major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hey,

our Mod-Folder is a sub-folder of the "normal" Arma Folder (Steamapps/common/arma3/@Unshaved) and in there are all the mods.

If I add that folder specifically nothing changes until I delete the folder above (steamapps/common/arma3) from the list, then all the mods from our Rep. show up, but anything that's not in there (mods for other Gamemodes, etc) don't show up anymore. (As to be expected...)

Just moving the folder up top in the List in Addon search directories doesn't change anything too.

I'd just love to have the @Unshaved Folder back in the addons panel. Is there a possibility to basically have both folders active?

What is the file structure of the @Unshaved folder? is it @Unshaved\addons\*.pbo or @Unshaved\@AddonName\Addons\*.pbo?

If it is the first case just add Steamapps/common/arma3 in the Addon seach directory and should be fine.

What is the file structure of the @Unshaved folder? is it @Unshaved\addons\*.pbo or @Unshaved\@AddonName\Addons\*.pbo?

If it is the first case just add Steamapps/common/arma3 in the Addon seach directory and should be fine.

Hey, it's @unshaved\@alive\Addons\*.pbo (just as an example).

Is it possible to have it that way?

What's strange is that you have ArmA3 and ArmA3Server as addons ???

Do remove all the paths from Addon options panel -> addon search directories. Create a dedicated directory for your addon and add this path to addon search directories.

Hi

I've just barely used this program, but it appears very useful and functional, kudos for that. 

I've run into one odd thing, however. If I limit the download speed, the CPU usage for the Java application skyrockets to around 75-80% usage on a 6700k stock clock. Turning the limt back to 0, the CPU usage stays around 0,5%. Does the CPU have to work in order to maintain a limited download speed? The speed fluctuates a lot as well whilst limited, but without restrictions it's more or less stable. 

This just made me a little curious. 

Thanks for creating the program  :)

Cool thanks, : Slapping myself in the face for not checking any of the files before asking on the forum.

However, Is it possible this is somewhat broken ? As i cannot seem to get it to work properly.

Though the repo works fine if i run it from the gui ?

Also after running the "check" is there also a "download" command for the console, that would re-sync my local files from the remote ?

PS: i'm executing this command on a windows 2008 R2 server and the repo is hosted on vsftpd server running Ubuntu Linux

Hi, im getting the same problem /.a3s/sync not found in repository, but im running my arma sync on the same machien, any ideas?

Hi, im getting the same problem /.a3s/sync not found in repository, but im running my arma sync on the same machien, any ideas?

Presumably the repo url is wrong or server conf issue. Use a web browser to test the access/browse/download with the repo.

Hi

I've just barely used this program, but it appears very useful and functional, kudos for that. 

I've run into one odd thing, however. If I limit the download speed, the CPU usage for the Java application skyrockets to around 75-80% usage on a 6700k stock clock. Turning the limt back to 0, the CPU usage stays around 0,5%. Does the CPU have to work in order to maintain a limited download speed? The speed fluctuates a lot as well whilst limited, but without restrictions it's more or less stable. 

This just made me a little curious. 

Thanks for creating the program  :)

Are you using multiple connections along with speed limit? What happens with 1 connection + speed limit?

Are you using multiple connections along with speed limit? What happens with 1 connection + speed limit?

I tried to re-download a 300MB mod now, to check. It had only 1 active connection regardless of setting, and the CPU usage stayed at 23-28% this time. 

I don't recall how many active connections I had yesterday, but it was set to 5 in the settings. 

Old problem again: I changed a the directory name of @CUP_Terrains. After 12+ hours of upload and delete, he said he finished. But when I tried to sync, he said no changes. 

So I clicked upload again... and he again says 11 hours... 

I didn't use FTP for direct access. Access rights are in perfect condition as we are using this Repo for a long time now. It's only big updates he can't handle. 

That means now: Rebuilding Repo, deleting remote content, reuploading everything and in the end the Repo was down for nearly 3 days. Can we please please pretty please get the possibility to upload manually too?

Old problem again: I changed a the directory name of @CUP_Terrains. After 12+ hours of upload and delete, he said he finished. But when I tried to sync, he said no changes. 

So I clicked upload again... and he again says 11 hours... 

I didn't use FTP for direct access. Access rights are in perfect condition as we are using this Repo for a long time now. It's only big updates he can't handle. 

That means now: Rebuilding Repo, deleting remote content, reuploading everything and in the end the Repo was down for nearly 3 days. Can we please please pretty please get the possibility to upload manually too?

If you delete the remote /.a3s/sync file then ArmA3Sync will re-upload everything  to guarantee the corresponding between the /.a3s/sync file and the repository content. 

You can perfectly do whatever you want manually as long as you can still guarantee that the /a3s/sync file is corresponding to the repo file content.

Maybe I'm simply doing a few things wrong here. After A3S wouldn't do any changes anymore, I uploaded to a local FTP. Then I transfer from that folder via Filezilla in binary mode to the internet FTP. 

