major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

@BullHorn: it's not a bug, it's a feature ;) Some like to join a server with the required mod pack + some extra local (cheats) addons ;)²

Heh. Well, this 'feature' is unclear and causes a lot of confusion for new members in out community.

I think it would be better the other way around: Make it only enable the modset chosen in the Online tab, but if people want to add additional mods, they should do it separately in the Addons tab instead.

@major i was able to update my other repository, so i dleted the one in question but i am still getting the same error now

Do you have any Exception message in the console when using BUILD and CHECK commands?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

My server is just a Vserver, so the overall I/O are in general quite low.

I was expecting that Armasync only checks for new or changed files and is not doing everything all over again.

I dont get any errors when i build a repo. But CHECK gives me alway the error that i need to rebuild.

Its Debian 7.0.

My server is just a Vserver, so the overall I/O are in general quite low.

I was expecting that Armasync only checks for new or changed files and is not doing everything all over again.

I dont get any errors when i build a repo. But CHECK gives me alway the error that i need to rebuild.

Its Debian 7.0.

What kind of Virtualization engine is it? If your I/O are terrible, the file sharing of your ftp/http server must terrible too ^^

If you hire the virtualized machine (mutualized?) you should definitely change provider.

I have a feature request. Make "online" tab a little bit more clean and feature-rich.

Our case: we have 2 private A3 server. One is running ALiVE with modpack + mappack (modpack / mappack is different repos, hence different "modsets" in terminology of a3s)

Some of people doesn't play with

Second is not running ALiVE and mappack, it's altis-only server with some missions.

Alive is downloaded separately, going to different folder / modset.

Also i whitelisted JSRS and blastcore. Some people (like me) doesn't use JSRS, some prefer playing with it. So we got fourth "modset" - JSRS and/or Blastcore, or none at all

What i'm asking is to convert simple selection of modset in "online" tab to be selection of multiple modsets for server (checkboxes?), and adding additional checkbox to "drop" any mods selected in main window to avoid loading of mods not supported on this particular server.

I have a feature request. Make "online" tab a little bit more clean and feature-rich.

Our case: we have 2 private A3 server. One is running ALiVE with modpack + mappack (modpack / mappack is different repos, hence different "modsets" in terminology of a3s)

Some of people doesn't play with

Second is not running ALiVE and mappack, it's altis-only server with some missions.

Alive is downloaded separately, going to different folder / modset.

Also i whitelisted JSRS and blastcore. Some people (like me) doesn't use JSRS, some prefer playing with it. So we got fourth "modset" - JSRS and/or Blastcore, or none at all

What i'm asking is to convert simple selection of modset in "online" tab to be selection of multiple modsets for server (checkboxes?), and adding additional checkbox to "drop" any mods selected in main window to avoid loading of mods not supported on this particular server.

Do you know that you can create "Event" modset with ArmA3Sync which are customized server modsets that can be selected from Online tab?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

@major i was able to update my other repository, so i dleted the one in question but i am still getting the same error now

Again check server log and firewalls.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.4 Update 3 Beta 1 now available

This version is for TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the link

Do NOT publish on Armaholic and others sites

Download

Windows installer:

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-4-59.exe

ZIP:

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync-1-4-59.zip

Changelog

Fixed: Console: Check command respond with a wrong message on Linux.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hello!

I ran into a little problem right here. I'd like to set up repositories on one of the servers of NFO (nuclearfallout). The problem is that the server (VDS) is on a different IP, and the webhosting is also on a different IP. Is there a solution to make it work?

Just to be clear on the situation: the server IP is (example): 11.111.111.11 and the webhosting is 22.222.222.222. I uploaded a folder to 22.222.222.222/foldername/"lot of addons".

My unit is wanting a mod repository and I do not know how to set one up. If anyone could point me in the right direction to hosting one it would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello!

I ran into a little problem right here. I'd like to set up repositories on one of the servers of NFO (nuclearfallout). The problem is that the server (VDS) is on a different IP, and the webhosting is also on a different IP. Is there a solution to make it work?

Just to be clear on the situation: the server IP is (example): 11.111.111.11 and the webhosting is 22.222.222.222. I uploaded a folder to 22.222.222.222/foldername/"lot of addons".

So what's the matter? Just upload the repository using the upload command of ArmA3sync to the Webserver and you good to go.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

My unit is wanting a mod repository and I do not know how to set one up. If anyone could point me in the right direction to hosting one it would be greatly appreciated :)

Here you are http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._ArmA3Sync

So what's the matter? Just upload the repository using the upload command of ArmA3sync to the Webserver and you good to go.

Well, uploading is OK, but the .a3s folder won't appear in the list. Guess I should contact with a server admin? Afternoon I'll try to take some pictures of how I tried to make a repo.

Allright, it's working now, big thanks. One more thing. I followed the steps in the manual, but i just cannot configure the userconfig. Is there a way to make a different repo for it?

EDIT: Managed to do it.

Edited by Sitrepo

What kind of Virtualization engine is it? If your I/O are terrible, the file sharing of your ftp/http server must terrible too ^^

If you hire the virtualized machine (mutualized?) you should definitely change provider.

Speeds are overall ok.

The server just takes a while with armasync building.

Maybe somethging is miss configured since Check allways fails.I

My group is having problems with the file structure of Sync on the server. We use sync to added/update mods and everything seems fine until you look on the server and the way the mods are installed. It will be a folder inside of a folder over and over. Mod files will be randomly placed throughout these folders. When you run sync as a client to update everything seems fine. But the server cannot run the mods since the file structure is wrong.

My group is having problems with the file structure of Sync on the server. We use sync to added/update mods and everything seems fine until you look on the server and the way the mods are installed. It will be a folder inside of a folder over and over. Mod files will be randomly placed throughout these folders. When you run sync as a client to update everything seems fine. But the server cannot run the mods since the file structure is wrong.

Could you precise how you proceed with updating the addons on the game server?

Could you precise how you proceed with updating the addons on the game server?

We modify the repository directory as needed. Then we choose build in arma 3 sync and upload to server that is stopped.

How do you upload the repository to the server?

We use the option in the sync