major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

1- Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

2- From Repositories panel, add the new repository, select ok

3. When it tries to connect , select cancel, the new entry is added to the Repositories panel

4. Select the new entry, select connect to repository button

5. Watch ArmA3Sync-DEBUG console, error message could be:

- Host cannot be reached: wrong url or something outside arma3sync is blocking connection

- Wrong login or password

- Connection time out reached: select the repository, select edit button, select Advanced button, raise connection time out value (0=unlimited)

- connection failed: wrong port number or something outside arma3sync is blocking connection

So I did that - and I got the following returned. Not sure what it means.

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(Unknown Source)

Not sure but I kind have the feeling it maybe a JAVA issue?

The first few lines are lost - I can't recover them from the command line. Any suggestions?

Hello , can somebody help me with this problem ?

I get this when trying to add new repository

csY7xKJ.png

Yeh , downloading , but i can't find what's blocking Arma3Sync , disabling of anti-virus doesn't help

From the error message it should be that something (firewall) is blocking incoming data transfer from internet to ArmA3Sync.

Can anyone explain how to get the "Repository folders with excluded extra local when sync" option to work? I've got a userconfig folder that needs to contain asr and ctab. Meanwhile task_force_radio is being handled by the TFAR installer within Arma3Sync. What happens as things stand is the repo deletes task_force_radio, then the TFAR installer puts it back, the repo deletes it, TFAR puts it back, etc.

I gather I need to exclude this folder via the above option, so on the repository server (Linux) I tell it to exclude the folder /home/user/test/userconfig/task_force_radio, however it still wants to delete task_force_radio when checking the repo in Arma3Sync locally. I've tried using relative paths, but it always says they don't exist until I specify a directory that actually exists on the server.

If I tell it to "hide extra local content" on the clientside, it just resets itself to not-hidden as well.

If it is relevant we are not using the auto-config URL and are instead doing a manual connection.

Thanks

Can anyone explain how to get the "Repository folders with excluded extra local when sync" option to work? I've got a userconfig folder that needs to contain asr and ctab. Meanwhile task_force_radio is being handled by the TFAR installer within Arma3Sync. What happens as things stand is the repo deletes task_force_radio, then the TFAR installer puts it back, the repo deletes it, TFAR puts it back, etc.

I gather I need to exclude this folder via the above option, so on the repository server (Linux) I tell it to exclude the folder /home/user/test/userconfig/task_force_radio, however it still wants to delete task_force_radio when checking the repo in Arma3Sync locally. I've tried using relative paths, but it always says they don't exist until I specify a directory that actually exists on the server.

If I tell it to "hide extra local content" on the clientside, it just resets itself to not-hidden as well.

If it is relevant we are not using the auto-config URL and are instead doing a manual connection.

Thanks

In Repository folders with excluded extra local when sync you must set /home/user/test/userconfig not /home/user/test/userconfig/task_force_radio

see  http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_repository_build_options_excluded_files.png

In Repository folders with excluded extra local when sync you must set /home/user/test/userconfig not /home/user/test/userconfig/task_force_radio

see  http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_repository_build_options_excluded_files.png

Thanks for the quick response. It still wants to delete task_force_radio though.

I'm using the Linux command line version and entering it at "Add folder path to exclude extra local content when sync (leave blank to pass):" which seems to be the corresponding command line option. I enter the path /home/user/test/userconfig, it then repeats the question and I press enter again. It then proceeds to build. But it is still wanting to delete the folder client side and none of them are marked (hidden).

I dont get more then 1 connection. I set it in the repo options to 5. We download over http. Can i do anything wrong here? We use file compression.

What is your problem exactly (maximum details required)?

The game wasn't launching. It was in task manager but couldn't be used. I used the debug exe like you suggested last time. But with update 5, it's started working again, all features! Yey!

One question though.. sometimes, in fact almost always, A3S doesn't "save" my changes. For example, I add drag an addon from available addons pane to addon groups, and it works, but next time i start A3S, it's not there, I have to do it again. I *think* it's something to do with running the game and closing it?