Then I try to connect directly to the real FTP und suddenly he stays at "Deleting extra remote files..." for nearly an hour even though there is nothing to delete.

And even after doing both... (successfully as both program say), I still miss files on the destination internet-FTP. 

I doublechecked the source Repo and stuff and everything looks perfectly fine. It's just that when you click sync, he doesn't show these files on the client.

I have a small issue I would appreciate you could give me some pointers.

Is there a way to start Arma via Arma3Sync NOT as admin? When I start Arma3Sync, it automaticly requests admin rights, which is perfectly fine. But I do not want to run Arma in admin, since it causes issue with other software I need to run for piloting.

I'm using TrackIR and Joy2Key and they do not work as intended when Arma3Sync is launching Arma 3 with highest priviledges.

A shortcut is sadly not the solution, since I'm currently running two different modpacks (modpack update scheduled), with one of them on another drive. When I create a shortcut, I reach the max character lenght of the shortcut target line way to soon and it skips loading most of my modpack.

Thanks.

Best regards

Gruman

I have a small issue I would appreciate you could give me some pointers.

Is there a way to start Arma via Arma3Sync NOT as admin? When I start Arma3Sync, it automaticly requests admin rights, which is perfectly fine. But I do not want to run Arma in admin, since it causes issue with other software I need to run for piloting.

I'm using TrackIR and Joy2Key and they do not work as intended when Arma3Sync is launching Arma 3 with highest priviledges.

A shortcut is sadly not the solution, since I'm currently running two different modpacks (modpack update scheduled), with one of them on another drive. When I create a shortcut, I reach the max character lenght of the shortcut target line way to soon and it skips loading most of my modpack.

Thanks.

Best regards

Gruman

Edit ArmA3Sync.bat file, remove the line: RUNAS /user:Administrator

Then launch ArmA3Sync using the bat file.

Be sure to have write permission on the ArmA3Sync installation directory. If the directory is in Program files, move it to another location.

Maybe I'm simply doing a few things wrong here. After A3S wouldn't do any changes anymore, I uploaded to a local FTP. Then I transfer from that folder via Filezilla in binary mode to the internet FTP. 

Then I try to connect directly to the real FTP und suddenly he stays at "Deleting extra remote files..." for nearly an hour even though there is nothing to delete.

And even after doing both... (successfully as both program say), I still miss files on the destination internet-FTP. 

I doublechecked the source Repo and stuff and everything looks perfectly fine. It's just that when you click sync, he doesn't show these files on the client.

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and you can see what happening.

Pretty sure your are mistaking with the /.a3s/sync file

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and you can see what happening.

Pretty sure your are mistaking with the /.a3s/sync file

I guess I found the reason:

deleteerror.png

Source a3s

Destination a3s

edit:

I reinstalled ALIVE and found a funny bug: When he tries to recreate the @ALIVE he starts creating .a3s/.a3s/.a3s in a loop... 

Also I found this:

(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)>  type=file;size=574;modify=20161126145155; /@ace/addons/ace_viewdistance.pbo.ace_3.8.2.13-1c8955d9.bisign
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> 250 End
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> CWD 
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> 250 Broken client detected, missing argument to CWD. "/@ace/addons" is current directory.
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> CWD @ALiVE
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> 250 CWD successful. "/@ace/addons/@ALiVE" is current directory.
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> CWD addons
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> 250 CWD successful. "/@ace/addons/@ALiVE/addons" is current directory.
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> CWD /@ALiVE/addons
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> 550 CWD failed. "/@ALiVE/addons": directory not found.
(000465)28.11.2016 12:14:33 - 337277-tmp2 (127.0.0.1)> disconnected.

There is no @ALiVE in @ACE/Addons in the source Repo. Will reinstall A3S and Java, just in case.

FYI: I'm rebuilding the complete setup on a different server now as a countercheck. Same procedure:

source Repo on new server

middle Repo with Filezilla FTP Server on new server

public Repo at the hoster

Just tested your FTP on the /test folder, everything seems working fine for me.

Be sure the url of Upload options is properly set.

Working fine here.

Presumably your anti virus is doing crap with ArmA3Sync.

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly disabling it didn't work. Reinstalling still doesn't solve anything... i have no clue what the problem is. 

I've tried searching these forums and Google for my questions/answer, but I'm unable to find anything about it.

I sync 5 different group/clans repositories and most of them use TFAR.  In ArmA3Sync, when I am in the AddOns Tab/AddOns Group - TFAR says, "****(duplicate available).  I'm thinking this has something to do with the multiple sync repositories and that most of them use/sync TFAR.

Two questions:

1. Does this hurt or possibly could hurt loading the modest, etc?

2. How would I fix this?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

** Note - I've looked at some of the other AddOn Groups and othe mods show ****(duplicate available).