major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

There is no issue with the user accessing the sync file from the browser, only from Arma3sync itself.

I can't see how firewall or anti virus would be corrupting the request that goes up to the server, it doesn't sound like that could possibly be the cause with everything else working. Would not all requests from the web browser also fail? Does not make any sense why either of these two could have an impact. Turning them off showed no change and that wasn't a surprise to me.

There is something on the user computer that is currently corrupting Arm3Sync requests both FTP (see the check for updates connection refused to my server) and the HTTP 400 error to your server.

If he successfully retreives the /.a3s/sync file using a web browser it means the "something" blocking is directed against Arm3Sync.exe or the Java virtual machine.

Hi,

My group has added this addon to our repo. For some reason A3 Sync keeps throwing errors about files its expecting that aren't there.

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.5.73
05-Jan-2016 04:49:34

Check repository finished with errors for repository name: Tactilol
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/Addons/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/Keys/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2

Things I've tried to resolve:

• Deleting and re-adding the addon, followed by a build/sync
  • Deleting, redownloading and re-adding the addon, followed by a build/sync
  • Deleting the .a3s folder, build/sync
  • Deleting the .a3s and all zsync files, build/sync

As far as I can tell, the files it's looking for have never been in the addon on the server, not sure what's going on here.

Repo URL if it helps: http://armagoons.com/repo/.a3s/autoconfig

Hi,

My group has added this addon to our repo. For some reason A3 Sync keeps throwing errors about files its expecting that aren't there.

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.5.73
05-Jan-2016 04:49:34

Check repository finished with errors for repository name: Tactilol
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/Addons/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/Keys/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2
 - File not found on repository: @F16C_Standalone/OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2

Things I've tried to resolve:

• Deleting and re-adding the addon, followed by a build/sync
  • Deleting, redownloading and re-adding the addon, followed by a build/sync
  • Deleting the .a3s folder, build/sync
  • Deleting the .a3s and all zsync files, build/sync

As far as I can tell, the files it's looking for have never been in the addon on the server, not sure what's going on here.

Repo URL if it helps: http://armagoons.com/repo/.a3s/autoconfig

The guy who made the addon has used OneNote to edit the files.

Thus there is a hidden file "OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2" into every folders.

What you have to do:

1. One a Windows machine open a CMD console.

2. Move into  the addon folder => cd c:\something\@F16C_Standalone

3. Execute del *.onetoc2 /s /ahs you should get the list of the .onetoc2 files deleted.

4. Push the new cleaned @F16C_Standalone to the server and rebuild the repository.

The filepacking is really helpful. But it also causes some strange transfer speed text ;) Yesterday i downloaded 200mb (cup terrain update) and it took about 3-4 min with 3 connections open. The text shows every speed between 120mb/s down to 11kb/s ;)

My max. possible speed with my connection is 12mb/s.

The filepacking is really helpful. But it also causes some strange transfer speed text ;) Yesterday i downloaded 200mb (cup terrain update) and it took about 3-4 min with 3 connections open. The text shows every speed between 120mb/s down to 11kb/s ;)

My max. possible speed with my connection is 12mb/s.

I'm aware but do not really consider the speed displayed to be accurate when it comes to differential file update (i.e ZSYNC) has it may constantly swap between reading piece of file from hard drive  and transfering piece of file from the server.

You turned out to be right. Those 400 errors were being caused by bitdefender even when it was off. Needed to be uninstalled.

Though I love this program I do have a frustrating problem with it, every now and again changes made to the addon groups won't save. I spent an hour the other day arranging the addons closed the program, came back later and changes hadn't saved. Is there a way to save changes?

Though I love this program I do have a frustrating problem with it, every now and again changes made to the addon groups won't save. I spent an hour the other day arranging the addons closed the program, came back later and changes hadn't saved. Is there a way to save changes?

You are missing write permissions on ArmA3Sync installation directory, especially the "profiles" folder.

