major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I made a short video tutorial for my community:

I'm posting it here in case anyone else finds it useful.

thanks mate.

Hello! I require some assistance with the ArmA3Sync application, as I have been having a lot of trouble lately. Recently I installed A3Sync, and it was my first time using it, as it still is. I got everything working correctly and I completed all the steps on the community page correctly, but there is only a couple of problems I have been having.... The application is limiting my download speed to max 560kb/s, even though under advanced configuration it is set to 0.0 (unlimited, as shown). Also, another problem is that for some reason I cannot chose any maximum connections other than 1. This is very strange and aggravating, because my computer usually will download at 20mb/s+, and I have a good internet connection, but for some reason, only on this specific application, I don't download as fast as I would like to. I tried to set the application's priority to the max setting (Realtime) but that made no difference either. Please help! Thank you in advance.

hi guys i keep on getting error messages when i update from a repository. the only workaround i can find is to pause when it stops and then resume d/l again before it stops and sends me the downloaded error repor. Doing this way means that I have to watch it during the whole d/l which sort of defeats the point of it ...

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.5.73
30/01/2016 2:00:51 PM

--- Download report ---
Repository name: ATC Repo
Download finished on: 30/01/2016 1:51:31 PM

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- Failed to retrieve file /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_utes.pbo.zip
Read time out reached.
Checkout Advanced options from repository edit panel.
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_takistan_c.pbo.cup_terrains1.0.bisign
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_takistan_c.pbo.zip
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_takistan.pbo.cup_terrains1.0.bisign
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_takistan.pbo.zip
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_shapur_baf_c.pbo.cup_terrains1.0.bisign
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_shapur_baf_c.pbo.zip
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_shapur_baf.pbo.cup_terrains1.0.bisign
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_shapur_baf.pbo.zip
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_saralite_c.pbo.cup_terrains1.0.bisign
- File not found on repository: /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_saralite_c.pbo.zip

Strange thing is that I seem to be the only one who is getting these errors when updating from the repository? This has been going on for sometime and it not all the files just some of them. And advise would be greatly appreciated to figure this out. No doubt its user error but i just can't figure it out

Thanks for all your great efforts in making this and keeping it going.

Cheers

trixski 

The application is limiting my download speed to max 560kb/s, even though under advanced configuration it is set to 0.0 (unlimited, as shown). Also, another problem is that for some reason I cannot chose any maximum connections other than 1.

Sounds like the repo only allows 1 connection (server-side setting). And with only 1 connection, one gets a pretty low download speed depending on distance/latency to the server. Mb you can contact the repo admin and ask him to increase the number of possible connections?

hi guys i keep on getting error messages when i update from a repository. the only workaround i can find is to pause when it stops and then resume d/l again before it stops and sends me the downloaded error repor. Doing this way means that I have to watch it during the whole d/l which sort of defeats the point of it ...

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.5.73
30/01/2016 2:00:51 PM

--- Download report ---
Repository name: ATC Repo
Download finished on: 30/01/2016 1:51:31 PM

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- Failed to retrieve file /MAPS/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/Addons/cup_terrains_maps_utes.pbo.zip
Read time out reached.
Checkout Advanced options from repository edit panel.

trixski 

Edit repository -> Advanced options -> raise read timeout.

Edit repository -> Advanced options -> raise read timeout.

Major Shepard if we keep Timeout and Read time to be 0 will it work even. As in FTP it is 0 for unlimited. There are lots of people in my community facing the same issues.

A normal working FTP/HTTP server generally responds in couple of seconds maximum. You should change provider.

Most of the people are able to download but issue comes after downloading half of the mods that they stuck at position.  Need to use Pause and Play button again to activate it again. There is no major else problem with it. 

Hi guys just an update to last ....

I did as suggested, made the changes client side repositories/ edit repositories/ advanced/ -> changed the read timeout to 1200000 and kept the connection time to 600000. i then changed the name Repo/ advanced configuration/  changed the max number of connections to 4/ and max d/l speed to 100 mb/s --> end result is that im getting more connections 4, speed is a bit faster but im still getting the "hang up" on d/l on larger files .... and it always seems to be at the last part of the file. It may have d/l all of it but it will just "hang" on the last little bit. again I seem to be the only one who gets this problem from this repository so I can't see it being a provider issue ...

Thanks again for all your efforts

TRIXSKI

Hi guys just an update to last ....

it always seems to be at the last part of the file. It may have d/l all of it but it will just "hang" on the last little bit. again I seem to be the only one who gets this problem from this repository so I can't see it being a provider issue ...

When the download of a file just finished, the progress bar is at 100%. The progress bar is reset to 0% when the first byte is downloaded from the next file. So between the end of the first download and the start of the next download the progress bar will be at 100% as ArmA3Sync will wait for the server to transfer the next file. Setting high timeouts won't change anything as it depends on the latency of the connection to the files server which itself depends on the route between your PC and the server.

