major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Is it so complicated to copy-paste the autoconfig url into the Repository Edit panel and click the import button?

Yes, it is, when trying to explain it to someone else how to do it instead of telling him "click this link".

Basically, I have players giving up on playing in our events because they can't figure it out. In the past, all they had to do was download Play withSIX and click a link, which no longer works.

Damn yeah, I too have some of these people. They are either to lazy or to stupid.

Anyway, you need to show them, why PwS sucks. What benefits you have with A3S. Whoever does not want to play with you anymore, isn't worth it anyway. I mean whoever is to darn lazy to take 5min of their busy schedules (mostly playing Fallout 4 atm -,-) is not really interested in having nice Arma 3 sessions. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is, when trying to explain it to someone else how to do it instead of telling him "click this link".

Basically, I have players giving up on playing in our events because they can't figure it out. In the past, all they had to do was download Play withSIX and click a link, which no longer works.

There is a wiki that explain that but if they are too lazy to read and spend 5 minutes on it. You can't do much nor waste your time explain it to them.

I guess if they are giving up, they are not made to play Arma 3 and must be way too impatient.

Hello.

Me and my Arma 3 group have switched from PlayWithSix to Arma3Sync a couple of months ago, and so far we're enjoying it very much! So first of all, thank you. Since we updated our modpack however, we've been experiencing some problems with one specific mod: URAL. What happens is that the client tries to download the mod which consists of multiple PBO's, and all goes perfectly fine until it arrives at 'Ca.pbo', which has a size of 3,5 GB. When it reaches 2 GB exactly, it says it is finished and stops the download, leaving the file incomplete. I have tried rebuilding the repository multiple times to no effect. Then I did some testing and connected to our FTP-server using Filezilla to try downloading it. When I tried that, it downloaded the complete file with no errors. 

Are there any suggestions on how to fix this issue that we're having? Thanks in advance!

Hello.

Me and my Arma 3 group have switched from PlayWithSix to Arma3Sync a couple of months ago, and so far we're enjoying it very much! So first of all, thank you. Since we updated our modpack however, we've been experiencing some problems with one specific mod: URAL. What happens is that the client tries to download the mod which consists of multiple PBO's, and all goes perfectly fine until it arrives at 'Ca.pbo', which has a size of 3,5 GB. When it reaches 2 GB exactly, it says it is finished and stops the download, leaving the file incomplete. I have tried rebuilding the repository multiple times to no effect. Then I did some testing and connected to our FTP-server using Filezilla to try downloading it. When I tried that, it downloaded the complete file with no errors. 

Are there any suggestions on how to fix this issue that we're having? Thanks in advance!

Could you give access to the FTP, thanks.                                                                    

• Like 1

Is there any way you can allow users to download more than one file at a time via the repo? updating a mod like ACE with 384 files in it can take a very long time since the speed restarts with every new file.

Advance configuration (on the repository) -> "Maximum Number of Connections" should do the trick. At least I can see on my FTP that people are downloading more than one file at once. ^^ (This setting has to be set by every member themself and the Server needs to allow more than one connection!)

Edit: It needs to be configured on the repo too ("Build or Update Repository" -> Options -> "Set maximum number of connections per client")

Advance configuration (on the repository) -> "Maximum Number of Connections" should do the trick. At least I can see on my FTP that people are downloading more than one file at once. ^^ (This setting has to be set by every member themself and the Server needs to allow more than one connection!)

Edit: It needs to be configured on the repo too ("Build or Update Repository" -> Options -> "Set maximum number of connections per client")

Thanks mate, I already had the repo set to 10 connections. But didn't realize the users had to set it themselves as well.

@NessunoNL, try downloading the 3.5GB file by replacing ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

Yes, this definitely fixes the problem we have been having! It does not work perfectly yet though. It downloads the complete file but doesn't finish it, staying like this. When I manually cancel the download after it is complete, the file is completely on my drive and works like it should.

Hello,

I created a FTP server on my dedi box (Windows server2012 r2) I can upload manually via a FTP Client. I created the Repo and built it when I click upload I get this error every time:

07dfb01f8bd53417eae888beb4d88364.png

Could someone please help me fix this issue?

Thanks 

Tom

Hi,

we found some issue with the download speed in your new version. 

When we use the ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe there is the download rate ok. But in ArmA3Sync.exe the speed with one Active connection is only 30 kb/s.

