major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hey, I am having a bit of a problem.. I can't get ArmA3Sync to launch arma3battleye.exe

Anyone know how to fix this.

EDIT: Never mind worked it out.. Keep up the good work.

Edited by tigerbomb8

Hello.

We are using a3s everyday for mods syncing. After newest update there is an red error "Url is not reachable" when someone tries to add new repo from autoconfig file.

What we can check or what we can do with it? It worked without problems till this update.

Hello.

We are using a3s everyday for mods syncing. After newest update there is an red error "Url is not reachable" when someone tries to add new repo from autoconfig file.

What we can check or what we can do with it? It worked without problems till this update.

PM me the server login infos.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hello.

Your HTTP server is url case sensitive. Simply lower case the url (server side) or log in manually as a workaround for now.

Having some Problems with the upload of the repository.

I connect to my server over remote desktop and let there the ArmAsync upload the reposity to an FTP server. At the Moment the Mod Pack hase a size about 21,6 GB. Last Month's no problems but now i somtimes need 10 or more try' s.

Errors like

(read timed out)

(connect timed out)

(Could not parse response code. Server Reply: 26 Transfer complete)

(Could not parse response code. Server Reply: 25 Data connectiono already open; Transfer starting.)

Edited by Faithnall

Your HTTP server is url case sensitive. Simply lower case the url (server side) or log in manually as a workaround for now.

This problem occured after newest a3s update. URL lowercase solved it. Thanks!

Changed: Starting the game with Joint Server enabled modset option is now restrive to the list of addons of this modset.

:yay:

Jonpas just reminded me of a REALLY annoying bug in Arma3Sync which can't be as easily bypassed as the one that was Changed above.

If you have a mod with the same name in different directories (For example \Arma 3\@ace and \Arma 3\testmods\@ace, Arma3Sync sometimes loads the wrong one.

I'll ask Xander to take a look at it and see if he can figure this one too.

Edited by BullHorn

:yay:

Jonpas just reminded me of a REALLY annoying bug in Arma3Sync which can't be as easily bypassed as the one that was Changed above.

If you have a mod with the same name in different directories (For example \Arma 3\@ace and \Arma 3\testmods\@ace, Arma3Sync sometimes loads the wrong one.

I'll ask Xander to take a look at it and see if he can figure this one too.

The only workaround is too give each mod a unique name, as name is the key identifier of mods into ArmA3Sync.

Would it be possible to get a detailed walkthrough on how to get a repository working for those of us that have to build the repository on our own computer, and then upload it to the server. Its quite confusing and frustrating trying to figure this out.

Would it be possible to get a detailed walkthrough on how to get a repository working for those of us that have to build the repository on our own computer, and then upload it to the server. Its quite confusing and frustrating trying to figure this out.

What is complicated :confused: ?. All you need is a FTP server on the remote machine to upload the repository. Then use the upload repository command of ArmA3Sync.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I can do that. I've selected a folder on my computer as a repository, built the repo, and uploaded it. The autoconfig URL doesn't point to the right place on the server that it was uploaded to, through arma sync. Aside from that, it didn't keep the name of the folder of the repo folder, it just grabbed the addons folder.

so on my computer I selected a folder named @unitmods within that is the folder named addons, and in there all the pbos like it should be.

in my server i placed a folder called modpack and pointed the arma sync at it. when i go look inside the modpack folder, i only see a folder named addons, not the @unitmods folder with the addons folder inside it.

edit: additionally, when i create my own autoconfig URL that points the the correct place, i can connect to it initially. As in if i were to give you the URL, you would get the server info, and have the server info, name, etc. However when you hit the connect to repository button, and hit check for addons, i get a 404 error, and i can see that the url it is attempting to connect to is again, the wrong URL.

Edited by Rupture

I can do that. I've selected a folder on my computer as a repository, built the repo, and uploaded it. The autoconfig URL doesn't point to the right place on the server that it was uploaded to, through arma sync. Aside from that, it didn't keep the name of the folder of the repo folder, it just grabbed the addons folder.

so on my computer I selected a folder named @unitmods within that is the folder named addons, and in there all the pbos like it should be.

in my server i placed a folder called modpack and pointed the arma sync at it. when i go look inside the modpack folder, i only see a folder named addons, not the @unitmods folder with the addons folder inside it.

ok so to be very simple:

1. On your pc create directory like c:\repository

2. Put every addons into this directory so that c:\repository\@A, c:\repository\@B....

3. Go to Edit Repository panel, in the host or url field specify the remote directory that will contains the addons let say ftp://blabla.com/repository

4. Go to Admin panel, build the repository with Repository main folder location set as c:\repository

5. Select Upload options ensure url is ftp://blabla.com/repository

6. Select Upload

7. Here you are

ok that makes sense to me. I was attempting to save disk space by using the mod folder within my arma 3 folder also as the repo. I see that wont work, as if i were to select the whole arma 3 folder (in order for arma sync to get the @unitmods folder) it seems it would pickup ALL of my mods... A bit of a pain to have to double how much space is taken up on my hard disk to have the mods in arma, and also in a separate repo folder. Not really complaining, just hurtful on a small capacity SSD drive.

