major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hello major_shepard, sorry for the delay, just to say the new .jar fix our problem :).

I'm impatient to download the next update, thanks again ;).

ok nice.

Something else. I have the idea of including a lightweight HTTP server into ArmA3Sync (with support of partial file transfer).

This could be useful for:

- setting up a repo very easily for those afraid with stuff like Apache and IIS.

- working as mirror of a master repository server, maybe useful for teams who have guys worldwide.

What do you think?

major_shepard

In my opinion this is not so important. Usually home HTTP servers has much smaller upload abilities as external hosting providers. And as i understand this function could be a backup. Hovewer when 10 persons should take a data from home HTTP it may be time consuming process.

But i have another request.

Nowadays to run A3 with battleye i have to change profile. Maybe better (quicker) solution is to add to the bottom of tab "Launcher Options" configurable path to A3be.exe, and choose it from "Game Version" combo?

The same may be done with beta version.

Regards.

Not specially as home server, it could also be run on a dedicated server.

The idea is more to have an easy way to create mirror system of a main repository for those who may suffer from poor dowload speed due to a too far distance from the central repositry.

How to run ArmA3 in beta? So far as I know you have to switch from Steam to beta branch. Then it replaces arma3.exe to the beta version? So that you can't have both arma3.exe normal and beta into the ArmA3 directory?

The idea is more to have an easy way to create mirror system of a main repository for those who may suffer from poor dowload speed due to a too far distance from the central repositry.

Well, i don't see the point, hovewer if you consider it as usefull feel free to modify your own app :D

You can have both version and run them separately without switching in Steam:

To do this:

1) get steamCmd from the site and put exe to SEPARATE directory (in fact this is special version of steam).

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

2) after unpack run it:

steamcmd +login your_login_to_steam your_pass_to_steam  +force_install_dir "your_install_dir" +app_update 107410 -beta development update +exit

your_install_dir can be whatever you want

3) wait

Voila. You have main and dev version of A3.

Now you can make new profile in a3s and point dev exe as a executable. Hovewer it would be more confortable (but just for users of beta) to just switch the version without configuration of profiles.

ArmA3Sync 1.5 Update 5 now available

Download

Check for updates or use the Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-5-72.exe

Changelog

- Added: User can now set addon groups as modset to join with a favourite server.

- Fixed: Failed to download file with size superior to 2 GB.

- Fixed: FTP files download: an error occures since v1.5 Update 4 if the server does not support the MLST command. ArmA3Sync will now use in this case the less efficient LST command instead.

Since I moved to another server with same ftp program ( filezilla server ) I can only download 1 file even if max number of connections per client is set to 10 in the repository. I've tried with a client to download 10 files contemporary and works, seems only arma3sync won't download more than one contemporary, any idea how I can fix this manually? Ive tried edit config but seems is crypted

Since I moved to another server with same ftp program ( filezilla server ) I can only download 1 file even if max number of connections per client is set to 10 in the repository. I've tried with a client to download 10 files contemporary and works, seems only arma3sync won't download more than one contemporary, any idea how I can fix this manually? Ive tried edit config but seems is crypted

Have you set max number of connections to 10 from Advanced configuration button client side?

Try my repo ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/repository/.a3s/autoconfig

What about the Advanced configuration settings ?

Ive noticed later that there's also the clientside option now but why default is 1 clientside? Now I should tell everyone where to go and what to do to re-enable the 10 connection max, there isnt an option that force client download 10 ?

Again, people who already max out their bandwidth with 1 single connection will get from no gain to lower performances with more connections.

Hey,

thanks for the quick integration of the Addon Groups on the Online tab. Very handy...

I have yet another feature request. Since for some mods the addon priority is very important in order to have them work (e.g. IFA3) I think your "Addon Priority" field needs an update. Right now if you have like 50 mods in your list (
total, not all loaded at one time xD) its very tedious that you have to constantly click on the arrow on the right to get a mod to the top. When you have to do that with 6 mods that's really annoying.

