major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Wrong url i am pretty sure. Send me the login info by pm.

@Major_Shepard All fixed I think was a problem with my connection But thanks for the help!!!

Hello,

When i want to remove something from a repository how do I go about doing this? I thought I would delete the files and then re-build it and it would say updated but mine just says OK

c41dfd41e96b391ff4498a7b0999a7ca.png

Edited by Tom.Tucka

Yeah it should say UPDATED as it does in fact in the Repositories panel. This is purely a display mistake.

Yeah it should say UPDATED as it does in fact in the Repositories panel. This is purely a display mistake.

Okay so Now it says UPDATED its just "computing files"

50997be38cc742f0672375f571c52719.png

EDIT: So it finally stopped saying Computing Files but now its saying this

4dc7771f5ea33391e62e3fc7d66d25b0.png

So what?

The bar doesn't move at all and after 10 mins or so it goes back to saying updated but none of the mods have changed

!

From the Admin panel, UPDATED means that Build have been successfully done and Revision Number has been incremented, file changed or not.

The computing files phase could take a while if your connection with the server sucks as ArmA3Sync will check every files remotely to determine which one to upload/to delete. But it is a little pain in the ass comparing to a full upload of a 10 GB repo or more. ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.4 Update 2 Beta 1 now available

This version is for TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the link

Do NOT publish on Armaholic and others sites

Download

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-4-55.exe

Changelog

Added: export profile as Desktop shortcut (see Menu -> Profiles -> Shortcut).

Added: User can now set connection timeout and read timeout for a repository (Edit/New Repository -> Advanced button).

Added: Space bar can now be use to check/uncheck mod selection. (Duke Nukem dedicate ;))

Added: ArmA3Sync Console: SYNC command can now use with/without exact file matching. Usage for custom script: Java -Jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "RepositoryName" "TargetFolderPath" True/False (with/without exact match)

Added: ArmA3Sync now force deleting class ModLauncherList content within MyDocuments\Arma3.cfg

Added: Log file can now be exported to desktop if download finishes with errors.

Changed: Default connection timeout set to 10s instead of 5s.

Fixed: Download freezes if transfer file has a zero file size (regression from version 1.4)

Fixed: ArmA3Sync Console: main folder path set to null when creating a new repository from command line (regression from version 1.4)

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

@major All my clients are getting this error

http://puu.sh/g5bjd/713c521fc7.png (122 kB)

Are you sure that the files are in the repository? Just past the url from the message into your web browser.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hello all,

I hope I'm on the right track now !

I have been sent by mr shepard :P

I wanted too ask if someone has a problem with the arma3sync and fail errors like the one I ran into.

I have been looking on the net for a solution or my searching is bad ( don't even answer that ! ). or it is a not know or well documented problem.

Like I said, I tried to make a repository and all works fine it get seen the config works even when I update it get shown all the addons do get seen.

Accept this pain in the neck error I got when I download the files.

Pic:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/281f1mq.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/19xgus.jpg

I had more of them but I got some of the reading out of the AIA_TP mod and that saved me a really big list of errors.

Still I do get the same errors with the CBA mod ( as this also contains the .ccp and the .txt file.

This is what I have tested sofar.

1: Dowload them and reinstall

2: Updated it mp times.

3: Uploaded different times

4: Got the same addons from another repository that worked.

5: Shutdown AV

6: Did the same on my laptop, maybe there was something on the background running, same result.

Yes I did the step by step from this site also !

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_server_administrator

Spent multiple days try to search to fix it , but going now slowly, how the call it in english ?

Apeshit !!!

I haven't find a tut on youtube eighter about making a proper repository, only how to set it up for gaming or getting the mods not hosting them.

Hint ! :P

I might have missed something but not sure.

Like check a box or so ?

Not that I have read that in the explantion of the website.

I hope someone has the key to my problem!

With regards,

KillerBee

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

I just have downloaded the lastest version of Arma3sync and installed it.

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync...ler-1-4-55.exe

Still have problem with the same files.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/28162dh.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2r2adl5.jpg

Again the same files !

Could send me by PM your server login infos?

Is the Web server is managed by your own so that you can access to the config files?

The web server needs to allow partial file transfer (error 416) with is the case by default on Apache/IIS unless you hire a server and the owner do not allow this.

