major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hey there,

first at all, armasync is a great mod! It works fine on my pc.

I tried to install armasync on the pc of my friend, but there is the problem. Everytime I select some mods and try to start arma there turns up this error:

Mods - invalid executive file.

He has a windows 8.1 and java is also installed. I wounder because I did'nt something new and it works fine on my pc.

Thanks for help! :)

I try to started the arma3.exe nothing happened.

Double click on the arma3.launcher the game started.

Hey folks,

I'm getting the following error when downloading the repository:

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.4.63

07.06.2015 20:26:59

Download finished with errors for repository name: [LB] Linebackers Server #1

- Failed to retrieve .zsync file for URL: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://armasync.linebackers.de:80/@st_gi/Addons/stgi.pbo.shacktac.bisign.zsync

- Failed to retrieve .zsync file for URL: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://armasync.linebackers.de:80/@st_gi/Addons/stgi.pbo.zsync

Help would be appreciated!

Hey folks,

I'm getting the following error when downloading the repository:

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.4.63

07.06.2015 20:26:59

Download finished with errors for repository name: [LB] Linebackers Server #1

- Failed to retrieve .zsync file for URL: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://armasync.linebackers.de:80/@st_gi/Addons/stgi.pbo.shacktac.bisign.zsync

- Failed to retrieve .zsync file for URL: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://armasync.linebackers.de:80/@st_gi/Addons/stgi.pbo.zsync

Help would be appreciated!

Server side issue. Check server log and conf. Try url on a web browser to debug that shit ^^

Hey guys,

I cheched the cache, everything works fine. But I have still the problem with armasync.. =/

Hello.

Bunch of propositions:

1. "Launcher Options" tab: strech all combos to fill remaining space in "Launcher Options" and "Performance" JPanels. Some text in those combos may be (and are) cutted.

2. "Online" tab: rename "Destcription" to "Name" and add column "Note" (eg. for remarks about server: admin pass, reset hours and so one).

3. "Online" tab: I think i gues at how "Modset" works, but i see a reason to add column for predefined set of mods taken from groups had been set on "Addon" tab (in fact - this is my personal opinion - such functionality would be more useful than "modset").

I mean i have thre groups: RHS, temp, EPOCH. I would like to have ability of setting each group to specific server by choosing them from som combo list.

BR.

ArmA3Sync had been working fine (this is the server running the repository) until today.

Now I get this error:

arma3sync-error.png

Running the debug I see:

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.4.63

DevMode = false

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_79

java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:895)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:1855)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:1846)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:111)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadSync(FtpDAO.java:126)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.checkRepository(FtpService.java:90)

at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel$25.run(MainPanel.java:985)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Connection updates repository Success

ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.4.63

The network is fine. Everything else on the server works without issue. Any ideas?

ArmA3Sync had been working fine (this is the server running the repository) until today.

Now I get this error:

http://www.rocksraiders.com/images/arma3sync-error.png

Running the debug I see:

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.4.63

DevMode = false

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_79

java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:895)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:1855)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:1846)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:111)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadSync(FtpDAO.java:126)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.checkRepository(FtpService.java:90)

at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel$25.run(MainPanel.java:985)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Connection updates repository Success

ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.4.63

The network is fine. Everything else on the server works without issue. Any ideas?

Try to put the url of the repository on a web browser client side.

Check firewall client side and server side.

Is the host machine using IP V6?

Edited by Major_Shepard

I believe I found an issue, many times it gives 503 errors on download, sometimes by itself but most times (almost fully reproducible for me) when you pause and resume the download.

If you need additional info, let me know, keep up the good work!

I believe I found an issue, many times it gives 503 errors on download, sometimes by itself but most times (almost fully reproducible for me) when you pause and resume the download.

If you need additional info, let me know, keep up the good work!

Problem is server side, check log and conf (if you can). If you hire a web server in the box, guess you should change provider.

Problem is server side, check log and conf (if you can). If you hire a web server in the box, guess you should change provider.

Where are log files stored server-side? And what configuration, HTTP server or ArmA3Sync's? It's a dedicated box, I have full access to it.

EDIT:

To further clarify, ArmA3Sync leaves .part files, but removing them alone doesn't fix the issue, have to remove the file itself again, then it works.

