major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hey!

So I have a problem that when I just open my Arma3Sync, I am unable to select ANYTHING. All I can do is move the program on the screen and close it. That's it. I am unable to click on any of the tabs or check boxes.

Can someone help me with that?

If you have a NVIDIA graphic card try settings power management to max performance. If still no luck, install Java 1.7 => http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Hello.

I have a problem since some weeks. I have to open ArmaSync 2 times to load all mods.

An idea ?

Hello major_shepard,

Since some times, we have a weird problem with our repositories.

Some of our members have their download suddenly cut when the filesize progress reach 124mb with this message :

"Download finished with errors. See download reports for informations.".

(Test with the Leights_OPFOR mod but it happend for all files greater than 124 mb)

And in the download report we have this :

"Download finished with errors: - Failed to retreive file /@Leights_OPFOR/AddOns/lop_faction_chr_civ.pbo.zip
Incorrect file size. Expected size from /.a3s/sync (repository build): 138362313 Bytes, Transfered size: 130023424 Bytes".

After some test, it seems that any connections smaller than 2.2 mb will fail to download the file...

I have a 11mb conection and i have no problem, when I restrain it to 2.1 mb in the advanced configuration the download fail, and not when its to 2.2 or up.

I have set the timoute connection to 600000 and it do nothing.

Hello major_shepard,

Since some times, we have a weird problem with our repositories.

Some of our members have their download suddenly cut when the filesize progress reach 124mb with this message :

"Download finished with errors. See download reports for informations.".

(Test with the Leights_OPFOR mod but it happend for all files greater than 124 mb)

And in the download report we have this :

"Download finished with errors: - Failed to retreive file /@Leights_OPFOR/AddOns/lop_faction_chr_civ.pbo.zip

Incorrect file size. Expected size from /.a3s/sync (repository build): 138362313 Bytes, Transfered size: 130023424 Bytes".

After some test, it seems that any connections smaller than 2.2 mb will fail to download the file...

I have a 11mb conection and i have no problem, when I restrain it to 2.1 mb in the advanced configuration the download fail, and not when its to 2.2 or up.

I have set the timoute connection to 600000 and it do nothing.

Could give me server info by PM?

I would say that there is something wrong server side, maybe server read time out.

Hello.

I have a problem since some weeks. I have to open ArmaSync 2 times to load all mods.

An idea ?

Try running ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

Many causes outside ArmA3Sync possible like hard drive failure, anything causing file access issue.

Try running ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

Many causes outside ArmA3Sync possible like hard drive failure, anything causing file access issue.

Hey there, im trying to upload 1 mod to my repo, i already have 12 mods there already

im just getting this http://puu.sh/kKwt3/247be9d4a8.pngits been this way for about 40 mins

im using my webserver as the place i store the files, users download through HTTP any advice?

im also doing it through ArmA3Sycn-DBUG and thats done nothing

Hey there, im trying to upload 1 mod to my repo, i already have 12 mods there already

im just getting this http://puu.sh/kKwt3/247be9d4a8.pngits been this way for about 40 mins

im using my webserver as the place i store the files, users download through HTTP any advice?

im also doing it through ArmA3Sycn-DBUG and thats done nothing

Send me the FTP log in infos by PM.

We have a little problem. we have a remote repository. Buildin on the "windows" server take 3 sec. But when pressing "uploading" he checks the remote repo and this takes ages and it looks it increases in time. yesterday i made an update of an mod (200mb) and the remote checking took 1h :( Both servers dont have any load, the connection between them is excellent. when checking is done the upload is 10sec. Any idea what we can do?

Why do you use the upload command as you build the repo on the (remote) server? How many files are in the repository?

? I dont understand what you mean. I press: Build. When its finished i press "upload". And thats it. The uploading is 2 steps it seems and the "Checking remote files" is taking longer it seems. It worked since months but now? :(

Repo is 20GB wit 1600 files.

