major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I've tried searching these forums and Google for my questions/answer, but I'm unable to find anything about it.

I sync 5 different group/clans repositories and most of them use TFAR.  In ArmA3Sync, when I am in the AddOns Tab/AddOns Group - TFAR says, "****(duplicate available).  I'm thinking this has something to do with the multiple sync repositories and that most of them use/sync TFAR.

Two questions:

1. Does this hurt or possibly could hurt loading the modest, etc?

2. How would I fix this?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

** Note - I've looked at some of the other AddOn Groups and othe mods show ****(duplicate available).

Use different profiles in ArmA3Sync for each repository.

• Like 1

Hello... i've been getting this error 

http://prntscr.com/dbqmbu

- reinstalling doesnt work
- manual link takes some time to sync but then fails 
- my anti-virus being disabled doesn't change a thing 

what the hell is going on? This has been a problem for months and i'm running out of things to try.. (short of formatting the whole thing). 

It's probably worth mentioning that i was trying to edit the repo details when this first started happening... perhaps there is a cookie or something of that nature that i need to track and delete somewhere in the windows folder??

15 hours ago, lionheart1308 said:

Hello... i've been getting this error 

http://prntscr.com/dbqmbu

- reinstalling doesnt work
- manual link takes some time to sync but then fails 
- my anti-virus being disabled doesn't change a thing 

what the hell is going on? This has been a problem for months and i'm running out of things to try.. (short of formatting the whole thing). 

It's probably worth mentioning that i was trying to edit the repo details when this first started happening... perhaps there is a cookie or something of that nature that i need to track and delete somewhere in the windows folder??

What happens exactly if you try to provide the credentials manually then sync with the repo?

On 12/6/2016 at 1:57 PM, major_shepard said:

Use different profiles in ArmA3Sync for each repository.

Thank you Major_Shepard! Creating different profiles fixed the (duplicate) warning.

Ultimately, does it hurt anything if I had left it as is?

On 12/15/2016 at 0:12 PM, major_shepard said:

What happens exactly if you try to provide the credentials manually then sync with the repo?

It creates a repo, but by clicking the 'sync' (the green check) it gives me that exact same error. 

I just checked arma3 steam files cache and it was 100% no issues there either. 

PS: I run as administrator in case you're thinking that. 

19 hours ago, lionheart1308 said:

It creates a repo, but by clicking the 'sync' (the green check) it gives me that exact same error. 

I just checked arma3 steam files cache and it was 100% no issues there either. 

PS: I run as administrator in case you're thinking that. 

Could you boot your PC in Windows Safe mode with network support then try ArmA3Sync?

On 12/23/2016 at 3:55 PM, major_shepard said:

Could you boot your PC in Windows Safe mode with network support then try ArmA3Sync?

Yes i just did. Tried making a repo while in safe mode, nothing changed or behaved differently. Got the same error message.

6 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Could you check the disk(s) for surface errors (execute -> cmd -> chkdsk)

i forgot to mention that I've tried installing a3s on different paths to see if that makes a difference, it didn't.
The main ssd (reserved for OS) as well as a new hdd (reserved for media storage and games), gave the same error.
Disk check revealed no problems with both drives. 

I am having an issue that i cant fix. i have tried looking it up all over and i can not find a solution. when in the debug menu i get the following errors:

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.5.80
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_111
DevMode = false
os Name = Windows 10
Checking for updates...
Connection updates repository Success
java.net.SocketException: Failed to retrieve file /ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/a3s.xml
Connection failed.
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.AbstractConnexionDAO.transferIOExceptionFactory(AbstractConnexionDAO.java:110)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:128)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadXMLupdateFile(FtpDAO.java:503)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.connection.FtpService.checkForUpdates(FtpService.java:439)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel.checkForUpdates(MainPanel.java:890)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel$24.run(MainPanel.java:561)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Failed to connect to updates repository
Checking repositories...
Checking repository: Odin Mods
Error when checking repository Odin Mods: Failed to retrieve file /.a3s/sync
Connection failed.
Checking repositories done.

can someone please explain how to fix this.

things i have tried:

firewall and anti virus exclusions

clean install of windows (windows 10)

new installs of java

admin privledges

running in windows 7-8 comparability.

i even went as far as to copy a friends completely out of there computer (there's works) and even then it still does not allow the application to update or connect to our repository (that about 8 others can) please help :( .

14 hours ago, major_shepard said:

You can grab the last available version of ArmA3Sync from here ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/

Have you tried to disable completely firewall and antivirus?

thanks for the response! i actually found what the issue was, i used another router through my crappy Xfinity (Comcast) one. all i had to do is set it to bridge mode. call to confirm the connection and bam that was it. it was a mac address issue.

I'm currently having an issue where arma 3 sync wont open because of a java runtime error where it cant find the path. I tried everything and it still wont work. Can someone please help?

7 hours ago, interectic said:

I'm currently having an issue where arma 3 sync wont open because of a java runtime error where it cant find the path. I tried everything and it still wont work. Can someone please help?

1. Remove all versions of Java you may have

2. Clean windows registry using tool like CCleaner (free)

3. Install last version of Java

12 hours ago, major_shepard said:

1. Remove all versions of Java you may have

2. Clean windows registry using tool like CCleaner (free)

3. Install last version of Java

thank you so much this worked!

When I try to import a repository, just any repository, it always says "Failed to Connect to URL: ftp://blahblahblah/autoconfig. Connection Failed". It never works, I've tried it on multiple autoconfigs and none of them work. Please help

10 hours ago, BeNNy879 said:

When I try to import a repository, just any repository, it always says "Failed to Connect to URL: ftp://blahblahblah/autoconfig. Connection Failed". It never works, I've tried it on multiple autoconfigs and none of them work. Please help

Antivirus/Firewall/Router blocking ArmA3Sync to access internet.

Hey mate, absolutely love program. I've been using A3Sync for sometime now and couldn't use anything else.

I was just wondering if you plan on releasing an update at some stage to make use of the new 64bit options. as you can see here the ability in the dev branch to add more memory etc. is going to be very useful to optimize the game under the launcher options tab

15781569_324167161310111_385276165752362

16 hours ago, rekkless said:

Hey mate, absolutely love program. I've been using A3Sync for sometime now and couldn't use anything else.

I was just wondering if you plan on releasing an update at some stage to make use of the new 64bit options. as you can see here the ability in the dev branch to add more memory etc. is going to be very useful to optimize the game under the launcher options tab

Sure when it will be released in the ArmA 3 stable branch. Now you can always add manually this parameters into the "Additional run parameters" field of ArmA3Sync.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zero80472 said:

Can you update this to include webdav support for repostitorys ? 

thanks 

You want webdav for uploading a repository to a remote http server right?

On January 4, 2017 at 7:50 AM, major_shepard said:

Sure when it will be released in the ArmA 3 stable branch. Now you can always add manually this parameters into the "Additional run parameters" field of ArmA3Sync.

Good to hear this, can't imagine running mods in Arma without Arma3Sync!

• Like 3

@major_shepard The new TS3-version made some changes that will probably affect the TFAR/ACRE-plugin installer.

None of the radio mods have updated their stuff to suit TS 3.1 yet, but for when they do; here's some info from another thread: