major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

3 hours ago, belbo said:

A problem I ran into over the last months was that players, who had the same mod we use and distribute via Arma3Sync in a different version from Steam Workshop, would always start their game with the wrong mod version. The problem was that selecting our modset would result in the SWS version of the mod being selected with no surefire way to switch to a different (our) version except for deleting the SWS content. Manually moving the mod from "Available Addons" to the right Addon Group would not make any difference.

We ought to have some way of selecting whether or not SWS content should be included in repository-made-modsets - or even to disable SWS content completely. Even better: If a modgroup is created from a repository link, the addons of this repository will most likely be downloaded to one single location - and never to the !workshop-folder. So if you click on the "Modsets" button and include such a modset, only addons from the location the whole repository has been downloaded to should be included.

Or better yet would be the option to toggle between different versions of the same mod if there are duplicates in "Available Addons" - for example if you use multiple addon search directories. Then you have the additional hassle of multiple additional locations+game folder+workshop folder.

It's nice to have SWS content available in Arma3Sync for players who use A3S only as a launcher. For communities distributing their mods via A3S it's really necessary to have players automatically use or be able to select the right mod version.

Tell your guys to:

1- Create a dedicated directory on the disk to download the files with name MyClanName OUTSIDE of the the ArmA3 installation directory.

2- Create a dedicated ArmA3Sync Profile with name MyClanName

3- In the ArmA3Sync Profile set the MyClanName directory as Addons Search directory

4- Import the clan repository/set the repository to download to the  MyClanName directory

5. From this point selecting modset MyClanName  => ArmA3Sync will look inside MyClanName directory only.

For the Workshop fan boys:

1. Create a dedicated ArmA3Sync Profile with name Workshop

2. In the ArmA3Sync Profile set AmA3 installation directory\!Worshop as Addons search directory

Now just switch between MyClanName Profile and Workshop Profile

28 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Tell your guys to:

(...)

Now just switch between MyClanName Profile and Workshop Profile

I see that as a workaround (creating problems on it's own) to a problem that could also or easier be solved from the application's side - by giving the option to select from where a mod should be put in an Addon Group.

The only way to prevent user from doing shit with addons is:

- Strict synchronization of files to a single directory. Every extra files found in this directory => automatic delete. Which imply that ArmA3 installation directory could not be use as synchronization directory.

- Do not let user do mod selection manually. Start the game from selecting among predefined modsets linked to the repository (and then to the single synchronization directory).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

The only way to prevent user from doing shit with addons is:

It's not about preventing users from "doing shit", it's about implementing options for users who both use steam workshop and a3sync without adding additional problems. But I get it, your answer is no.

1 hour ago, belbo said:

I see that as a workaround (creating problems on it's own) to a problem that could also or easier be solved from the application's side - by giving the option to select from where a mod should be put in an Addon Group.

It's not a workaround... it's how the program works (and I quite like that).  You want to have control at the addon group level, but you don't - the control exists at the profile level.  Each profile defines addon sources...  addon groups are contained within the profile, so creating yet another layer of branching at the addon group level would be unnecessary.

24 minutes ago, Beauregard said:

Hey , 

I am trying to setup a second Repo on one PC. Can you tell me what I need ?

Forgot to say , I have 2 domains I can use for each , 1 IP though

Just share one directory for each repo like http://IP/repoDirectory1 and http://IP/repoDirectory2

8 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Just share one directory for each repo like http://IP/repoDirectory1 and http://IP/repoDirectory2

Okay I made two shared locations in Filezila , However the one set as Home direcrtoty works and the second does not

In Filezilla set /home as shared directory on the ftp

In /home create directories: /home/directory1 and /home/directory2

From this point, you should have 2 working url: ftp://IP/directory1 and ftp://IP/directory2

12 hours ago, major_shepard said:

In Filezilla set /home as shared directory on the ftp

In /home create directories: /home/directory1 and /home/directory2

From this point, you should have 2 working url: ftp://IP/directory1 and ftp://IP/directory2

It works , Thanks fam .

One more question

Lets say I have domain.com

And I want the directory 1 to be sync.domain.com , and I already made Type A record however it will work also for the second directory. Which DNS type to use to mske it only work for directory since in type A i can only make IP not IP+Location

DNS associate IP to domain name not url. FTP servers do not support url redirection ever. Only a front hand router or a firewall could be configured to block or redirect incoming requests like ftp://domain1/directory2

Hello Community, 

I'm having a problem with Armasync on our Linux (Debian) server. When starting Armasync with the Java file the window is just grey. The buttons still seem to be there and clickable but one can't see them.

I also tried using wine with the exe file but that didn't work either.

Already reinstalled java and also installed an older version- still no joy.

(Also deleted arma 3 sync and redownloaded it, no change in that behaviour).

Do you have any ideas?

Do you have any error in the console when running ArmA3Sync.sh script? Which JRE are you using with Debian?

@major_shepard
Maybe this question was already asked...

Currently A3 original launcher has some options not present in a3s: -skipIntro, selective extra threads, -unit (I don't know what it is) and couple of others.

Is there a plan to add those switches? I know I can put them manualy but it would be convenient to have selectable boxes.

Also it would be very convenient to have a dialog window if I want to run editior with specific mission loaded.

Additionaly there is probably small issue in current version.

"huge pages" are enabled always if there is a no selection of "malloc". I suppose then default is used. But it also should be enabled if "tbb4malloc_bi_x64" is used because it is default one.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:58 PM, kromka said:

@major_shepard
Maybe this question was already asked...

Currently A3 original launcher has some options not present in a3s: -skipIntro, selective extra threads, -unit (I don't know what it is) and couple of others.

Is there a plan to add those switches? I know I can put them manualy but it would be convenient to have selectable boxes.

Also it would be very convenient to have a dialog window if I want to run editior with specific mission loaded.

-skipintro is nosplashscreen in A3s.

-skipintro is same thing as -world=empty (Default world empty in ArmA3Sync)

Generally speaking ArmA3Sync has currently all the useful parameters, only the name may be slightly different from the BIS Launcher.

Armasync is saving all my other preferences EXCEPT for the Battleye option. I have to enable battleye everytime i run Armasync. I remember this not being the case before. Im pretty sure the files arent set to read only. Any reason why its not saving battleye-enabled for me?

The Enable Battleye option is never saved. It is determined from the ArmA3 exe location:

arma3.exe/arma3_x64.exe -> Enable Battleye is disabled.

arma3battleye.exe -> Enable Battleye is enabled.

Hello Community.

When i launch arma3sync, nothing happen.

I checked my tack manager and i saw a new task : "Java(TM) Platform SE binary"  opening when i launch arma3sync but nothing more. (no warning, no error message)

I try to use the Arma3Sync - Console and it work , i can access to the repositery (check, build, sync, ....). But its not really convenient.

what can i do ? 

i run ArmA3Sync-debug.exe and that gives me that :

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.6.92
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_144
OS Name = Windows 10
DevMode = false
RunMode = false
SafeMode = false