major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Thanks for the update, especially the "- Added: Files synchronization: ArmA3Sync will try to resume automatically a file download if received file size doesn't match remote file size (server connection drop)." part.

But it seems the update don't fix our problem. The custom .jar you provide me in pm for test yes, but not the new version :s...

Have a problem. The problem is most likely me. So if we can find a me fix...everything should be fine.

Arma3Sync seems to be working fine on the repository sync side of things, but is not launching Arma 3 successfully.

When I hit 'Start Game' button, I get the windows blue circle of thought for a few seconds, and then apparently nothing. If I open Task Manager I can see a process for Arma3.exe, but it is not doing anything. No processor use and no Disk I/O. Just a few MB of memory. If I hit the 'Start Game' button again I get another instance of the same thing appearing in Task Manager. 

The clue to why the problem is me is that I get exactly the same result if I try to launch using A3Launcher.

I can launch fine with the standard BI Arma 3 launcher.

The problem started around the time I deleted some files (I messed up the installation of a mod or 2) from C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma3\ directory. I have a hunch there may have been a file that handles external launchers that is created in the initial Arma3 install, not made by Arma3Sync or A3Launcher.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Arma3Sync, and now updated (Today) to latest version. This has not solved the problem.

Any Clues what I may have deleted? Is it even possible I didn't fuck it up? I don't call myself Faulty for nothing you know.

Regards.

I get the same thing and it's never been solved. It works on my W7 machine but not on my W10 machine. What OS are you using, Faulty?

This is not a windows 10 problem. Many people of my group have that problem with several os'. I have win10 and everything works fine for me...^^"

I wasn't sure it was a W10 problem. It's probably coincidence that it started when I upgraded from 7 to 10.

kenny: This is a ftp server problem, not A3S. Can you directly connect with passive mod to your server? try open passive ports!

Major: thx! ;) Your support makes this the most used tool in the arma community. Did you count your Downloads/updates how many already using it? :P

what ports would need to be opened?

Thanks for the update, especially the "- Added: Files synchronization: ArmA3Sync will try to resume automatically a file download if received file size doesn't match remote file size (server connection drop)." part.

But it seems the update don't fix our problem. The custom .jar you provide me in pm for test yes, but not the new version :s...

Give me access to the server (repository url, login, password).

I get the same thing and it's never been solved. It works on my W7 machine but not on my W10 machine. What OS are you using, Faulty?

What is your problem exactly (maximum details required)?

Have a problem. The problem is most likely me. So if we can find a me fix...everything should be fine.

Arma3Sync seems to be working fine on the repository sync side of things, but is not launching Arma 3 successfully.

When I hit 'Start Game' button, I get the windows blue circle of thought for a few seconds, and then apparently nothing. If I open Task Manager I can see a process for Arma3.exe, but it is not doing anything. No processor use and no Disk I/O. Just a few MB of memory. If I hit the 'Start Game' button again I get another instance of the same thing appearing in Task Manager. 

The clue to why the problem is me is that I get exactly the same result i

f I try to launch using A3Launcher.

I can launch fine with the standard BI Arma 3 launcher.

The problem started around the time I deleted some files (I messed up the installation of a mod or 2) from C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma3\ directory. I have a hunch there may have been a file that handles external launchers that is created in the initial Arma3 install, not made by Arma3Sync or A3Launcher.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Arma3Sync, and now updated (Today) to latest version. This has not solved the problem.

Any Clues what I may have deleted? Is it even possible I didn't fuck it up? I don't call myself Faulty for nothing you know.

Regards.

1. Start Steam

2. Check ArmA3 files from Steam

3. Start ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

4. From Launcher Options panel, select Window mode, do select arma3.exe in ArmA 3 Executable location field. Do no select any addons.

5. Click Start Game

If the game doesn't start, what is on ArmA3Sync-DEBUG console?

Thank you major_shepard. That worked.

I'll just elaborate a little on step number 2 there. I didn't get it straight away. Didn't know the right button to click.

Step 2 above is achieved with the following steps.

1. Click 'LIBRARY' tab at top of steam client.

2. Right click on game (in this case Arma 3)

3. Choose 'Properties' from the bottom of the pop-up menu that appears. A Dialogue box will open.

4. Choose 'Local Files' Tab from top of Dialogue Box.

5. Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...'

6. Wait for that process to complete (if files are missing it will automatically retrieve the missing files)

Once I did that the problem was solved. Though I did not see exactly which files were missing so I am at risk of making the same mistake again. But at least now I know how to recover from it now.

Cheers.

Hello major_shepard, did you have time to check the issue I reported on the previous page? Once again compressed files remain in the download foalders and don't get properly unpacked.

Thanks

Raspu

Hello major_shepard, did you have time to check the issue I reported on the previous page? Once again compressed files remain in the download foalders and don't get properly unpacked.

Thanks

Raspu

It's not a problem of unzipping file.

What happening is that your FTP server does not allow/support the MLIST FTP command which ends into a unexpected runtime error (nullpointerException) at the end of the download => no unzipping

It's not a problem of unzipping file.

What happening is that your FTP server does not allow/support the MLIST FTP command which ends into a unexpected runtime error (nullpointerException) at the end of the download => no unzipping

Is this a change in the latest Arma3Sync? Our group has been using Arma3Sync with zip compression for almost two months, and never had an issue until the latest client update. As soon as members updated to the latest version of Arma3Sync client the zips stopped getting decompressed.

Is this a change in the latest Arma3Sync? Our group has been using Arma3Sync with zip compression for almost two months, and never had an issue until the latest client update. As soon as members updated to the latest version of Arma3Sync client the zips stopped getting decompressed.

Yes

37214478422339e24.png

keep getting this? anyone have any fixes or know what may be causing it?

You have MIME filter server side that blocks file without extension.

You have MIME filter server side that blocks file without extension.

so i added the autoconfig and the rest to my MIME filter but now im stuck with this ive read it something to do with Handler Mapping?

3721447855955628b.png

autoconfig is not a file extension. Whether you remove MIME filter on the repository url or you allow empty extension in the MIME filter (guess is * on IIS).

Hello, I just got an idea, dont know if someone already asked:
I'm using a lot the dwarden's performance executable on my server ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-152-performance-binary-feedback/), sometimes to get better performance you have to use also the client executable. There's a way to put this client that's needed to use into the sync? I mean:
1)dwarden push out update for server and client
2) I download and apply server executable
3) I put into the sync the executable for clients
4) All my clan when launch got notifiy client is updated and will download that

So everyone will use the last performance executable..

Tell me what you think about that  :rolleyes: