major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

if the repository url needs login and password, autoconfig wont work (anonymous access is required). Simply add credentials manually.

I added the FTP with anonymous (no pw). I tested it when i turn off the firewall on my dedi machine and i could connect to it. When i turn the firewall back on i cant connect. 

https://gyazo.com/2594f5fb7880e5f0e8cf37b9cad87672

Been using the default Arma 3 Launcher for a few days now. Grrrrrrr damn it takes so much longer to do things compared to Armasync. Alas i am stuck with it until Armasync is able to recognize Steamworkshop mod ids and display them as the mod names.

Is there a way to force a certain mod line on clients? Our mods required a very specific mod launch order in order to work properly. 

Is there a way to force a certain mod line on clients? Our mods required a very specific mod launch order in order to work properly.

Each client have to set manually the Addon Priorities from Addon options panel in ArmA3Sync.

• Like 1

Each client have to set manually the Addon Priorities from Addon options panel in ArmA3Sync.

Alright, thanks. This means I'll have to instruct our members to use the parameters option in the base Arma 3 launcher to make things less complicated then.

Also, another thing for anyone to answer: 

When a user imports the settings using the auto-config URL, everything fills out properly except for one thing - the "Host or url" option under "Connection" sets to "ftp://localhost", but I need it to be set as the hostname for the server to download from, otherwise it obviously will not work. 

Edit: Fixed it.

Hello, friends. I have bit of a problem here.

My GU runs a Arma3Sync server, but, apparently, couple of days ago my provider decided to block it.

If I enable proxy in my browser (FriGate), I'm able to connect to http frontpage of that website.

So, is there a way I could use Arma3Sync with proxy or maybe there's another solution to that?

Try this:

Find ArmA3Sync.bat file from ArmA3Sync installation directorty.

Open it using notepad/text editor

Change the line java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true ....

To java -Dhttp.proxyHost=MyProxyIP -Dhttp.proxyPort=MyProxyPort -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true .... with the proper MyProxyIP and MyProxyPort values.

I've been getting a wierd issue sporadically since the last update;

1. I start A3S, as usual.

2. One or several repos has an update notification. It doesn't seem to matter if I click update right away or close the notification and manually go update the repo or repos, but I update the repo nevertheless.

3. After the update or updates are done and the addond groups are synched, I select the addon group I want and I select the server I want to join.

4. Run parameters are set to join a completely different server than the one I selected in the "Join server"-dropdown and it doesn't matter what I select. Sometimes it also selects a completely different addon group than what's showing on screen under the "Addons" tab, but looking at the Run Parameters it's absolutely not the ones I just selected.

Restarting A3S resolves the issues and A3S now shows me what was invisibly selected prior to the restart, wrong server and wrong addons group. Now I can change to what I really wanted and all is good. Start game, Go!

The server and addon group that always gets selected when this issue occurs is a repo that has the "Join with modset" option set. Out of the ~15 repos and ~30 server I have added to A3S I only have one with this option set. This is the repo that somehow semi-invisibly takes precedence over all selected options when there is a repo update (no matter what repo I update) and I try to join something right afterwards. The strange this is that this doesn't happen every time.

Win 8.1 Pro x64

A3S 1.5 Update 6 Build 1.5.80 (2013-2016)

Java (x64) 1.8.0_91

Are there any logs I can provide?

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

Stop when point 2 happens and export the console content as a file.

Expect null pointer exception in the UI thread.

Okidoki, I'll run it later tonight. Thanks!

Edit; Ok, tested even more. This time with debug

I just had the error happen and no errors are being outputted in the console window when running the debug.exe. I've narrowed it down to that it only happens when I update our own groups' repo (called JTF16 Addon Pack in the logs and pictures below)

When running the debug.exe I see a small change in the appearance in the error and that is that it actually shows the mods being deselected and it selects a totally new addon group, by itself ... as soon as I check and update files from our repo. This does not happen with the non-debug version, there the issue is "silent"/invisible until restart of A3S,

The server select dialog still behaves the same tho, but yet again I've narrowed it down a bit. Selecting a different server DOES change the connect-string unlike I previously reported. The only time the connect string doesn't do its job is when I update our JTF16 Addon Pack repo and try to select one of the servers that is automatically added to the Online tab with our repo. If i select a third (fourth? :P) party server all is fine. If I restart the program all servers are fine again.

