major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I'm not sure if this issue has been covered in the thread before but, sometimes - seemingly for no reason, most of the time after having turned on my PC after having it shut off, and sometimes when only shutting down Arma3sync: any newer additions I've made to my addon groups in the right hand side of the addons view are removed, and I have to re-add them one by one.

It's a minor issue that only happens occasionally - but it happens often enough to be an annoyance, having to most of the time constantly re-add any newer mods I recently got and sift through the addon groups to make sure it's all in order is time consuming when you have 20+ addons

Is this a known issue or something I've gotten unlucky to be the only reciever of?

If you shutdown your PC while ArmA3Sync is running then all modifications to the current profile are not saved.

You must close ArmA3Sync properly.

Hi =)

First of all. Thanks for efforts on this program. You do a very good job!

Since yesterday, i unfortunately have Problems getting A3Sync to run at all.

My guess would be the new Java-Update 101. After that, I couldn't launch A3sync anymore. Is this issue known or does anyone else experienced it?

I'm running on Win10 64 Bit. Steps i've done by now:

-restarted computer

-deinstalled A3Sync

-downloaded and installed A3Sync

-restarted computer

-fail to run A3Sync :(

-reinstalled Java

-restarted computer

-fail to run A3Sync :(

This is the error message:

the registry refers to a nonexistent java runtime environment installation or the runtime is corrupted

Thank you in advance

Ben.

1. Uninstall all version of Java JRE you may have.

2. Clean registry  using tool like CCleaner (free)

3. Re-install the last version of Java JRE.

• Like 1

Hi major_shepard,

this definitely helped me a lot. It turned out to be an error on the Java RE installation itself. Somehow it managed to corrupt the installation and corrupted the registry entry. I ran CCleaner as you recommended and i'm finally able to enjoy your tool again. Error's on my end.

Thanks for your fast response and help! =)

Ben.

Im having a problem with my repo, we setup a folder on our server with out mods and it has the .a3s folder with all files in it. The build of the repo seems fine untill your try to check files on it. It gives an error saying files appear corrupt. Ive reinstalled arma 3 sync times over and rebuilt the repo many times over any ideas?

directory is unitname/.a3s/ and the error gives /.a3s/sync files appear to be corrupt.

Any help would be amazing.

Im having a problem with my repo, we setup a folder on our server with out mods and it has the .a3s folder with all files in it. The build of the repo seems fine untill your try to check files on it. It gives an error saying files appear corrupt. Ive reinstalled arma 3 sync times over and rebuilt the repo many times over any ideas?

directory is unitname/.a3s/ and the error gives /.a3s/sync files appear to be corrupt.

Any help would be amazing.

Do you have a dedicated server where you run ArmA3Sync or do you build the repository on your PC and then upload the repository to the FTP/HTTP server?

PLEASE HELP, every time I try to download my Unit's training mods through arma3sync repositories, I can't down load certain mods in it, i've tried doing one mod one by one, but it always comes up with the error log with the each mod.

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_tracers.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_noactionmenu.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_sma3_iansky.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_pdw.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_m4.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_de.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_acc.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_r3f.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign

It say's this for all the mods in the repository that I can't download. I need help, because there is no other way to get the mods together.

Please help...

I recently joined a Unit for tanoa life and other operations. For training we use a selection of mods set up on our server, we have an arma3sync repository for these mods to make it simple for new recruits to access the mods. Well for me it's been far from that, I can't get the repository to work for me, I have installed a majority of the mods for it such as TFR and well loads of other mods. But for some reason there is a group of mods that just will not download, and I can't seem to figure out why, neither can my General.

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_tracers.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_noactionmenu.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_sma3_iansky.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_pdw.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_m4.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_de.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_rh_acc.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@ace/optionals/ace_compat_r3f.pbo.ace_3.6.0.0-a47168e3.bisign

That's just for that one file, there are multiple files I cannot download.

If you shutdown your PC while ArmA3Sync is running then all modifications to the current profile are not saved.

You must close ArmA3Sync properly.

This seems to happen regardless even if I close it normally, very rarely

This seems to happen regardless even if I close it normally, very rarely

This happens because it fails to write on disk into the profiles folder from ArmA3Sync installation directory.

Hi, I am currently using this to download files for an arma 3 takistan life server. My only problem is that I have good internet but I have an extremely low download speed when using A3 Sync. When I pause my download and open settings up, I can only select 1 connection under maximum number of connections. Please help, I don't want to wait 20 hours for 16gb.

Good day,

Quick question: Whats the propper way to handle duplicates of Addons with A3Sync? Addons like CBA, ACE, TFAR are in many Repos.

If I now have multiple of them (for whatever reason, maybe different versions) how can I set which modfolder gets picked?

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems like different Profiles works great for it. Just having different search directories under "Addon Options" seems to be the best solution.

