major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Major_Shepard, can you confirm that you've read the bug report of me? There was no direct reply to it..

Solid copy mate. Bug is confirmed, minor issue.

I'd agree that this is just a minor issue if it would be just a cosmetical thing or graphic glitch.

However, this is not the case as this bug does cause an unwanted negative effect on the game's performance overall, as the "Enable HT" function simply does not apply at the game start

When somebody doesn't know about that bug or can't be bothered everytime to keep in mind that every restart of ArmA3Sync resets this particular setting, then the game will simply perform worse than before the recent ArmA3Sync update.

ok guys I think I have a simple handy solution for those who like to have multiple addons with the same name into their addons search directories.

The solution is for ArmA3Sync to add automatically a symbolic "*" character to the addon name into the Available Addons tree like this:

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_symbolic_addon_name_1.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_symbolic_addon_name_2.png

Problem solved

Edited by Major_Shepard

And I am back with a possible feature request, is it possible that servers added through repository sync keep "attached" to that repository? So if repository's server information get changed it won't add another server to your local ArmA3Sync but update the existing one or even delete it.

Awesome! That's going to be super useful.

What about that BitTorrent functionality? Is that something you'll ever look into or is that completely off the table?

Hi,

can you add please an option in order to launch the "check for update" using a console command, as it already happens for BUILD ?

And I am back with a possible feature request, is it possible that servers added through repository sync keep "attached" to that repository? So if repository's server information get changed it won't add another server to your local ArmA3Sync but update the existing one or even delete it.

I guess you are speaking about favourite servers info. Yes that could be done as long as the Description field is not changed otherwise it would be seen as a new entry.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Awesome! That's going to be super useful.

What about that BitTorrent functionality? Is that something you'll ever look into or is that completely off the table?

It is in progress mate ^^

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Hi,

can you add please an option in order to launch the "check for update" using a console command, as it already happens for BUILD ?

I guess you mean Check for Addons? Check for Addons has nothing to do with building a repository.

I guess you are speaking about favourite servers info. Yes that could be done as long as the Description field is not changed otherwise it would be seen as a new entry.

Yep, I was aiming for some backend link of server and repository so even description could be changed without ArmA3Sync seeing it as a new entry.

After latest update, it seems like my updating dont sync with ftp server. It wants to upload all files/folders even tho its on the server. So if I add one file, it wants to upload everything.

Didnt have that in the version before the new one that rolled out. Then it sync to ftp for a very long time and then just updated the change. Now it goes straight to upload the whole repo-folder.

Everything is the same, regarding the logins etc.. is there a new box I missed checking or something =P

After latest update, it seems like my updating dont sync with ftp server. It wants to upload all files/folders even tho its on the server. So if I add one file, it wants to upload everything.

Didnt have that in the version before the new one that rolled out. Then it sync to ftp for a very long time and then just updated the change. Now it goes straight to upload the whole repo-folder.

Everything is the same, regarding the logins etc.. is there a new box I missed checking or something =P

Working fine here. Arm3Sync upload the all repository only if the remote file /.a3s/sync does not exist or is corrupted.

Our group are having the same issue.

I'm maintaining a client addon pack for our group and another member is maintaining the main addon pack. We both are having the issue that it wants to reupload the entire pack on each build. We've tried deleting all local files, deleting the server files then putting all the .pbo's an .bisigns back and doing a rebuild (making sure the .a3s directory and all .zsyncs are gone in both locations). Each rebuild triggers a complete upload and /.a3s/sync gets updated each time with the same time stamp as the other files.

This started happening directly after the latest Arma3Sync update. Fortunately we are Swedes have really good connections (we all have one gazillion gigabit UL/DL, the myth is true! ;D) so upload and/or bandwidth is no issue, but it kinda feels unnecessary sending ~17GB each time :)

Is there anything we can send you to provide more info perhaps? :)

Our group are having the same issue.