? I dont understand what you mean. I press: Build. When its finished i press "upload". And thats it. The uploading is 2 steps it seems and the "Checking remote files" is taking longer it seems. It worked since months but now? :(

Repo is 20GB wit 1600 files.

The question is: are you building the repository on the remote server or are you building the repository on your PC and then uploading the repository?

How much time does it take to run the check command?

As a matter of comparison, it takes me 2 minutes to check my FTP repository remotely which has 3098 files (17.7 GB).

We have 2 root servers, both 1GB Internet conn. I build the repo on the windows (gaming) server and upload it to the linux (webserver) server. You mean the verify button (the last button)? work instant. Or do you mean while "upload" process? This took a year ago only 10sec, 4 weeks ago it took about 6min ONLY to check the remote content, 3 days ago it took about 12h. We cant find an error on the ftp/connection/server load/firewall side. 2 days ago i tested again and it took ~23h to check remote. We will now delete the hole stuff and rebuild the repo i think?

Okayyyy. We builded a new repo, did it much faster but now with the new jar: 10seconds. ;) Looks really good.

Hi,

last time we used the feature "Upload modset" was past July.

We are trying now to use it again but we got a pop up error sayng "failed to upload events informations, please check upload option or permissioni settings on server".

If we connect using an ftp client and the same credentials all goes ok, Using FTP we can only change permission to the events file because the ftp user is the owner.

Hi majorshepart,

can you help us about this, please ?

did you try active/passive ftp with your client? there is nothing wrong with A3S ftp upload, when you setup the upload data in options right it work right away.

I noticed that the program is automatically adding -nolauncher parameter when using arma3.exe as an executable. This should be the case when using only the arma3launcher.exe since it works only with that.

Also when using arma3battleye.exe it would be nice if the program automatically added "2 1" as the first two parameters.

Hello, is it possible for you to add "copy group" or "duplicate group" to armasyc in your next version? sometimes i just want an existing addon group but with 2 or 3 additional mods, and i dont want to have to add them one by one all the time when creating a new group. 

Thanks for the program very great and generous work!

Small whimsical extremely non-critical bug found :)

Unable to close repo-tab by clicking the small red/white "x" on the tab without actually activating and "being" on that tab first.

Running build 1.5.69 (2013-2015), but when I think about it it's been there for a good while.

Hi majorshepart,

can you help us about this, please ?

Send me the FTP server infos to log in by PM.

Hello.

Another story can be classified as a "can't sync with my repo".

I've done step by step everything from your wiki:

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_server_administrator

I am preety sure files are visible via Firefox and TotalCommander (i have ESET, but i've double, triple, quadruple checked a3s is not blocked).

However when i try to "Check" my repo (HTTP way) i recieve (url_to_repo below is changed for privacy purposes):

http://url_to_repo/repo_cfog/.a3s/autoconfigjava.io.IOException: Failed to retreive file /.a3s/sync
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://url_to_repo.pl:80/rep
o_cfog/.a3s/sync
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.HttpDAO.transferIOExceptionFactory(HttpDAO.
java:141)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.HttpDAO.downloadFile(HttpDAO.java:73)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.HttpDAO.downloadSync(HttpDAO.java:154)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.HttpService.getSync(HttpService.java:67)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.repositoryEditor.workers.RepositoryChecker.run(Reposito
ryChecker.java:67)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.updateSizes(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.getBox(Unknown Source)
        at com.jtattoo.plaf.BaseProgressBarUI.paintIndeterminate(BaseProgressBar
UI.java:110)
        at com.jtattoo.plaf.BaseProgressBarUI.paint(BaseProgressBarUI.java:197)
        at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionP
rivilege(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionP
rivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

What is going on?

I have also problem with ftp, but with ftp message is that there is no user or pass.

Ftp is also visible for other apps.

------

I know that problem is that .a3s starts with a dot. My provider locks access to such directories (linux feature).

Then question, is it possible to start .a3s with eg. "_", i mean _a3s?

Regards.