major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

2 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Remove all version of java then install last one

I've done that multiple times. still errors out for me.

5 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

How much free memory do you have? With OS is it?

Free Memory as in Hard Drive Space? 

HDD: 457gb free/2tb

Ram: 16gb

12 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Did BIS changed something about workshop downloaded addons lately?

Well, I noticed that they are in a new folder "!workshop" now.
I launched the regular A3 launcher for the first time in a while to install new workshop mods (The only reason I use it)
Ever since then I cant enable them through A3 sync and have to do it through the A3 Launcher.
Also note:

!workshop folder is hidden. When unhidden it did not show up in A3sync.

Inside !workshop are @folders however they look like they are shortcut folders, however lead to nothing except the folder where mod files are installed.

I noticed that when launching programs via the "External Apps" functionality, the command line is passed to the program enclosed in quotes, so 

someProgram.exe -r path/to/something

becomes 

someProgram.exe "-r path/to/something"

This means that someProgram.exec receives exactly one parameter all the time, namely "-r path/to/something", instead of two, "-r" and "path/to/something".

I want to use targetGUI.exe to set up the Warthog, but it doesn't work.

On 23/02/2017 at 1:10 AM, Varanon said:

I noticed that when launching programs via the "External Apps" functionality, the command line is passed to the program enclosed in quotes, so 

someProgram.exe -r path/to/something

becomes 

someProgram.exe "-r path/to/something"

This means that someProgram.exec receives exactly one parameter all the time, namely "-r path/to/something", instead of two, "-r" and "path/to/something".

I want to use targetGUI.exe to set up the Warthog, but it doesn't work.

OK

New update coming soon :f:

ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta now available

This version is for TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the link

Do NOT publish on Armaholic and others sites

Download: ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta

Changelog:

- Added: Automatic synchronization of files on repository update. See
- Added: Periodical repository check for updates (menu->help->preferences). See
- Added: Start with Windows (menu->help->preferences). See
- Added: Customizable icons size (menu->help->preferences)). See
- Added: Notification on repository updates into icon tray.See
- Added: Automatic attempt to reconnect to repository on connection lost for both files synchronization and repository upload. See
- Fixed: Excessive cpu loading when setting up download speed limit.
- Improved: Check for addons speed for repository hosted on HTTP server.
- Removed: TFAR installer and ACRE2 installer.

Hey,

Just create a new build on my repository, but something is going wrong, i have one of my folders appearing like that :

34a089bae4.png

All addons in the @3rdSFG Mods folders can't be launch :/

Bug corrected, I just changed the folder name of CBA ("@Community Base Addons A3" to "@CBA_A3")

Sadly even the update you released it crashes for me when trying to press select so I can pick where Arma is located :c

4 hours ago, PatrickJr. said:

Sadly even the update you released it crashes for me when trying to press select so I can pick where Arma is located :c

Look for a file with name like hs_err_pid.log into Arm3Sync installation directory or desktop or windows temp folder and give it to me by pm.

Try running windows in safe mode and disable UAC.

11 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Look for a file with name like hs_err_pid.log into Arm3Sync installation directory or desktop or windows temp folder and give it to me by pm.

Try running windows in safe mode and disable UAC.

I have UAC disabled already. I'll hit you up via PM

@PatrickJr: try ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta 2, and use ArmA3Sync-safe-mode.exe within ArmA3Sync installation directory. You can try eventually to change the look and feel from help -> Preferences.

Where does A3Sync store rpt files? Cant find them in the regular Appdata/Local place.

1 hour ago, majogl said:

Where does A3Sync store rpt files? Cant find them in the regular Appdata/Local place.

ArmA3Sync generates only a debug file to desktop if an unexpected errors occurred. You run ArmA3Sync.bat file to get debug infos in a console.

Hi Major_shepard

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up an HTTP repo with password authentication. It gives me a 400 error from apache when trying to get the sync file.

From debug error logs,I get this

Thu Mar 16 13:54:28.067204 2017] [core:debug] [pid 3096:tid 1812] protocol.c(1151): [client XX.XX.XX.XX:22127] AH02427: Request header value is malformed: Basic cmVwb1NUMTpwYXRhdGE=\r
[Thu Mar 16 13:54:28.067204 2017] [core:debug] [pid 3096:tid 1812] protocol.c(1312): [client XX.XX.XX.XX:22127] AH00567: request failed: error reading the headers

Access logs

XX.XX.XX.XX - - [16/Mar/2017:13:50:01 +0100] "GET /repoA3/.a3s/sync HTTP/1.1" 400 286 "-" "ArmA3Sync"

If I disable the password authentication, it works perfectly.

I'm able to browse the site using a normal broswer with passwd auth.

I've captured data with wireshark and I don't get were may be the problem, both requests (browser and arma3sync seem legit.)

I'm using  Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/5.6.30 on a windows server 2012.

BTW, it fails using arma3sync locally or on a different machine.Running both latest JDK version 1.8.XX

Any ideas??

I'm having problems connecting to a repository. I talked to my ISP and they said nothing should be preventing me from seeing/communicating with the repository. Sometimes it times out and says "Failed to retrieve file /autoconfig | ArmA3Sync closed connection: Read timeout reached. Please checkout the connection settings." Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, I was  wondering, how do you launch 64bit arma with battleye? if for the executable I use arma3battleye.exe it launches in 32bit and if i launch using arma3_x64.exe it doesn't enabe battleye, thanks

13 hours ago, TAW_sidthesloth said:

Will there be an update to accommodate 64bit arma? or will just be the case of selecting a different exe?

Just select the x64 exe.

4 hours ago, zriel said:

Here is what Apache is complaining for. This is a good request

eLYp4Qg.png

And a bad request

PEvJWWf.png

Notice how a good request ends header with \r\n

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5757290/http-header-line-break-style

Could you check ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-6-88.zip

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, doctrench said:

Hi, I was  wondering, how do you launch 64bit arma with battleye? if for the executable I use arma3battleye.exe it launches in 32bit and if i launch using arma3_x64.exe it doesn't enabe battleye, thanks

No idea, you may ask someone from BIS.

6 hours ago, wabbitseason said:

I'm having problems connecting to a repository. I talked to my ISP and they said nothing should be preventing me from seeing/communicating with the repository. Sometimes it times out and says "Failed to retrieve file /autoconfig | ArmA3Sync closed connection: Read timeout reached. Please checkout the connection settings." Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Check out the Settings button, ensure time outs are set to 300 s.

You may also try ArmA3Sync 1.6 Beta which is more robust against connection loses. ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-6-88.zip