major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Can i get someone that can help me with creating a repo from my FTP.

I currently have my VDS running my server, and am using a NFO Servers FTP web hosting for the FTP but after hours and hours of trying to create a repo i have failed.

can anyone PLEASE tell me, i could teamviewer and try to explain what im doing, im really lost and getting frustrated. Everything look like the wiki does but i cant public connect to DL the mods.

<3 <3

Phazewun

Been trying to get my repo to work for days now..... First it can't the autoconfig folder, I managed to fix that easily, but now it fails to read the autoconfig and sync files, I can access the repo fine when I try from localhost. Any ideas anyone? Note: I already tried setting connection timeout time to no limit.

Download Speed has slowed down for me to 60kb/s in the last days. is it the server or is there a way to fix this?

Which ftp service you use

Sorry but I failed to understand how to create a custom repository. I don't see any part in the documentation where this is explained. Can you help me please ?

Sorry but I failed to understand how to create a custom repository. I don't see any part in the documentation where this is explained. Can you help me please ?

The documentation say it all except how to run a FTP/HTTP server. Ask google about FileZilla server (FTP) and Apache server (HTTP) there is ton of tutorials and videos out there.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Can i get someone that can help me with creating a repo from my FTP.

I currently have my VDS running my server, and am using a NFO Servers FTP web hosting for the FTP but after hours and hours of trying to create a repo i have failed.

can anyone PLEASE tell me, i could teamviewer and try to explain what im doing, im really lost and getting frustrated. Everything look like the wiki does but i cant public connect to DL the mods.

<3 <3

Phazewun

Pretty sure your server is passworded => simply provide manually the credential into the Edit repository panel to log in.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Download Speed has slowed down for me to 60kb/s in the last days. is it the server or is there a way to fix this?

server issue/provider issue

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Been trying to get my repo to work for days now..... First it can't the autoconfig folder, I managed to fix that easily, but now it fails to read the autoconfig and sync files, I can access the repo fine when I try from localhost. Any ideas anyone? Note: I already tried setting connection timeout time to no limit.

Paste the repository url into your web browser and see what happens (wrong url I guess).

Ok, i finally found the .sh console script and it's very easy to setup a rep using ssh....but...when i add the repository to the client (connection OK) and then clic on check addon i got an internal error. No other details. What can be ? :(

Ok, i finally found the .sh console script and it's very easy to setup a rep using ssh....but...when i add the repository to the client (connection OK) and then clic on check addon i got an internal error. No other details. What can be ? :(

Send me by pm your server login info.

Thanks for this software.

My group and I are currently migrating from an hybrid PWS repo to a fully self-hosted repository (for reliability issues), and ArmA3Sync has been working nice so far.

However, I wondered if ArmA3Sync supported (or was planned to support) URL association, kinda like PWS is currently supporting (pws://domain.tld/path/to/server_config.yml) ? The final goal being allowing to join a given server "automagically" by clicking or pasting a given address (a3s:// maybe?).

Have a good day,

Thanks for this software.

My group and I are currently migrating from an hybrid PWS repo to a fully self-hosted repository (for reliability issues), and ArmA3Sync has been working nice so far.

However, I wondered if ArmA3Sync supported (or was planned to support) URL association, kinda like PWS is currently supporting (pws://domain.tld/path/to/server_config.yml) ? The final goal being allowing to join a given server "automagically" by clicking or pasting a given address (a3s:// maybe?).

Have a good day,

It already exists. See Build Options and Favourite Servers association to autoconfig.

Send me by pm your server login info.

Well finally I succeded creating a ftp repository and not an http one.

There's a way to re-build a repository without inputing again all the parameter (exluded path, etc etc) ? I mean, if I add new files to my repository I would like a command that only REad again my rep without changing build parameter.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

There's a way to re-build a repository without inputing again all the parameter (exluded path, etc etc) ? I mean, if I add new files to my repository I would like a command that only REad again my rep without changing build parameter.

OK sorry for the dumb question, I found the solution: java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -build "Name of the repository"

See the wiki -> Administrate a repository using custom script

There's a way to add a group on the repository using console ?

Nope. Moreover I can't see the usefulness ^^

Because we can create different modset/groups on server and clan mate can import those modsets configuration without building them by theirselves (no space for error).

We need different groups because for example we can have a groups for mods in testing, a group for mods officialy used in our event, a group with different modset used, etc.

Something similar to what is written at the end of this guide

one notice, you should deny user select cpucount and enableht same time because cpucount will override enableht option :) many people think enable both is better but is not :butbut:

Because we can create different modset/groups on server and clan mate can import those modsets configuration without building them by theirselves (no space for error).

We need different groups because for example we can have a groups for mods in testing, a group for mods officialy used in our event, a group with different modset used, etc.

Something similar to what is written at the end of this guide

OK you are speaking about Modset not Group, that already exists. It's not available from console mode but you can upload to the server from client side GUI => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_mission_maker

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hummm what a pity. My aim was to force clanmate to import modsets defined centrally and then create several Favorites Servers Bookmarks, with different names, different modset associated but pointing to the same server.

So the day before the game event we can say: "ok guys, tomorrow we will play with StandardModset01" or " "ok guys, tomorrow we will play with StandardModset02", etc etc.

By the way, I would thank you for this great tool, great job, really. :)

EDIT: Ok I realized now that you edited your previous post with better details. This evening (CET+1 here :D ) I will try, thanks a lot

one notice, you should deny user select cpucount and enableht same time because cpucount will override enableht option :) many people think enable both is better but is not :butbut:

oki doki ;)

Maybe this below is a bug, here's how to reproduce.

Create a repository that contains also the @acre2 mod and NO the old @acre mod.

With you a3sync client connect to the repository, check mod, and download all in order to sync with the repository.

At the end of download a3sync will ask you if you want launch the ACRE tools, click yes or no.

2howjo7.png

Then immediately a second pop up will appear asking if you want launh ACRE2 tools

2zrhsg2.png

The first pop up (asking for ACRE) should not appear.

It already exists. See Build Options and Favourite Servers association to autoconfig.

Yes, I already configured this part. I am talking about being able to join a server, adding its repository and downloading its mods (or at least only adding its repository), by clicking an hyperlink which may or may not be a3s://sub.domain.tld/path/to/.a3s/autoconfig.

On the technical note, making Arma3Sync register a file association within windows to handle a3s:// URIs.

Yes, I already configured this part. I am talking about being able to join a server, adding its repository and downloading its mods (or at least only adding its repository), by clicking an hyperlink which may or may not be a3s://sub.domain.tld/path/to/.a3s/autoconfig.

On the technical note, making Arma3Sync register a file association within windows to handle a3s:// URIs.

Is it so complicated to copy-paste the autoconfig url into the Repository Edit panel and click the import button?

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Maybe this below is a bug, here's how to reproduce.

Create a repository that contains also the @acre2 mod and NO the old @acre mod.

With you a3sync client connect to the repository, check mod, and download all in order to sync with the repository.

At the end of download a3sync will ask you if you want launch the ACRE tools, click yes or no.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2howjo7.png

Then immediately a second pop up will appear asking if you want launh ACRE2 tools

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zrhsg2.png

The first pop up (asking for ACRE) should not appear.

ok thanks

Also, after ACRE* tools execution, notice "remember to launch TS as admin" is not necessary and could bring to wrong usage of TS for Acre 2. Some months ago I found a post from one of the mod creators, in the ACRE 2 thread, stating that with Acre2 executing TS as admin could bring to wrong behaviour of the mod.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

OK you are speaking about Modset not Group, that already exists. It's not available from console mode but you can upload to the server from client side GUI => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_mission_maker

I made some test and they failed. All work until I keep opened my arma3sync client. WHen i close it, it loose all configuration about modset/event and if i connect to repository and click on MODSET no events are anyore visible.

Also if I go the event section i can't manage/edit any event.

The issue is related to the fact that in the Upload OPtions there's not an option to specify a path where to go ones the ftp connection is executed. This bring the uploader to put the events file in the root of the FTP server account while the file event should be in repositoryname/.a3s/ folder.

I fixed creating in repositoryname/.a3s/ a symbolic link named events and pointing to the place where the A3sync event ftp uploader put the file.

The symlink is overwritten each time you make a build by the file events, so I have to delete the file events and create again the sim link.

I created a script to help repo admin to make all this stuff without knowing nothing about linux command. Usage is:

command repositoryName

For example my script is named arma3sync_build and repo is named 15bn and repo admin will write: arma3sync_build 15bn

I consider it experimental, use it at your own risk (by the way, my first shell script ever :D, so... ). I have changed the path:

#!/bin/bash
# Effettua il build del repository passato in input
# lasciando intatto il resto del setup. Da lanciare dopo
# aver aggiornato dei file sul repository

cd /absolute/path/to/ArmA3Sync_folder/;
set -x;
java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -build "$1";

rm -f /absolute/path/to/.a3s/events
ln -s absolutepath/where/events/isuploaded/events /absolute/path/to/.a3s/events

set +x;
cd /path/where/you/launched/script/;

Edited by France

Also, after ACRE* tools execution, notice "remember to launch TS as admin" is not necessary and could bring to wrong usage of TS for Acre 2. Some months ago I found a post from one of the mod creators, in the ACRE 2 thread, stating that with Acre2 executing TS as admin could bring to wrong behaviour of the mod.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

I made some test and they failed. All work until I keep opened my arma3sync client. WHen i close it, it loose all configuration about modset/event and if i connect to repository and click on MODSET no events are anyore visible.

Also if I go the event section i can't manage/edit any event.

The issue is related to the fact that in the Upload OPtions there's not an option to specify a path where to go ones the ftp connection is executed. This bring the uploader to put the events file in the root of the FTP server account while the file event should be in repositoryname/.a3s/ folder.

I fixed creating in repositoryname/.a3s/ a symbolic link named events and pointing to the place where the A3sync event ftp uploader put the file.

I know this is very basic knowledge but here it's command in case other need it:

Go to your repositoryname/.a3s/ folder and write:

ln -s absolutepath/where/events/isuploaded ./events

Eyes opened ;)? ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_events_upload.png