major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Yes, you have to host a ftp or http server. Simplest way is to use a nas.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.4 Update 3 Beta 1 now available

This version is for TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the link

Do NOT publish on Armaholic and others sites

Download

Windows installer:

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-4-59.exe

ZIP:

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-4-59.zip

Changelog

Fixed: Console: Check command respond with a wrong message on Linux.

Up this one.

Would be nice to have some feedback from Linux guys.

I really like ArmAsync, but for some reason it doesn't work with my mouse buttons (extra buttons). I have a corsair M95 and have set up my keys on my M95 mouse to better my gameplay experience. But for some reason, whenever I launch Arma 3 with or without mods from ArmAsync my extra mouse buttons never work. Only my two main buttons work (left and right mouse click). When I launch Arma 3 via PW6, steam or via the direct arma.exe, my mouse buttons work. Is there any fix for this?

Edit: Disregard, found a fix.

Edited by Chain

I really like ArmAsync, but for some reason it doesn't work with my mouse buttons (extra buttons). I have a corsair M95 and have set up my keys on my M95 mouse to better my gameplay experience. But for some reason, whenever I launch Arma 3 with or without mods from ArmAsync my extra mouse buttons never work. Only my two main buttons work (left and right mouse click). When I launch Arma 3 via PW6, steam or via the direct arma.exe, my mouse buttons work. Is there any fix for this?

Edit: Disregard, found a fix.

Could you explain what you have done to fix it?

Edited by Major_Shepard

Could you explain what you have done to fix it?

So particularly my brand of mouse has a function where you can either save all the keys via a program (profiler) or you can save the keys to the mouse (install mouse mapping). I used the first option only relying on the program to assign the keys for my mouse. For some reason and I do not know why (obviously a conflict of some sort). Armasync did not recognize the profiler or vice versa. So instead I installed my mouse mapping onto my mouse and because my keys are now hard coded into my mouse Armasync recognizes and responds to my mouse.

TLDR; Armasync was not recognizing my mouse profiler program, nor responding to its commands/presence. So I installed the key mappings to my mouse instead (which worked).

It seems that new development branch update from ArmA 3 now starts BIS launcher with the game. In ArmA3Sync, try to add -noLauncher into Additional Parameters (not tried so far).

Edited by Major_Shepard

It seems that new development branch update from ArmA 3 now starts BIS launcher with the game. In ArmA3Sync, try to add -noLauncher into Additional Parameters (not tried so far).

I've noticed this enforced launcher behaviour in stable branch since yesterday. I've put -nolauncher in the adiitional parameters box of arma3sync and it does work as you hoped. The game launches straight away without the BIS launcher poking it's nose in.

Hi, So I need to change the password on my repository that my community use to download our mods from and i have no clue how to do so. I checked the wiki (The section about mission makers specifically) but it diddnt help at all sadly. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks to the creators of this amazing software!

Owen.

Edited by owenpc

From Repositories Panel select a repo then select Edit button then change the password.

Thanks for the response and i am sorry as i should have been more specific. What i meant was that i need to change the password for the actual repository. We have had many members leave and we need to change the password so that older members can no longer download our updates. I cannot find the tab to do this. Again sorry for not being as specific

Kind Regards,

Owen

Is anyone else unable to start the game through the Arma 3 Sync launcher when using the new Arma3Battleeye.exe?

Thanks for the response and i am sorry as i should have been more specific. What i meant was that i need to change the password for the actual repository. We have had many members leave and we need to change the password so that older members can no longer download our updates. I cannot find the tab to do this. Again sorry for not being as specific

Kind Regards,

Owen

Kind Regards,

Owen

Hi,

I have a question to the upload function of Arma3Sync.

My repository has a size of 17GB.

The Build process works good it just takes round about 4 minutes.

But the first part of the upload process ("Computing files...") takes very long.

Even with no change in the mods it takes 30 minutes just for the step "Computing files...".

After that the normal upload starts.

Is it normal that the first upload part takes so long?

CPU and RAM are on very low load at this time.

The internet connection is 1 GBit.

Problem fixed, with a new server OS and FTP software.

Now it takes just 20 seconds.

Edited by Meiestrix

@BullHorn: it's not a bug, it's a feature ;) Some like to join a server with the required mod pack + some extra local (cheats) addons ;)²

If i've selected which modset I want to use for that parcticular server, why do you then "offer me" the option to choose another modset in addon group? I've created a preset, with server IP, server pass, and server modset I want to use for that server. If I wanted to use some 'cheat' addons, I would just enable them from the Addons tab.

It's only creating confusion, especially when trying to use your software for a huge community.

So here is the issue, we use sync to upload via the build/upload option in sync, to the server we play on and have other members sync up, however the issues is when there is a change such as a new CBA, the files on the server get quite messed up, different @folders get tossed in sub folders of other mods, for example lets say I have 5 folders lets call them @1 @2 @3 @4 @5, and two of them have minor changes to a file, after I hit build and then upload after the build is complete @1 @2 @3 @4 @5 all show up on the server however if you look inside each @folder it will sometimes have @2 in a sub folder of @3 and so on. This is a been an issue sense the recent update of a3sync the issue is only in the uploading of files to our repository on our server. (posted here as requested)

So here is the issue, we use sync to upload via the build/upload option in sync, to the server we play on and have other members sync up, however the issues is when there is a change such as a new CBA, the files on the server get quite messed up, different @folders get tossed in sub folders of other mods, for example lets say I have 5 folders lets call them @1 @2 @3 @4 @5, and two of them have minor changes to a file, after I hit build and then upload after the build is complete @1 @2 @3 @4 @5 all show up on the server however if you look inside each @folder it will sometimes have @2 in a sub folder of @3 and so on. This is a been an issue sense the recent update of a3sync the issue is only in the uploading of files to our repository on our server. (posted here as requested)

Not reproduced here. Be sure that the FTP account has full write permissions on subfolders.

Try to find a simple case to reproduce then provide me with the remote and locales files and access to your ftp.

One of our community's coders fixed the bug where choosing a different mod repository doesn't untick the previously-chosen mods, which more often than not caused problems with connecting to the server. If you're interested, let me know.

This wont work for repo update:

a3s_foldersinuj6.jpg

he dont update the status of the mods when checking. Work for the first folder, the other folders just show the status of the first one.

*edit*

another thing: Sometimes A3S dont send me a message when repo is updated, even when i go to RepoTab and refresh he tells me status "ok". happen most times when the RepoUpdate is only deleting files.

Edited by Numrollen