The game wasn't launching. It was in task manager but couldn't be used. I used the debug exe like you suggested last time. But with update 5, it's started working again, all features! Yey!

One question though.. sometimes, in fact almost always, A3S doesn't "save" my changes. For example, I add drag an addon from available addons pane to addon groups, and it works, but next time i start A3S, it's not there, I have to do it again. I *think* it's something to do with running the game and closing it?

Typically you are missing write permissions on the "profiles" folder of the ArmA3Sync installation files.

Try running with ArmA3Sync-DEBUG and see what happens on the console when closing the GUI.

Is it windows 10?

Typically you are missing write permissions on the "profiles" folder of the ArmA3Sync installation files.

Try running with ArmA3Sync-DEBUG and see what happens on the console when closing the GUI.

Is it windows 10?

Ah yes. There we go. Had to change the props of the shortcut that was launching A3S so it now runs as admin. Now it remembers everything! Thank you. It's Windows 7, by the way.

Would it be possible to get the program to run in the background and update repositories automatically? If the source code was on GitHub I'd happily implement it.

Arm3Sync can be reduced to tray or you could perfectly write a script running backgroung as ArmA3Sync can be run from command lines (see the wiki especially the -SYNC commmand).

Install SVN client for Eclipse (like subclipse), checkcout the code. Once you are ok with your work create a SVN patch, give to me. Boom done.

I am getting a weird error

StackTrace:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.parseHeader(MetaFileReader.java:117)
at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.readMetaFile(MetaFileReader.java:190)
at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.<init>(MetaFileReader.java:96)
at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.Jazsync.getCompletion(Jazsync.java:114)
at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.HttpDAO.getFileCompletion(HttpDAO.java:385)
at fr.soe.a3s.service.HttpService.determineCompletion(HttpService.java:276)
at fr.soe.a3s.ui.repositoryEditor.workers.AddonsChecker.run(AddonsChecker.java:143)

I am getting a weird error

StackTrace:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.parseHeader(MetaFileReader.java:117)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.readMetaFile(MetaFileReader.java:190)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.MetaFileReader.<init>(MetaFileReader.java:96)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.jazsync.Jazsync.getCompletion(Jazsync.java:114)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.HttpDAO.getFileCompletion(HttpDAO.java:385)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.HttpService.determineCompletion(HttpService.java:276)

at fr.soe.a3s.ui.repositoryEditor.workers.AddonsChecker.run(AddonsChecker.java:143)

Looks like you have corrupted .zsync files on the repository. Try to rebuild the repository. If the error persist give me access to the repository.

I am running the web server as nginx, its a passworded repository and works for 10 people. But then an 11th came along today and he gets 400 errors returned by the server while syncing. The repository details are correct and its hitting the correct url to retrieve the .a3s/sync file but nginx is returning a 400 error as a response. We know they are using the exactly same version of Arma3sync (1.5.73) and the latest version of java (1.8.0_66) and as far as we can tell all else is equal.

Nginx is limited in what it can tell me but one thing I did determine is that the request size is different, everyone else has the same size of 224 bytes but the bad client is only 104 bytes. Now I assume the problem is that the request is being mangled somewhere. Running Arma3Sync in debug mode we see the error below and the line the error is coming from.

http://imgur.com/NkLNQpc

I am hoping a developer can tell at the very least tell us what is different on this guys computer compared to the rest of us or perhaps fix the bug.

Try to disable Firewall and Antivirus stuff.

Try also to past the repository url on web browser and download the /.a3s/sync file.

Try to disable Firewall and Antivirus stuff.

Try also to past the repository url on web browser and download the /.a3s/sync file.

There is no issue with the user accessing the sync file from the browser, only from Arma3sync itself.

I can't see how firewall or anti virus would be corrupting the request that goes up to the server, it doesn't sound like that could possibly be the cause with everything else working. Would not all requests from the web browser also fail? Does not make any sense why either of these two could have an impact. Turning them off showed no change and that wasn't a surprise to me.