Any input would stilll be great :)

Hi, I am currently using this to download files for an arma 3 takistan life server. My only problem is that I have good internet but I have an extremely low download speed when using A3 Sync. When I pause my download and open settings up, I can only select 1 connection under maximum number of connections. Please help, I don't want to wait 20 hours for 16gb.

Presumably the remote server you download from sucks. The number of connections is sets by the repository admin.

Good day,

Quick question: Whats the propper way to handle duplicates of Addons with A3Sync? Addons like CBA, ACE, TFAR are in many Repos.

If I now have multiple of them (for whatever reason, maybe different versions) how can I set which modfolder gets picked?

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems like different Profiles works great for it. Just having different search directories under "Addon Options" seems to be the best solution.

Any input would stilll be great :)

Create one profile for each repository with dedicated directory to store the addons. There is no unique identifier that comes with addon except their name.

Works so far perfect.

Thank you :)

Hey guys I have had a issue with my sync for about 6 months and I have not found ANY solution's whats happening here is my internet speed is slow yea I get that, but the green bar on the bottom doesn't move once it finishes its file download. It doesn't start on the next file. Ive set my maximum connections to 3, re downloaded the application... I think I have tried about everything I can think of. None of my friends can fix it either. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

https://gyazo.com/51108a7cafbf40c2768bf338eab4d655 

Hey guys I have had a issue with my sync for about 6 months and I have not found ANY solution's whats happening here is my internet speed is slow yea I get that, but the green bar on the bottom doesn't move once it finishes its file download. It doesn't start on the next file. Ive set my maximum connections to 3, re downloaded the application... I think I have tried about everything I can think of. None of my friends can fix it either. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

https://gyazo.com/51108a7cafbf40c2768bf338eab4d655 

The issue is server side. The green bar stuck at 100% because ArmA3Sync is waiting for the server to send the next file.

Is it a FTP or a HTTP server?

Small suggestion; show "duplicates available" warning only if multiple mods with the same name are actually selected (checked).

I usually have one profile per community/server/modrepo and multiple mod folders (folders in the "Available Addons" pane) in each profile, for development purposes. The duplicate warning then seems a bit pointless as there are no duplication issues happening as long as I don't select the same mod in multiple folders in the right pane ("Addon Groups") at the same time.

The fact that the same mod name is in one of the 10 folders to the left has absolutely no relation to what I start the game with.

Does anybody else have this usecase?

Thanks.

Small suggestion; show "duplicates available" warning only if multiple mods with the same name are actually selected (checked).

I usually have one profile per community/server/modrepo and multiple mod folders (folders in the "Available Addons" pane) in each profile, for development purposes. The duplicate warning then seems a bit pointless as there are no duplication issues happening as long as I don't select the same mod in multiple folders in the right pane ("Addon Groups") at the same time.

The fact that the same mod name is in one of the 10 folders to the left has absolutely no relation to what I start the game with.

Does anybody else have this usecase?

Thanks.

The warning has nothing to do with the fact that you try to launch simultaneously 2 mods with the same name.

It means that the mod on right side could physically refer to multiple addon with the same name on the left side.

Let say you have 2 mods with name @A into the available addons tree: These 2 mods will appear into this list as @A and @A*.

If you drop mod @A on right side and select it, it will start mod @A. If you do the same thing with @A*, then @A* will be launch.

So whether you stay very aware of * mark, or rename the mod with a unique name like @A_whatever

The warning has nothing to do with the fact that you try to launch simultaneously 2 mods with the same name.

It means that the mod on right side could physically refer to multiple addon with the same name on the left side.

I am aware of that, just pointing out that it doesn't make much sense (to me anyway) as keeping multiple folders with different versions of the same mod sets (automatic checkout of multiple branches from git into multiple folders) has absolutely nothing to do with what the game starts up.

I understand that having some way of linking the left and right sides would be nice (using colors?), but labeling mods as "duplicate available" is misleading in this case. What is harmful to the game (and happened to me a few times) is selecting the same mod name in multiple folders in the right pane. That would be an awesome thing to detect as a duplicate instead (well, you might want to have the same mod name loaded multiple times, but it's far less likely to happen).

Maybe an image will illustrate this better: http://i.imgur.com/qMvpVZi.png

(And again, I already use different profiles, eh.)

Thanks for reading.

In your case as you are dropping addon folders from left side to right side, there is no ambiguity.

The big deal comes when people select the Modset button to auto generate a group from a repository.

Here is an example:

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_duplicate_from_modset.png

Hi has anyone ever had an issue where they have lost their profile?  I put my PC to sleep I had already shut A3S down when I turned it back on the PC didn't wake up properly so restarted and I have now lost my profile.  Just seems an odd one to me.

Thanks