I'm maintaining a client addon pack for our group and another member is maintaining the main addon pack. We both are having the issue that it wants to reupload the entire pack on each build. We've tried deleting all local files, deleting the server files then putting all the .pbo's an .bisigns back and doing a rebuild (making sure the .a3s directory and all .zsyncs are gone in both locations). Each rebuild triggers a complete upload and /.a3s/sync gets updated each time with the same time stamp as the other files.

This started happening directly after the latest Arma3Sync update. Fortunately we are Swedes have really good connections (we all have one gazillion gigabit UL/DL, the myth is true! ;D) so upload and/or bandwidth is no issue, but it kinda feels unnecessary sending ~17GB each time :)

Is there anything we can send you to provide more info perhaps? :)

Could you give me by PM the login info of your server (with write permissions)?

One of my members keeps having this issue appear "Failed to read the downloaded file Autoconfig. connect timed out." He seems to be the only one who can connect, is their some trouble shooting methods we can give him? Thank you for any assistance.

One of my members keeps having this issue appear "Failed to read the downloaded file Autoconfig. connect timed out." He seems to be the only one who can connect, is their some trouble shooting methods we can give him? Thank you for any assistance.

In the Edit Repository panel, select Advanced button then set connection time out to 60000 (or more).

I guess your guy's has a poor connection with the server.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

It is in progress mate ^^

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I guess you mean Check for Addons? Check for Addons has nothing to do with building a repository.

I think by bad english brought us to a misunderstanding.

I wish to trigger the update of client (update of server installation) with an unix command without passing through the command line utility.. Something similar to:

Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -UPDATECLIENT

launched from shell.

In the Edit Repository panel, select Advanced button then set connection time out to 60000 (or more).

I guess your guy's has a poor connection with the server.

Thanks man that was the issue!

I think by bad english brought us to a misunderstanding.

I wish to trigger the update of client (update of server installation) with an unix command without passing through the command line utility.. Something similar to:

Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -UPDATECLIENT

launched from shell.

ok then ;)

Hello!

Since Version 1.4 Update 3 I had to build the Repositorie twice, to see the updates in the changelog. Is there maybe a bug or an misconfiguration on my side ?

And also since Version 1.4 Update 3 sometimes the client does not get an pop up to sync for updates. Does anyone know this issue?

Since Version 1.4 Update 3 I had to build the Repositorie twice, to see the updates in the changelog. Is there maybe a bug or an misconfiguration on my side ?

ok, issue is only on ArmA3Sync server side

And also since Version 1.4 Update 3 sometimes the client does not get an pop up to sync for updates. Does anyone know this issue?

Adding and removing addons from repo makes pop pup working as it should here. Try to find a reproducible example.

Since the last update, my community and other friend communty have many problems with the Arma3sync. My exist build not work, people cant connect. I need erase the build and .a3s folder for fix this. But now, the download is very slow (before 4 MB/s and now 400 Kb/s) and never end the download, freeze at 100%. I think the last update have many problems.

Since the last update, my community and other friend communty have many problems with the Arma3sync. My exist build not work, people cant connect. I need erase the build and .a3s folder for fix this. But now, the download is very slow (before 4 MB/s and now 400 Kb/s) and never end the download, freeze at 100%. I think the last update have many problems.

Try downloading from my repo which is working for sure, autoconfig here: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository/.a3s/autoconfig

I think you have server issues.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Try downloading from my repo which is working for sure, autoconfig here: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository/.a3s/autoconfig

I think you have server issues.

You repo work well, but that does not mean it's a problem of my server. It's much chance the same thing happen to two different communities with different servers and different addons :p

You repo work well, but that does not mean it's a problem of my server. It's much chance the same thing happen to two different communities with different servers and different addons :p

Addons/files have nothing to do with connection and dl speed ^^

I have a problem with the newest version. I put in two different repositories CORRECTLY (went through the process also with a friend), but the thing is the Synch doesn't even try to connect to the internet. My firewall reports to me every connection request and I approve or deny manually, but I don't get any request from this program. Then I get error from the app "failed to connect to server". I also tried manually adding permission for it, but still the same.