major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

This has probably been asked before, if so, sorry.

When I attempt to enter a server after using your launcher, it gives me the error message of; 'Battleye not enabled, restart client to enable' If someone could tell me how to set the launcher to launch battleye with the game that would be great, thanks.

--edit-- Thanks r3vo, that fixed it :)

Edited by Doctrench

This has probably been asked before, if so, sorry.

When I attempt to enter a server after using your launcher, it gives me the error message of; 'Battleye not enabled, restart client to enable' If someone could tell me how to set the launcher to launch battleye with the game that would be great, thanks.

1. Select the arma3battleeye.exe

2. Add the startup parameter 0 1 to you additional startup parameters.

So I have a question:

I finally was able to set everything up for me and my group. They can download my repositories and stuff like that.

I have three repositories:

- Needed (everything that is needed to play on our server)

- Recommended (same as needed with some more optional mods)

- Additional (Some mods that might needed later)

So now I want to set up the Server in Arma3Sync. We have three missions running on our server right now: One on altis, one on Chernarus and on on Takistan. Every Mission with its own modset.

So I created a Group for each in the "Addons" Tab. Then I try to creat a "Server" for each in the "Online" Tab. When I come to mod set I only get the three modsets from the repositories.

But I want to get my own Modgroups to be launched with the "Favorite Servers"...

How can I do that? I don't want to create repos for each possible Modset >.<

So I have a question:

I finally was able to set everything up for me and my group. They can download my repositories and stuff like that.

I have three repositories:

- Needed (everything that is needed to play on our server)

- Recommended (same as needed with some more optional mods)

- Additional (Some mods that might needed later)

So now I want to set up the Server in Arma3Sync. We have three missions running on our server right now: One on altis, one on Chernarus and on on Takistan. Every Mission with its own modset.

So I created a Group for each in the "Addons" Tab. Then I try to creat a "Server" for each in the "Online" Tab. When I come to mod set I only get the three modsets from the repositories.

But I want to get my own Modgroups to be launched with the "Favorite Servers"...

How can I do that? I don't want to create repos for each possible Modset >.<

You must create "Events" which some sort of sub-modset from repository => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_mission_maker

Then you will have these Events modsets available from Online panel.

But with that I can only use these mods, that are in that particular repository.

Isn't there a way to get a mod group to load with a server? If not, that would be a cool addition! xD

But with that I can only use these mods, that are in that particular repository.

Isn't there a way to get a mod group to load with a server? If not, that would be a cool addition! xD

In this case just create one single repository and the three different Event modset (needed/recommended/additional) from the Repository modset. So that player set the Event modset they want from Online Panel.

Yeah, I just figured that out. Still, when somebody wants to use any other mod, thats not in the repo (because its optional), he has to activate it a bit more complex. But Anyway...it kinda works now. ^^ Thanks

I have to say that Arma3Sync is really cool and finally we can get rid of Play withSix @.@

1. Select the arma3battleeye.exe

2. Add the startup parameter 0 1 to you additional startup parameters.

Does not work for me...or I do it wrong. Could you make a screen shot of your Launcher Options!?

ok guys I think I have a simple handy solution for those who like to have multiple addons with the same name into their addons search directories.

The solution is for ArmA3Sync to add automatically a symbolic "*" character to the addon name into the Available Addons tree like this:

Problem solved

Greetings Major Shepard, and thanks for the work you have put in to Arma3Sync.

Our unit recently made the switch from PlayWithSix, so that we could have more control over mods. The above problem has been our main issue, as members seem to have mods all over the place (and all different versions) which cause havoc for our servers. Is it possible to look in to this solution more? It gets much worse when you have multiple repositories from different units, here is the issue we face...

Once our members download the mods, we tell them to use the "Modsets" button under the "Addons" tab to create the addon group for the repo, this is nice because it auto updates if the mods in our repo change (less interaction required for the end user is better), unfortunately it doesn't add the "*" characters unless you add the mods manually (click and drag from the left), so we still have the issue of wrong mod versions being loaded.

Is it possible to sync the folder location from the repo to the addon group as well? I think the same issue is faced for event modsets as well.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings Major Shepard, and thanks for the work you have put in to Arma3Sync.

Our unit recently made the switch from PlayWithSix, so that we could have more control over mods. The above problem has been our main issue, as members seem to have mods all over the place (and all different versions) which cause havoc for our servers. Is it possible to look in to this solution more? It gets much worse when you have multiple repositories from different units, here is the issue we face...

Once our members download the mods, we tell them to use the "Modsets" button under the "Addons" tab to create the addon group for the repo, this is nice because it auto updates if the mods in our repo change (less interaction required for the end user is better), unfortunately it doesn't add the "*" characters unless you add the mods manually (click and drag from the left), so we still have the issue of wrong mod versions being loaded.

Is it possible to sync the folder location from the repo to the addon group as well? I think the same issue is faced for event modsets as well.

Thanks for your time.

The solution is for the user to be organized when they have multiple version of addons.

For this goal do use ArmA3Sync profiles like this:

1. Create a profile for the team repository. Specify a directory (not ArmA 3) that will contains ONLY the files from the repo.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob1.png

2. Run synchronization on this directory with Exact Match :

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob6.png

3. Run the game/join the server with the event/repository modset

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob2.png

4. If you want to run extra addon with the repository modset, add a supplementary directory that contains distinct addons from the repository

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob3.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob4.png

Thus create as many ArmA3Sync profile as number of team repositories.

Edited by Major_Shepard

The solution is for the user to be organized when they have multiple version of addons.