Edited by Jonpas

Where are log files stored server-side? And what configuration, HTTP server or ArmA3Sync's? It's a dedicated box, I have full access to it.

EDIT:

To further clarify, ArmA3Sync leaves .part files, but removing them alone doesn't fix the issue, have to remove the file itself again, then it works.

Looks like the server does not support partial file transfer.

If you really have a dedicated server, remove the http server you have, install a fresh Apache, you good to go.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Got an idea. From Repository Edit panel -> Advanced button let's add a Test connection to the server with 2 options:

1. Test whole file download => ArmA3Sync will try to download the /.a3s/sync file completely

2. Test partial file download => ArmA3Sync will try to download a piece of the /.a3s/sync

If test 1 is ok but test 2 failed with any HTTP error, the server does not support partial file transfer. Could also show the server HTTP response header for further debug.

Edited by Major_Shepard

How do I setup a Mod repo using an external CentOS FTP server as the the mod server? All the guides I have found refer to running this on the game server where the mod folders are located. What if I have a separate file server I want to use?

How do I setup a Mod repo using an external CentOS FTP server as the the mod server? All the guides I have found refer to running this on the game server where the mod folders are located. What if I have a separate file server I want to use?

Like the wiki says http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_server_administrator

1. Install arma3sync on the CentOS server then build the repo using arma3sync GUI if you have a remote desktop access or open a remote terminal to use arma3sync command lines.

2. Or build the repo on your pc then upload the repo using arma3sync upload command.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I seem to have a problem with the arma3sync version Version 1.4 Update 4 Build 1.4.63 (2013-2015).

It have been working perfectly in the past and I do get a error.

2r4o6ma.jpg

It seems to be a java issue. :j:

This is what happend.

1:I have changed the addons in my repo.

2:Build the repo, no problem

3:Want to upload the repo it does the check addons and it sees the changes than it goes in the upload repository and than it looks like it get stucked somehow and nothing happens after a while the the message appears !

Any idea what can be the problem ?

And can be solved ?

With regards,

KillerBee

clan Killer Bee;2953520']I seem to have a problem with the arma3sync version Version 1.4 Update 4 Build 1.4.63 (2013-2015).

It have been working perfectly in the past and I do get a error.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2r4o6ma.jpg

It seems to be a java issue. :j:

This is what happend.

1:I have changed the addons in my repo.

2:Build the repo' date=' no problem

3:Want to upload the repo it does the check addons and it sees the changes than it goes in the upload repository and than it looks like it get stucked somehow and nothing happens after a while the the message appears !

Any idea what can be the problem ?

And can be solved ?

With regards,

KillerBee[/quote']

It's more like a FTP issue => unexpected connection closed by the server.

Check server conf. especially server time out, max number of connections

Edited by Major_Shepard

Might be all the people on your TS3 host at the same time Bee "max number of connections"

I found the problem. I had added some updates of add-ons on my repository and there was a new file in called .listing this gave troubles when uploading the add-ons trough the ftp of arma3sync.

Took me a while to get it together.

At the end I had to remove it manually and made a repo and manually remove the a3s form the ftp server because it was causing problems and upoad the a3s from the new repo manually.

After that is all works as it should and uploading worked also from amra3sync.

PS.

This was on the RHS mods the russian and the us.

Thanks for the response Shepard. :cc:

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with our repository, I have made the auto config but it keeps saying when someone tries to connect that the URL is not Reachable. I have been on your teamspeak and asked but no one could help, I need to do this as quick as possible so was wondering if you could help me.

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with our repository, I have made the auto config but it keeps saying when someone tries to connect that the URL is not Reachable. I have been on your teamspeak and asked but no one could help, I need to do this as quick as possible so was wondering if you could help me.

If the server is passworded you can't use PUBLIC autoconfig url. Simply go manually.

If not, check the repository url by putting into a web browser.

What do you mean by password we have it set to anonyamous

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

If the server is passworded you can't use PUBLIC autoconfig url. Simply go manually.

If not, check the repository url by putting into a web browser.

What do you mean, the sync is working but on the box it says not sync or something similar when we try to connect with it.

Looks like the server does not support partial file transfer.

If you really have a dedicated server, remove the http server you have, install a fresh Apache, you good to go.

You were correct, I used HFS HTTP Server and the documentation says it doesn't support partial file transfer and it won't due to using older HTTP version.

Thank you! :D