So, in images.

1. Starting A3S. No update notifications this time, but I've deleted some local files so I can properly update our groups' main repo. This is the selections that I had the last time I started A3S and are just as I want them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/jtf16/a3_errors/1_prior_to_update.png

2a. Running the update generates no errors, but now a different addon group is selected.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/jtf16/a3_errors/2_after_update.png

log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/jtf16/a3_errors/debug_log.txt

2b. Server connect string is changed to the newly automatically selected repos corresponding server. Compare IP's in the following pictures. Changing servers in the bottom drop down list changes port, not server address. Nothing more is logged in the debug window.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/jtf16/a3_errors/2b_wrong_server.png

To get something more in the debug window to show I either need to try to update another repo or launch the game. No matter what I click or tick on the four first tabs, nothing is logged in the debug window.

It's almost as if something in our repo jumbles up the server list drop down id's or something?

ok so this is not a runtime error but a wrong variable initialization somewhere.

Are there any Event type modsets within the Addon groups related to the repository "JTF 16 Addon Pack"?

No events or event modsets in the JTF16 Addon Pack.

Not really sure what happened now, but ran the regular non-debug client once again, and now I got some weird error saying that it couldn't update any repos or reach any sources. When I tried to exit A3S it said it couldn't save my settings and when I restarted A3S once again and now it welcomed me like running it for the first time. All my repos are still in there but all launch settings, manually created addons groups, servers except for the ones added through the repos etc. are gone.

So, perhaps something was fucky with my settings files and I'm now at a clean fresh start. After recalculating all hashes and starting fresh I haven't had any issues. So all is good!

Thanks for the help troubleshooting and sorry for wasting your time :)

hey, we have some problems with http download, it is not really constant compared to ftp. Is there any way to fix that?

hey, we have some problems with http download, it is not really constant compared to ftp. Is there any way to fix that?

Server/provider issue.

Yes it is. However you can create ArmA3Sync profiles (see profiles menu) with specific exe associated and switch from one profile to another.

This doesn't appear to be working any more.  Running ArmA3Sync as administrator and have write permissions to the profiles directory.  I've reinstalled from Armaholic using v1.5u6 Build 1.5.80.  I've freshly installed onto the E drive so that it's no longer under Program Files to avoid write permission errors with that folder.

I've tried by duplicating a profile and starting from scratch and it just doesn't keep the executable location per profile.  Any ideas?  A3S-DEBUG shows no errors.

This doesn't appear to be working any more.  Running ArmA3Sync as administrator and have write permissions to the profiles directory.  I've reinstalled from Armaholic using v1.5u6 Build 1.5.80.  I've freshly installed onto the E drive so that it's no longer under Program Files to avoid write permission errors with that folder.

I've tried by duplicating a profile and starting from scratch and it just doesn't keep the executable location per profile.  Any ideas?  A3S-DEBUG shows no errors.

Yeah switching profiles seems to be broken since last update. Got it fixed.

• Like 1

Yeah switching profiles seems to be broken since last update. Got it fixed.

Awesome. Was just trying to setup Dev Branch and Main Branch via profiles and was confused. Thanks :)

Paste the repository url on a web browser and try to browse the repo and download files.

As I remember "Launcher Options" earlier was bounded with profile.

Currently is not.

Is it a feature or a bug?

As I remember "Launcher Options" earlier was bounded with profile.

Currently is not.

Is it a feature or a bug?

I installed windows and arma3sinc again . I still have the problem

21861d1dc46eb83decc03e26be72abb6.png

Paste the repository url on a web browser and try to browse the repo and download files.

It´s  OK