or launch A3 directly from Steam (for exemple)

Did you have any solution/tuto for the procedure to apply for it?

Tks you!

Best Regards.

ok

7 hours ago, major_shepard said:

I don't understand.

Do you add the hole addon as compressed zip file into the repo? If yes, why?

No, we use the standard zip file compression A3S provides. 

As you surely know, when you click the build button every .pbo gets compressed into a .zip file.

Now, when I need to update the repo and maybe add a new mod. Do I need to delete every .zip file inside the repo, before I click build again? (I usually do this by searching for '*.zip' inside the repo and delete all).

That's my question. I hope I've been clear enough. @major_shepard

Anyone else having great difficulty getting the files from the FTP link?

22 hours ago, ownedarg said:

No, we use the standard zip file compression A3S provides. 

As you surely know, when you click the build button every .pbo gets compressed into a .zip file.

Now, when I need to update the repo and maybe add a new mod. Do I need to delete every .zip file inside the repo, before I click build again? (I usually do this by searching for '*.zip' inside the repo and delete all).

That's my question. I hope I've been clear enough. @major_shepard

There is no need to delete manually the .pbo.zip files before build.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kai817 said:

Anyone else having great difficulty getting the files from the FTP link?

FTP/connection issue.

Im having a hell of a time trying to figure this out but I followed this to the T

but whenever I try and connect from a client I get "error remote file /.a3s/sync not found on repository" and when I look in the filezilla logs it says "550 CWD failed. "/.a3s": Permission denied."?