Hi guys, i m having a little trouble with Arma3sync.

i m trying to build a repository for my team, but i keep getting the message "Not enough free disk space on disk to add compressed pbo files into repository."

i m a bit lost as there is more than enough free disk space on that drive to complete the build (close to 1T)

i successfully builded the repository with those mods :

@CAF_AG1.5
@CBA_A3
@CPC_TRYK_patch_[v1.0]
@hlcmods
@MELB
@RH Pistol pack 1.11-A3
@RH_acc
@RH_m4
@SCARrelease
@task_force_radio
@TRYK

But if i add @RHSUSAF or @RHSAFRF, i get the error message about free disk space.

note that i successfully builded an other repository with @RHSUSAF and @RHSAFRF.

edit: i do not have that trouble under ubuntu-15.10

Had a similar issue. I tried to build the repository on drive D:, which had more than enough space. However the system partition C: was pretty low on free space. After making some space there, Arma3Sync suddenly was able to build the repo on D:. Not sure whether it's a bug or if Arma3Sync really needs that much free space on the system partition.

Moving Arma3Sync application to the repository drive fixed the issue on my windows 10.

but i had the same issue on my ubuntu later on, i think you should consider removing the existing zip file size from the necessary space computation.

i was forced to remove all .zip file to be able rebuild the repo after the addition of a 8G mod, while 30G were still free on the partition.

great software by the way..

I will investigate. Maybe the wrong drive is analysed, presumably the system one. To add the compressed pbo files you need at least as mush free space as the repository size.

• Like 1

ArmA3Sync 1.5 Update 6 Beta 2 now available FOR TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the file, put on ArmAholic and other sites

Download
ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-5-75.zip

Changelog

- Added: Addon Priorities: user can now move an addon to the top of the list in one click.

- Added: Addon Priorities: user can now reset the list to default alphabetic order.

- Fixed: Profiles are no more erased from the disk if a I/O exception occurs on saving (thanks to Protozorq contribution).

- Fixed: Build repository: wrong error message about free disk space requirement with compression of pbo files.

- Fixed: HTTP based repository: error message "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in authority at index 7" is returned on Check for Addons if the repository URL contains blank spaces.

- Fixed: HTTP based repository: error message "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" is returned on Check for Addons if zsync file content is empty or corrupted server side.

Hi major_shepard.  Can you give me access to your SVN repository. I want to try add russian translation. Thanks.

Hi major_shepard.  Can you give me access to your SVN repository. I want to try add russian translation. Thanks.

You are welcome mate.

Check your PM.

I have created a branch for this call /dev_translations. You will find /dev_translations/1-5-75 which is a copy of the last build (1.5 Update 6 beta 2) you can work on.

You can create sub branches within /dev_translations if needed.

All libraries to add to classpath can be found in sources from /resources/lib

Compilation MUST be JRE 1.7 compliance.

ArmA3Sync entry point is fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.java

If needed to build ArmA3Sync.jar, the manifest file is at root of the sources: MANIFEST_A3S.MF

Please add all static data regarding translations into /resources/locales (example /resources/locales/ru/*.files for Russian translation)

English must be use as default language.

Do not use/include within ArmA3Sync third party libraries with restricted usage like commercial stuff.

Please use english to write commentary inside the sources.

Please edit fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.PreferencesPanel.java to add a language selection combobox.

Thanks ;)

Hello, I've been trying to get this working on my Debian linux server but when I try and build the repo it errors. Can you please provide some guidance.

69fmneH.png

Which version of ArmA3Sync is it?

Which JRE?

Ensure you have /resources/lib/jtattoo.jar library inside ArmA3Sync installation directory.

Hello major_shepard.

Currently BI works on new launcher which will have a brand new multiplayer searcher.

Do you plan to add similar funcionality? I am just curious.

I tried this BI launcher and I have to admin this is very good tool.

Regards.

I guess you mean server browser?

Nope it's not planed from me. However if someone like to add this into ArmA3Sync he is welcome.

ArmA3Sync has been develop foremost to target players in a team managing their own server.

Server browser is useless for this guys.

Hi major,

in our clan we use A3sync directly in our Repo Server. In other words we use A3sync only in command line mode. Our Repo Admin manage the mods in the repo via FTP client and then they connect with putty and launch the Build command.

The only thing that they manage from the A3sync Client is the Events/Modset management and Upload.

For some reasons we need to exclude some files. I see that this is a feature we have if we use the windows client (Build Options) that let us to save all the config stuff in the Autoconfig.files.

There's a way to add excluded files to the autoconfig files via command line ? Directly on the server ?

Thanks a lot, as usual,

For some reasons we need to exclude some files. I see that this is a feature we have if we use the windows client (Build Options) that let us to save all the config stuff in the Autoconfig.files.

There's a way to add excluded files to the autoconfig files via command line ? Directly on the server ?

This feature already exists from build command when using ArmA3Sync-console.bat/.sh

This feature already exists from build command when using ArmA3Sync-console.bat/.sh

I don't understand. I checked the Wiki documentation but I don't see any parameter that let me setup file to be excluded.

Administrate a repository using custom script

Custom script can be use to perform automatized operations on the repository.

Create a .bat (Windows) or .sh (Linux) script at root of ArmA3Sync installation directory with one of the following command:

- Build repository: Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "RepositoryName"

- Check repository synchronization: Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -CHECK "RepositoryName"

- Synchronize a target folder content with a repository: Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "RepositoryName" "DestinationFolderPath" True/False (with/without exact content matching)

- Check for ArmA3Sync updates: Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -UPDATE

Also I had a look to the ArmA3Sync-console.bat but I don't find nothing

What did you mean exactly ?