Anyway, I understand the instructions, matching folder names of repo on local and remote, and whatnot. Thank you for the clarification.

The only workaround is too give each mod a unique name, as name is the key identifier of mods into ArmA3Sync.

That doesn't make real sense, the -mod paramater can take the full path or just a part of the path originating in Arma 3 root directory, what's the reason ArmA3Sync doesn't use that directly rather than just comparing @ folders?

Bug report:

"Enable HT" function is bugged now

- it doesn't re-initialize correctly after restart of ArmA3Sync. It's still checked when turned on from previous session, but it's not listed in the 'Run Parameters' section. (given CPU count all unchecked ofc.)

- However, re-enabling it, lists it correctly to the 'Run Parameters' section again.

That doesn't make real sense, the -mod paramater can take the full path or just a part of the path originating in Arma 3 root directory, what's the reason ArmA3Sync doesn't use that directly rather than just comparing @ folders?

Nothing to see with arma 3 run parameters. The reason is on the binding between the Available Addon tree (file path dependent) and the Addon group tree (currently non file path dependent). I am not saying that adding file path dependence on the Addon group tree is not possible but it will generates much of complexity in the all application.

Edited by Major_Shepard

With the latest update, the program no longer generate valid AutoConfigURL.

:(

Fix it please. thanks for the great work.

Edited by Pescadorrr
sorry for my english

Hey, I am having a bit of a problem.. I can't get ArmA3Sync to launch arma3battleye.exe

Anyone know how to fix this.

EDIT: Never mind worked it out.. Keep up the good work.

How did you fix this?

Select "arma3battleye.exe" as ArmA 3 executable location and add

0 1

in the 'additional parameters' section of ArmA3Sync.

First off, Arma3Sync is a fantastic tool Shepard! Our community has been using it for quite some time and it almost eliminated issues with people joining with the wrong mods, or different mod versions etc. Kudos on the program!

I have two questions:

1.) Are there any plans of expanding Arma3Sync to include Arma2 as well? Probably a rename to ArmaSync would be in order I guess. :D

2.) Will Arma3Sync try to include some sort of BitTorrent tracker / download protocol? With enough seeders this could greatly improve the download speed for larger mod repositories over regular FTP servers.

First off, Arma3Sync is a fantastic tool Shepard! Our community has been using it for quite some time and it almost eliminated issues with people joining with the wrong mods, or different mod versions etc. Kudos on the program!

I have two questions:

1.) Are there any plans of expanding Arma3Sync to include Arma2 as well? Probably a rename to ArmaSync would be in order I guess. :D

2.) Will Arma3Sync try to include some sort of BitTorrent tracker / download protocol? With enough seeders this could greatly improve the download speed for larger mod repositories over regular FTP servers.

Thanks mate. Also ArmA3Sync has been largely inspired from experience with SpiritedMachine stuff and Yoma stuff, they can be thank too.

1. Nope. First reason is that SpiritedMachine launcher and Yoma AddonSync already do the job for ArmA2. Second one is that support for ArmA2 will deserve few users. Less and less with time goes on.

2. Support for BitTorrent is currently under active experimentation. Having good hope with snark library integration into ArmA3Sync => http://www.klomp.org/snark/

However I would prefer to have some sort BittorentSync library (i.e bittorent with partial file update). If anyone know a good one in Java/C++ that is opensource please let me know.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Nothing to see with arma 3 run parameters. The reason is on the binding between the Available Addon tree (file path dependent) and the Addon group tree (currently non file path dependent). I am not saying that adding file path dependence on the Addon group tree is not possible but it will generates much of complexity in the all application.

Thanks for the explanation, would love to see it done that way though, but keep up the good work you are doing!

Hum, I'm not sure 100% but I'm the only one having an issue when rebuild sync?

I mean:

- Sync rebuilt on server

- Open arma 3 sync on client

- Arma3sync says Repo is OK and not updated but if I connect to repo and check it find directory changed

Happened twice on 2 different pc of mine and to some mate

Hum, I'm not sure 100% but I'm the only one having an issue when rebuild sync?

I mean:

- Sync rebuilt on server

- Open arma 3 sync on client

- Arma3sync says Repo is OK and not updated but if I connect to repo and check it find directory changed

Happened twice on 2 different pc of mine and to some mate

Be sure to use last update of ArmA3Sync server side and client side.

If you delete or add empty folder into the repository this does not change the Status whereas it will be detected after check for addons.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Major_Shepard, can you confirm that you've read the bug report of me? There was no direct reply to it..