All on the same server, same repository and same internet connection.  There is no difference between http and ftp protokoll.

Can anyone confirm this issue also ?

speed1.png

Download with ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

speed2.png

Download with ArmA3Sync.exe

Thanks mate, I already had the repo set to 10 connections. But didn't realize the users had to set it themselves as well.

User who already max out their internet bandwith with 1 connection should stay like this.

Hi,

we found some issue with the download speed in your new version. 

When we use the ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe there is the download rate ok. But in ArmA3Sync.exe the speed with one Active connection is only 30 kb/s.

All on the same server, same repository and same internet connection.  There is no difference between http and ftp protokoll.

Can anyone confirm this issue also ?

speed1.png

Download with ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

speed2.png

Download with ArmA3Sync.exe

ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe only add the display of the console, it is the same code running. I personnaly max out my internet connection at 35 MB/s with both.

Hello,

I created a FTP server on my dedi box (Windows server2012 r2) I can upload manually via a FTP Client. I created the Repo and built it when I click upload I get this error every time:

07dfb01f8bd53417eae888beb4d88364.png

Could someone please help me fix this issue?

Thanks 

Tom

Check out upload options panel. Ensure the FTP login have permissions to create folders and subfolders.

Yes, this definitely fixes the problem we have been having! It does not work perfectly yet though. It downloads the complete file but doesn't finish it, staying like this. When I manually cancel the download after it is complete, the file is completely on my drive and works like it should.

Working for me dowloading from your server. Could you retry and see what is in the ArmA3Sync-DEBUG console?

I have a feature request: 

I mainly use Addon Groups, because they are easy to edit and create. It would be awesome if one could use these Addon Groups on the online tab to join predefined servers with addons groups!

Hope that is possible!
Many Greetings
Moony

I agree with Moon_chilD, this feature would be very nice.

Regards.

Working for me dowloading from your server. Could you retry and see what is in the ArmA3Sync-DEBUG console?

I have retried a couple of times, problem stays the same, The DEBUG console is showing me this, which isn't much, while the ftp server interface displays this.

I had a friend try the same thing and it worked perfectly for him, like it did for you. As a side note, he uses Windows 7 and I'm on Windows 10. Maybe that has some effect? 

I have retried a couple of times, problem stays the same, The DEBUG console is showing me this, which isn't much, while the ftp server interface displays this.

I had a friend try the same thing and it worked perfectly for him, like it did for you. As a side note, he uses Windows 7 and I'm on Windows 10. Maybe that has some effect? 

Do you have the problem with other files? Is there a difference between downloading 1 file or several files?

I have a feature request: 

I mainly use Addon Groups, because they are easy to edit and create. It would be awesome if one could use these Addon Groups on the online tab to join predefined servers with addons groups!

Hope that is possible!

Many Greetings

Moony

Added into next update ;)

@Major_shepard Haha! Yup forgot about something lol! I now have another problem, went to create a second repo on the same FTP and I got this error:

dfe9a1f7d65c256b3852269a79bd80d6.png

I checked the one I built and uploaded successfully and that still works... I have no idea how to fix this do you have any ideas?

(Using windows server 2012 R2)

Do you have the problem with other files? Is there a difference between downloading 1 file or several files?

Just did some testing, no problems with other files. If I download Ca.pbo plus other files at the same time the download hangs. 

@Major_shepard Haha! Yup forgot about something lol! I now have another problem, went to create a second repo on the same FTP and I got this error:

dfe9a1f7d65c256b3852269a79bd80d6.png

I checked the one I built and uploaded successfully and that still works... I have no idea how to fix this do you have any ideas?

(Using windows server 2012 R2)

See the url is wrong: ftp://ftp.31.186.251.194/Maps => ftp://31.186.251.194/Maps

Hello, I just got an idea, dont know if someone already asked:

I'm using a lot the dwarden's performance executable on my server ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-152-performance-binary-feedback/), sometimes to get better performance you have to use also the client executable. There's a way to put this client that's needed to use into the sync? I mean:

1)dwarden push out update for server and client

2) I download and apply server executable

3) I put into the sync the executable for clients

4) All my clan when launch got notifiy client is updated and will download that

So everyone will use the last performance executable..

Tell me what you think about that  :rolleyes:

I don't understand what prevent you from doing it like this with ArmA3Sync at the moment? Maybe you are talking about a similar detection and wizard installer like TFAR and ACRE2?