I have several ideas:

• An button that puts a mod on top of the list
  • The ability to move more mod at once
  • The ability to drag mods
  • The ability to hold down an arrow key to move it

Or all together.
Hope thats somehow possible.

Many Greetings
Moony

Since we are talking about "Addon Priorities": I wonder if it would make sense to include them in the repository itself. Seems to me like quite a bunch of mods can cause problems if the loadorder isn't right. Wouldn't it be handy, if the clients got not only the mods but also the (hopefully) right loadorder from the repository?

Anyway thanks for this great tool. It makes playing in a community with many mods so much easier, especially for newcomers :)

I need assistance on this, im getting an error saying : "Failed to retreive file /.a3s/sync"    "File not found in repository: http://a3cdn.com:80/arma3sync/.a3s/sync".I cant do anything. It comes up when i press check for addons. Anyone has had any similar problem that might be able to help? Right now the website is down, so can that be a factor in this issue?

Hey,

thanks for the quick integration of the Addon Groups on the Online tab. Very handy...

I have yet another feature request. Since for some mods the addon priority is very important in order to have them work (e.g. IFA3) I think your "Addon Priority" field needs an update. Right now if you have like 50 mods in your list (

total, not all loaded at one time xD) its very tedious that you have to constantly click on the arrow on the right to get a mod to the top. When you have to do that with 6 mods that's really annoying.

I have several ideas:

• An button that puts a mod on top of the list
  • The ability to move more mod at once
  • The ability to drag mods
  • The ability to hold down an arrow key to move it

Or all together.

Hope thats somehow possible.

Many Greetings

Moony

ok

Since we are talking about "Addon Priorities": I wonder if it would make sense to include them in the repository itself. Seems to me like quite a bunch of mods can cause problems if the loadorder isn't right. Wouldn't it be handy, if the clients got not only the mods but also the (hopefully) right loadorder from the repository?

Anyway thanks for this great tool. It makes playing in a community with many mods so much easier, especially for newcomers :)

Could be something like this in terms of functionalities to add:

- Into build options panel: define optionally mods order from a list similar to the current Addons options panel. Save the mods list priority to autoconfig file.

-  into Addons options panel: If a repository/event modset is selected (from Addon groups panel or Online panel), the addons priority list is updated with the repository load order. If a repository/event modset is unselected, the addons priority list prior to changes is reverted back.

• Like 1

I need assistance on this, im getting an error saying : "Failed to retreive file /.a3s/sync"    "File not found in repository: http://a3cdn.com:80/arma3sync/.a3s/sync".I cant do anything. It comes up when i press check for addons. Anyone has had any similar problem that might be able to help? Right now the website is down, so can that be a factor in this issue?

Paste the url http://a3cdn.com:80/arma3sync/.a3s/sync into a web browser, here you are.

interesting http://a3cdn.com

I keep getting a trying to connect - on ARMA3 Sync, my buddy who gave me the link connects within 5 seconds, I stay stuck for upwards of 10 minutes, just seeing trying to connect any help?

So I pasted the link in the web browser and it took me right to it. I can see the FTP file tree. The best I can tell is the firewall is disabled. I just to this Windows 7 PC specifically for gaming, I'm normally a MAC person. The last version of windows I used regularly was XP and that was pre-04

1- Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

2- From Repositories panel, add the new repository, select ok

3. When it tries to connect , select cancel, the new entry is added to the Repositories panel

4. Select the new entry, select connect to repository button

5. Watch ArmA3Sync-DEBUG console, error message could be:

- Host cannot be reached: wrong url or something outside arma3sync is blocking connection

- Wrong login or password

- Connection time out reached: select the repository, select edit button, select Advanced button, raise connection time out value (0=unlimited)

- connection failed: wrong port number or something outside arma3sync is blocking connection

Have you guys ever heard of Arma3Sync forcing restart of the whole pc?

I have this clan mate who swears that since he installed Arma3Sync whenever he's in game his computer restarts on his own.

Me and the others who use it however never had this sort of problems, did he do something wrong?

Most probably his computer crashes while ArmA 3 is running.

Simple test, just close ArmA3Sync once the game is launched.