major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

"Connection closed without indication" means that connection have been established with the server but closed without any message sent by the server. Typically something outside ArmA3Sync is closing the connection.

Beside this, do you still have a freeze of the GUI? The unexpected close of the connection is not the cause of the freeze, ArmA3Sync should work normally.

Em, funny this ... just tried it and since I replaced that file you gave me its now working normal as before, no freeze at all. So why? just wondering for the sake of it :)

Hello major_shepard,

we are actively using the possibility to download compressed files. But since we started using this feature we can observe the following:

- For some users one single file won't get decompressed

- For every check Arma3Sync runs the uncompressed file is flagged as "to update", the zip as to "to delete"

Pq8nK5T.png

- No matter how many times you download the file again the status of those files won't change

- Debug console throws a file not found exception

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.5.68
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_51
DevMode = false
Connection updates repository Success
ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.5.68
Connecting to repository: TFW Repo
Starting Checking for Addons on repository: TFW Repo
Starting downloading from repository: TFW Repo
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\changel
og.txt
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\addons\
rhs_a2port_air.pbo.zip
Uncompressing file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\addons\rhs_
a2port_air.pbo.zip
Download finished successfully.
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\CHANGEL
OG.txt
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\addons\
rhs_a2port_air.pbo.zip
Uncompressing file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\addons\rhs_
a2port_air.pbo.zip
java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\
addons\rhs_a2port_air.pbo.zip (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.zip.ZipDAO.unZip(ZipDAO.java:75)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.zip.UnZipFlowProcessor$1.run(UnZipFlowProcessor.java:7
2)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\changel
og.txt
rhs_a2port_air.pbo.zip
a2port_air.pbo.zip
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@rhsafrf\CHANGEL
OG.txt
rhs_a2port_air.pbo.zip
a2port_air.pbo.zip

As a workaround the user has to manually decompress the downloaded zip file and delete the compressed file afterwards. Please help ;)

I'm having trouble setting up my repo on my server.

Autoconfig URL: http://armagoons.com/repo/.a3s/autoconfig

Error log: http://pastebin.com/kqNuDtdn

After building the repo, I get the above errors when I run the check. As you can see, it's looking for // after addons.

If I try to use the autoconfig on my home machine I get this error

ggtbqGv.png

but you can see the file exist in the repo itself here http://armagoons.com/repo/@ace/addons/ 

iRhmbL4.png

Where am I going wrong?

edit: Additionally the instance of A3 Sync on the server is constantly marking the zsync files as to be deleted

Could you try replacing ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

Fixes the issue for me.

As an immediate workaround tell the users to set number of connections to 1 into Advanced configuration.

Hello major_shepard,

I just ran some tests with the new .jar and everything seems to be working fine! So I guess the fix for this issue will be implemented in the new release? Thank you very much for all your efforts and this great tool!

http://armagoons.com/repo/@ace/addons/ 

iRhmbL4.png

Where am I going wrong?

For example paste this url into your web browser http://armagoons.com/repo/@ace/addons

You will get the list of files displayed, which is ok

Now select any files from the list => error 404 not found

There is something wrong regarding your server conf.

edit: Additionally the instance of A3 Sync on the server is constantly marking the zsync files as to be deleted

If your are trying to perform a files synchronization with default destination folder = the path to the local repository on the server, this is perfectly normal. As client side is not supposed to have .zsync files (this is mono-directional synchronization from server to client).

Hello major_shepard,

I just ran some tests with the new .jar and everything seems to be working fine! So I guess the fix for this issue will be implemented in the new release? Thank you very much for all your efforts and this great tool!

Update is incoming this week-end ^^

For example paste this url into your web browser http://armagoons.com/repo/@ace/addons

You will get the list of files displayed, which is ok

Now select any files from the list => error 404 not found

There is something wrong regarding your server conf.

If your are trying to perform a files synchronization with default destination folder = the path to the local repository on the server, this is perfectly normal. As client side is not supposed to have .zsync files (this is mono-directional synchronization from server to client).

You're absolutely right. I'd forgotten to allow all MIME extensions in the IIS. Thanks!

Hello guys,

I've made a repository for my team last week with FTP protocole, my problem is that my download speed (maybe bad sometimes) is good but the software take lot of time to manage files.

I mean that the file take lot of time to begin to download.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Hello guys,

I've made a repository for my team last week with FTP protocole, my problem is that my download speed (maybe bad sometimes) is good but the software take lot of time to manage files.

I mean that the file take lot of time to begin to download.

Any idea?

Thanks!

2 common possibilities:

- your connection to the server is not good,  you have many internet rooters to jump in order to reach the server. => try TRACERT and PING  commands from CMD.

- the server sucks or has a limited number of simultaneous connection possibilities => check server conf and load.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what's wrong but since 1 or 2 A3S updates, our repo has become extremely slow - It sometimes downloads normally, but then it just hangs for 2-3 minutes at a time. It's worse with many small files and less prominent with bigger files.

The FTP runs perfectly fast when using FileZilla.

Ideas?

I'm not sure what's wrong but since 1 or 2 A3S updates, our repo has become extremely slow - It sometimes downloads normally, but then it just hangs for 2-3 minutes at a time. It's worse with many small files and less prominent with bigger files.

Ideas?

Could you give me access to your FTP? ArmA3Sync FTP download is working fine here, you can try my repo => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/repository/.a3s/autoconfig

Do you have access server side to the download monitoring? What you have to do is to see what happens on the server during the download. When the download hangs it means hat ArmA3Sync is waiting for the server to respond. FileZilla client may keep displaying the last determined speed but behind wait for the server.

Ideas?

The same problem here...

my repo => http://team-virtual-warfare.de/a3s/teamserver/.a3s/autoconfig

The FTP Server has not been changed by the Provider.

kindly regards

2 common possibilities:

- your connection to the server is not good,  you have many internet rooters to jump in order to reach the server. => try TRACERT and PING  commands from CMD.

- the server sucks or has a limited number of simultaneous connection possibilities => check server conf and load.

The repository is hosting from a dedicated server and some of my friend have download the repository without connection truble, but the processing of file still very slow.

ArmA3Sync 1.5 Update 3 now available

Download
Check for updates or use the Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-5-69.exe

Changelog
- Added: Detection of incorrect file size transfer.
- Fixed: FTP transfer may hang at the end of a download with some servers.
- Fixed: Uncompressing may not operate with the last downloaded file for repository built with pbo compressing option and multiple connections enabled.
- Fixed: ArmA3Sync GUI may not display with last JRE 1.8.0_60.

Thanks, that fixed it.

We are having another problem though with both the previous version and the new versions:

A3Sync_1442989153.png

Even though connections are set to 10, it never allows more than 1 connection. We even rebuilt the repo from scratch to make sure it's not a mistake on our part.

Once you have built the repository with 10 connections, user have to select the number of connections he wants to use from repository download panel -> Advanced configuration button.

From user side best download performances are not always achieved with max number of connections.

To say it short, user that already reach his max bandwidth with 1 single connection should leave it like this.

Hey there, wondering if anyone can help me, im looking to create and host a repo for my arma 3 server, how do i go about this?

i dont have a dedi box that i can access, the only thing i do have is webhost with domain and ftp logins or my arma 3 server, that i can also ftp into, really sorry i have searched for about 3 hours and can not find any info at all 

thanks!