For this goal do use ArmA3Sync profiles like this:

1. Create a profile for the team repository. Specify a directory (not ArmA 3) that will contains ONLY the files from the repo.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob1.png

2. Run synchronization on this directory with Exact Match :

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob6.png

3. Run the game/join the server with the event/repository modset

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob2.png

4. If you want to run extra addon with the repository modset, add a supplementary directory that contains distinct addons from the repository

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob3.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_noob4.png

Thus create as many ArmA3Sync profile as number of team repositories.

I can see that working, one issue though is whenever someone selects their arma3.exe or changes to arma3battleye.exe it auto adds their arma3 directory as an addon search directory and this can cause the problems again until they remove it.

As an alternative to removing the functionality of auto adding the folder, can we set a priority for addon search folders? Where Arma3Sync will prioritise using mods within that search directory over others in the search list? The arma3 folder always adds to the top so that would need to change for this priority system to work.

Thanks

I can see that working, one issue though is whenever someone selects their arma3.exe or changes to arma3battleye.exe it auto adds their arma3 directory as an addon search directory and this can cause the problems again until they remove it.

As an alternative to removing the functionality of auto adding the folder, can we set a priority for addon search folders? Where Arma3Sync will prioritise using mods within that search directory over others in the search list? The arma3 folder always adds to the top so that would need to change for this priority system to work.

Thanks

In fact it already exists. The first search addons directory added from Addon options panel is the also the first directory that will be look by the system and so on (don't mistake with the alphabetic auto-reordering which is purely GUI). Adding button to top/down search directories like Addons priorities list is not a problem.

However there will still be a problem if one search directory contains subfolders with the same addon => searchDirectory/FolderA/@a; searchDirectory/FolderB/@a.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Can someone help me with the "Battleye not enabled, restart client to enable" Problem.

I have tried it with using the arma3battleye.exe and an 0 1 in the parameter.

I seem to do it wrong. Could anybody give me a screenshot of their launcher options tab?

Can someone help me with the "Battleye not enabled, restart client to enable" Problem.

I have tried it with using the arma3battleye.exe and an 0 1 in the parameter.

I seem to do it wrong. Could anybody give me a screenshot of their launcher options tab?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190426-BattlEye-service-implementation&p=2932338&viewfull=1#post2932338

Never tried myself, battleye as always been a complete POS for ArmA ^^

Edited by Major_Shepard

In fact it already exists. The first search addons directory added from Addon options panel is the also the first directory that will be look by the system and so on (don't mistake with the alphabetic auto-reordering which is purely GUI). Adding button to top/down search directories like Addons priorities list is not a problem.

However there will still be a problem if one search directory contains subfolders with the same addon => searchDirectory/FolderA/@a; searchDirectory/FolderB/@a.

That would be great if you can add that, then I'll update our how-to to make sure that the proper directory is at the top of the list. If you do this can you make sure that when you add a folder it never takes the top position by default? Especially if auto added by selecting the .exe, that way what ever one they set manually will stay there unless they specifically change it.

That would be great if you can add that, then I'll update our how-to to make sure that the proper directory is at the top of the list. If you do this can you make sure that when you add a folder it never takes the top position by default? Especially if auto added by selecting the .exe, that way what ever one they set manually will stay there unless they specifically change it.

ok ;)

I've been launching like this for a while and it works great. However, does launching like above also work with additional parameters, like this? (never mind the parameters themselves, I'm more interested in the pass-along ;D)

a3s_launchparams.png

Yeah, but thats the thing....it is not working for me >.< For some reason!

HALP.PNG

Yeah, but thats the thing....it is not working for me >.< For some reason!

http://stafclan.com/pictures/HALP.PNG

Does Steam.exe is running? If not try to run first steam then launch from ArmA3Sync.

Looks like arma3battleye.exe POS failed to launch arma3.exe with steam off.

Yeah, quite funny. For some reason it worked now. The whole day I was testing around and it didn't worked and now just....boop...worked!

Thanks anyway. I just want to say it again...wonderful program! Very handy for clans with many different mods! ^^

Yeah, quite funny. For some reason it worked now. The whole day I was testing around and it didn't worked and now just....boop...worked!

Thanks anyway. I just want to say it again...wonderful program! Very handy for clans with many different mods! ^^

Since the update to Arma3 i've noticed our members need to load the game through steam and the arma3 launcher to accept the battleye license before arma3battleye.exe works properly through Arma3Sync

Since the update to Arma3 i've noticed our members need to load the game through steam and the arma3 launcher to accept the battleye license before arma3battleye.exe works properly through Arma3Sync

I thought the same, since yesterday when it worked I started the game through steam before....but I also did that way before the problem started. xD Strange!

Anyway, I have another question:

So my server has an Upload Speed of around 900-1000Mbit/s (so its around 110-120MB/s). One of my member has a usual downloadspeed of 40MB/s but in Arma3Sync he only has 10MB/s.

The FTP has no Down- and Upload speed limit. Is that something in Arma3Sync...a Limit or something! We are just curious. I mean 10 is still better then 1 in PwS! xD

Edited by Moon_chilD

Yeah The download cap again :cool:

If you want to make a test of Arm3Sync, just try a sync on the host machine of the FTP server => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_ftp_rate.png

You could eventually set max clients connections to 10 when building the repository to see if it improves his dl.

Edited by Major_Shepard

:756: Thanks...the server was somewhere between 80MB/s - 150MB/s.

With putting the max client connections up to 10 gave even me 4.8MB/s - 5.1MB/s.

Thanks...I guess now I'm happy! xD (finally)