You must also start ArmA3Sync with administrator privileges.

Currently when i run second instance of A3S (what i do accidentaly quiet often when it is minimized) pop up with message appears. Then i have to press OK, and press icon on taskbar.

Maybe better solution is just to bring currently open A3S window to the front without any messages?

Two clicks less == two times better :)

I have also feature request. However it may be quiet hard to do.

Maybe there is some way to add to each addon directory default remote address which will be checked (after some button press) if something new will appear?

I think about something like sixthSense light.

Currently when i run second instance of A3S (what i do accidentaly quiet often when it is minimized) pop up with message appears. Then i have to press OK, and press icon on taskbar.

Maybe better solution is just to bring currently open A3S window to the front without any messages?

Two clicks less == two times better :)

In native Windows applications (VS/C#, VS/C++) this can be easily achieved.

In cross platform Java programming, it needs explicit OS based implementation with sending/catching messages between processes trough sockets.With the risk that ArmA3Sync does not simply start at all.

I have also feature request. However it may be quiet hard to do.

Maybe there is some way to add to each addon directory default remote address which will be checked (after some button press) if something new will appear?

I think about something like sixthSense light.

I don't really see the point of it. There is also the need to be able to synchronize files to multiple destination directories (some addons files on one drive, some other to another drive for example). It's what the default destination folder combobox is useful for.

In native Windows applications (VS/C#, VS/C++) this can be easily achieved.

In cross platform Java programming, it needs explicit OS based implementation with sending/catching messages between processes trough sockets.With the risk that ArmA3Sync does not simply start at all.

Solution is easy and safe:

void restoreWindow()
{
      if(System.getProperty("os.name").startsWith("Windows"))
      {
        mainFrame.toFront();
        mainFrame.repaint();  
      }
}

By the way do anybody use A3S under Linux (even for server launching)?

I don't really see the point of it. There is also the need to be able to synchronize files to multiple destination directories (some addons files on one drive, some other to another drive for example). It's what the default destination folder combobox is useful for.

After consideration i think my earlier request maybe isn't pointless but because of lack of  homogenous repo structures with addons this isn't worth of effort. Forget about it.

Solution is easy and safe:

Won't work.

A new process will be running, but is not the one to put to front.

The new process have to send a message to the background process to put to front.

Then the new process exit. As far as I know only socket/shared memory like stuff can do this.

By the way do anybody use A3S under Linux (even for server launching)?

Plenty for repository management, see previous posts.

You are right. After i read your answer i realized my solution was for something else.

Anyway I will try to figure out bringing to front by separate processes. This is interesting problem and it will be usefull also for me.

Regards

You are right. After i read your answer i realized my solution was for something else.

Anyway I will try to figure out bringing to front by separate processes. This is interesting problem and it will be usefull also for me.

Regards

I successfully achieved the goal using JUnique library which is based on socket approach listening on port 0: http://www.sauronsoftware.it/projects/junique/manual.php

Recovering from taskbar and Tray seams working ok on my Win7. Will also try XP, Win10 and Ubuntu.

Will be added into next update.

I successfully achieved the goal using JUnique library which is based on socket approach listening on port 0: http://www.sauronsoftware.it/projects/junique/manual.php

Recovering from taskbar and Tray seams working ok on my Win7. Will also try XP, Win10 and Ubuntu.

Will be added into next update.

There are opinions using sockets isn't so good idea: it may cause security issues or not necessary firewall reactions.

I forgot i use Launch4j (http://launch4j.sourceforge.net) which deals with this problem.

Pros are Launch4j probably (i am not absolutely sure) uses direct access to mutex of the system using C++ libraries and JNI and (no sockets are locked). It wraps bin for Win, Lin, Mac (in PW i wrote it is only for Win, but it is not true).

Only disadvantage i see is need of additional soft (however after short preparation L4j is very convenient way of later creation of exes for Windows).