Edited by Major_Shepard

It is from a hired server not mine own (website).

I could ask them what there settings are and if they can change it !

If not I can run a ftp server for now and try it that way.

By the way this error message I recieved with the latest version of ARMA3sync beta.

I'll let know what is rolling out of this, might take a little for response have to be away a few days.

This might be a weird question, but I just noticed this on the screenshot !

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1t7791.jpg (126 kB)

There are 2 // in the page does this mean anything !

By the way the rights were 755 of the folder and 644 of the rest of the content in the folder.

I placed your question at the providers about the config !

How i can sync userconfig folder? Repo builder seems to exclude it by default...

How i can sync userconfig folder? Repo builder seems to exclude it by default...

:confused: did you change something into the Build options?

Ok, there is something weird happening...

I wanted to host my A3 repo files for building on my home NAS because i have pretty limited space on my gaming rig (SSDs)

However, choose folder dialog doesn't see any network-mounted disks (in my case, disk Z:\), and network shares as well (only local) while windows explorer sees them.

I copied exact path of that network share (\\TANK\lex\A3-REPO) into a3s "Repository main folder location", and it started to work.

Bug, maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

:confused: did you change something into the Build options?

I migrated my repo folder to my NAS (see my previous post) and it started to include userconfig when building. Weird.

The browser panel that pops up when pushing Select Button for Main folder location is not the normal Windows one but a Java GUI component. This one does not support mounted drives. I will try to find a third party library as a replacement.

I'm having an issue with Arma3Sync, I was hoping someone might have come across the issue and found a solution.

I installed and setup Arma3Sync to play with my clan, and all seemed well.

However, since that first setup, when I run Arma3Sync, the program doesn't appear, however, it does load as I can see it in my process list.

I've tried the following:

Uninstall, reinstall Arma3Sync

Uninstall, reinstall Java versions 7.75 & 8.xx (forget the latest one, I think .31?)

I've also tried having steam open before running Arma3Sync, however none of the above have solved the issue.

Any suggestions? Any additional info needed?

I'm having an issue with Arma3Sync, I was hoping someone might have come across the issue and found a solution.

I installed and setup Arma3Sync to play with my clan, and all seemed well.

However, since that first setup, when I run Arma3Sync, the program doesn't appear, however, it does load as I can see it in my process list.

I've tried the following:

Uninstall, reinstall Arma3Sync

Uninstall, reinstall Java versions 7.75 & 8.xx (forget the latest one, I think .31?)

I've also tried having steam open before running Arma3Sync, however none of the above have solved the issue.

Any suggestions? Any additional info needed?

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

It's:

Version 1.4 Update 1

Build 1.4.54

*edit*

Tried the Beta, same thing seems to happen.

http://i60.tinypic.com/sx12jp.jpg

Process is there, but no application shows up.

I uninstalled & reinstalled Arma3, but didn't solve it, I'm stumped!

Edited by JCross

Nothing to see with ArmA3. Kill the ArmA3Sync process and show the console content of ArmA3Sync-debug.exe

Did you do something into the profiles folder? Try to delete every files there.

Nothing to see with ArmA3. Kill the ArmA3Sync process and show the console content of ArmA3Sync-debug.exe

Did you do something into the profiles folder? Try to delete every files there.

The new debug run console screenshot is below:

http://i57.tinypic.com/35m4mjd.jpg

Not that I can think of. Just setup a link to my clan's repository and downloaded the files.

*Edit*

Just deleted the profiles folder, uninstalled and reinstalled Arma3sync and it's now working!? So must have been something in the profile? I was using the "default", I'll have to track and see if something I changed caused the issue.

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions Major Shepard, really appreciate it, bon nuit!

Edited by JCross

The new debug run console screenshot is below:

http://i57.tinypic.com/35m4mjd.jpg

Not that I can think of. Just setup a link to my clan's repository and downloaded the files.

*Edit*

Just deleted the profiles folder, uninstalled and reinstalled Arma3sync and it's now working!? So must have been something in the profile? I was using the "default", I'll have to track and see if something I changed caused the issue.

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions Major Shepard, really appreciate it, bon nuit!

If you re-install ArmA3Sync into the same directory, the profiles folder content is still there. So the error still comes up. Fixed the issue for next update.