major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

What about this ?

Administrate a repository using command line
1. On the terminal, run the script ArmA3Sync-console.bat (Windows) or ArmA3Sync-console.sh (Linux).
2. Then enter one f the command line http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_console.png

1. Run ArmA3Sync-console.bat/.sh

2. Select build

3. Configure the build options as they display.

4. Once the build finished use  Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "RepositoryName" in a custom script to perform automatic update of the repository with the previous options.

Suggestion: make "Max connecitons" default to max connections for the repo? We just found out it was an option, thought it was automatically set to max

im having some problems while checking for addons.

Its taking up to 5-10 min and some times return in an error

c3a38460d2617badb9b430b6bac18d2b.png

What is the error message exactly?

Is your hard drive ok? Check for Addons speed process largely depends on the hard drive speed.

Hello,

We have a repository hosted on linux server, we try to make events by using admin FTP acces (writing and reading) but it always return this when using "upload events imformation": Failed to upload events information, please check....

I have already check for admin acces (I can write and read on FTP with Filezilla).

Any idea?

Thanks for the quick reply,

The /.a3s folder is present and upload options seems to be correct (FTP acces with writing and reading permission).

Still ocure the same problem.

I'm setting up arma3sync for the first time. Setting up a connection to AhoyWorld, I setup my Arma 3 destination and the program detected all my mods, no problem. I've been using Arma 3 launcher like a scrub for a few months so I do have a lot of mods downloaded already.While progressing to the AhoyWorld repository I noticed that repository highlights most of the mods red as if it hasn't detected them (oldly enough its detected CBA and ACRE 2 only out of a long list of mods I have installed). Other big files like CUP terrains_core and _maps are things I already have yet it's red. My addons list is up-to-date. Not sure I want to redownload some 8 gbs worth of mods again. I don't think that's fun. Any suggestions?

---------------

(edit)

thinking after posting, I guess if I simply change the folder names to match the mods names as seen in the repository, it should detect them then right? Obviously I'll only rename them if they are the same mod

thinking after posting, I guess if I simply change the folder names to match the mods names as seen in the repository, it should detect them then right? Obviously I'll only rename them if they are the same mod

Exactly, the name of the @ folder must be the same

If you want to manage different version of the same mod, rather you set a specific @name other choose a different destination folder.

• Like 1

Exactly, the name of the @ folder must be the same

If you want to manage different version of the same mod, rather you set a specific @name other choose a different destination folder.

Cheers, thanks for confirming !

So i just got a repository for a milsim group (http://stafclan.com/cms/index.php/joinus/?s=fa8b1d2213ab22bbbdc197a768096be5236f923b) and i was trying to download the addons when i got this error: 

Repository name: STAF - Security Tactics and Assault Force Repository
Download finished on: 04-Mar-2016 19:57:29

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- Failed to retrieve file /STAFRepo/Recommended/@BC-Tracers/Optional for RHS Escalation/BCTracers_Edited_rhs.pbo.FoxFort.bisign
Could not parse response code.
Server Reply: 50 Opening data channel for file download from server of "/STAFRepo/Recommended/@BC-Tracers/Optional for RHS Escalation/BCTracers_Edited_rhs.pbo.FoxFort.bisign"
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/STAF_Logo.paa
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Keys/FIR.bikey
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/js_s_fa18x.pbo
- Failed to retrieve file /STAFRepo/Recommended/@BC-Tracers/Optional for NATO Russian SF Weapons/BCTracers_Edited_Massi.pbo.FoxFort.bisign
Could not parse response code.
Server Reply: 50 Opening data channel for file download from server of "/STAFRepo/Recommended/@BC-Tracers/Optional for NATO Russian SF Weapons/BCTracers_Edited_Massi.pbo.FoxFort.bisign"
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/js_jc_fa18.pbo.john_spartan.bisign
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/js_jc_fa18_squads.pbo
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/js_jc_fa18.pbo
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/fir_f14_cfg.pbo
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/fir_f14.pbo
- File not found on repository: /STAFRepo/Extra/@STAF_Plane/Addons/fir_airweaponsystem_us_cfg.pbo.FIR.bisign

The only way i seem to be able to update things is by going into each mod itself and installing parts of the mod seperately instead of just downloading them all at once. This will take 4 hours due to the amount of mods there is.
I have tried along with the another member and we havnt yet found anything to fix it. Btw im not using the default arma mod folder.

Try successively this:

1. Disable antivirus/firewall

2. Set number of connections to 1

3. Set connection time out and read time out to 0 from From repository edit panel -> Advanced

And I can confirm that the Repo is working fine. I just tested it again myself and tried redownloading it.

But we will try it nonetheless! ^^ Thanks for your help. We will report back when done!

ArmA3Sync 1.5 Update 6 now available

Download

Check for Updates or use the Windows Installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-5-80.exe

Changelog

- Added: Addon Priorities: user can now move an addon to the top of the list in one click.

- Added: Addon Priorities: user can now reset the list to default alphabetic order.

- Added: Repositories management: new "Administrate Repository" button from Repositories panel. ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_administrate_repository.png

- Changed: Files synchronization: "Advanced configuration" button changed to "Settings" button. User can now change read and connection timeouts within the download settings. ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_settings.png

- Fixed: Profiles are no more erased from the disk if a I/O exception occurs on saving (thanks to Protozorq contribution).

- Fixed: Repositories are no more erased from the disk if a I/O exception occurs on saving.

- Fixed: Build repository: wrong error message about free disk space requirement with compression of pbo files.

- Fixed: HTTP based repository: error message "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in authority at index 7" is returned on Check for Addons if the repository URL contains blank spaces.

- Fixed: HTTP based repository: error message "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" is returned on Check for Addons if zsync file content is empty or corrupted server side.

• Like 2

Hey Shepard, appreciate the update as always!

Small "bug" found tho. If a client already has a mod downloaded on his or her computer, lets say @CUP_Weapons and the repo-admin added the folder as @cup_weapons the mod doesn't get loaded and/or added visibly under "Launcher Options". It doesn't matter if you tick or untick it under your mod-set, or re-add the entire modset in "Addons", it will never show in "Launcher Options" and subsequently won't get loaded.

Client OS: Tested on Win7 (x64), Win8.1 (x64) and Win10 (x64)

Java version: 1.8.0_77 (x64)

A3S Version: Version 1.5 Update 6, Build 1.5.78 (2013-2016)

Hey Shepard, appreciate the update as always!

Small "bug" found tho. If a client already has a mod downloaded on his or her computer, lets say @CUP_Weapons and the repo-admin added the folder as @cup_weapons the mod doesn't get loaded and/or added visibly under "Launcher Options". It doesn't matter if you tick or untick it under your mod-set, or re-add the entire modset in "Addons", it will never show in "Launcher Options" and subsequently won't get loaded.

Client OS: Tested on Win7 (x64), Win8.1 (x64) and Win10 (x64)

Java version: 1.8.0_77 (x64)

A3S Version: Version 1.5 Update 6, Build 1.5.78 (2013-2016)

Could you try by replacing ArmA3Sync.jar file with this one: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

• Like 1

10/10. Works perfectly.

Functionality request:

It would be good if A3S would remember path to the last added addon directory or even would allow to add more than one addon directory at once on Addon Options tab.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but when I upload the repository after building it to my webserver, it does not transfer the events.file inside the .a3s folder. This gives an error for anyone who tries to connect to the repo bc a3sync is trying to find the events.file.

Once I upload the file manually, it works properly.