If you want to try how it works practically, run this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185330-arma-debug-window-adw/

Of course I will check this JUnique. Thank you for hint.

There are opinions using sockets isn't so good idea: it may cause security issues or not necessary firewall reactions.

I've send to you on PW other way uses Launch4j (http://launch4j.sourceforge.net).

Cons are this solution is only for windows and it need additional soft (however after short preparation it is very convenient way of creating exes for Windows).

If you want to try how it works practically, use this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185330-arma-debug-window-adw/

Of course I will check this JUnique. Thank you for hint.

That's why JUnique use specifically port 0 which is reserved port number for inter process communication on both Windows and Unix system.

We may expect less problem with antivirus with this port. But yes it needs some try.

I already use launch4j to generate ArmA3Sync.exe wrapper for ArmA3Sync.jar.

The single instance option of Launch4j does not recover from a secondary run process.

Edit: what you wrote in your pm works when selecting a process from Tasbar and Tray icon (which ArmA3Sync already support).

But not when you launch a second ArmA3Sync process when double clicking on ArmA3Sync.exe for example.

You can grap a beta version of ArmA3Sync.jar with JUnique from here ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

Just place the junique-1.0.4.jar file into arma3sync/resources/lib ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/junique-1.0.4.jar

Sequence to try:

1. Run ArmA3Sync.exe (1) by double clicking on the exe file

2. Reduce ArmA3Sync (1) to taskbar/tray (Menu -> Preferences).

3. Run ArmA3Sync.exe (2) by double clicking a second time on the exe file.

4. (2) exit (1) is put to front

I've tested A3S beta under Win7(64-bit), JSE 1.8_66 (64-bit).

Restoring from the system try and taskbar works fine.

ESET firewall detects only connection to FTP (21) which is proper (I have remote repo). No other port activity is detected.

What you wrote about L4j is strange. I have no problems with it. Every try of second instance of ADW i can imagine is detected and primary window is always bringing on. Only small problem i had was with repaint of window.

Hovewer your solution also works (also it is valuable for non wrapping coders) then problem is solved. I wait for official relase (in the meantime i will keep this version :) )

Regards

Hello. I was using Arma3Sync and uploading modpacks without problems until I tried again yesterday. I got these errors. Maybe someone knows what is wrong here? http://imgur.com/0y8P9zU

Thanks.

Hello. I was using Arma3Sync and uploading modpacks without problems until I tried again yesterday. I got these errors. Maybe someone knows what is wrong here? http://imgur.com/0y8P9zU

Thanks.

Seams server side issue, check server conf especially timeouts.

I made a short video tutorial for my community:

I'm posting it here in case anyone else finds it useful.

Hello everyone

I'm running into some problems with Arma3sync and i'm hoping one of you guys or the devs can help me out with this.

I recently joined an ARMA 3 clan and they use ArmA3sync for mods on their servers. I have been trying to get A3S to work for 2 days now with help from my group leader but still to no avail.

The problem is that for some reason A3S refuses to load up the mods the server uses, after countless attempts from both myself and my clan leader we figured out that for some weird reason A3S creates a mod path that does not even exist on my PC.

I have added some screenshots aswell.

The required mods are in my folder at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Mods: http://imgur.com/1EtCFyq

But for some reason whenever I copy my mods into the correct folders it creates a path that does not exist on my pc: http://imgur.com/xvrzE7G

The path mod=mods\base\@ALiVE; does not exist at all on my pc.

Me and my clan leader have been trying to fix this for 2 days now but have not found anyway to solve this at all.

I have tried reinstalling and redownloading the mod pack but to no avail.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Maybe I should add, that we also tried to create a new profile. When activating mods then the path is shown correctly.
Since Arma3Sync only saves settings when you close down the program (at least for me and my group) - we close down the program to save the settings. 

Reopening it and getting back on the newly created profile it is back to the wrong path!

Change the path to anything like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Mods

or any folder name that does not contains "Arma 3"

Fixed into next update.