major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Paste the url into your web browser and you will get your answer. If your server is passworded you can't use autoconfig url.

It's passworded so I can only supply the repo to people if I givevthem the FTP IP and credentials then?

It's passworded so I can only supply the repo to people if I givevthem the FTP IP and credentials then?

Exactly

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

How exactly do I build a repository for an ftp server ? Since i have to choose repository main folder for the files... Or can i just pick one random folder and the just move the .a3s folder on mz ftp server ?

If you don't have a remote desktop access to the host machine, you must build the repo on your PC then upload the all shit to the server using upload command of ArmA3Sync.

Got one guy saying that none of the buttons in A3S are responding to any input, click/hovering. Ever seen this before?

Yeah he just left it running for 20min and then it worked, weird.

hi major_shepard, could i make a small request.

would it be possible to add function of using the spacebar to check and uncheck items in your program?

like in normal windows u can do that. sometimes i find it hard to check or uncheck lots of individual files in the repo panel for update.

thanks for reading!

Hi major_shepard, above request kinda gotten buried from some time in aug 2014, could you work on including it in next update as you said:

ok DN no problem. ;)

Thanks alot, love your program!!!

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Well done!

Is there instruction how i can add my mod pack ?

this might be of help: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._ArmA3Sync

I've installed a clean windows 7, steam with arma, teamspeak, and drivers. I've also installed Java JRE 8, but i still get errors which seems to be java related.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I've been trying to fix this for hours..

When i try to load a repository it says:

Failded to read file /.a3s/sync

IOException caught while copying.

When i press download addons in the repository there goes a couple minutes without anything happening, then i get this message:

Download Finished with errors:

-IOException caught while copying

-Connection closed without indication.

-Connection reset by peer: socket write error

-Software caused connection abort: socket write error.

This a connection problem, presumably bad server conf (too short time out) or firewall blocking connection client side/server side.

Hi, i've build a repository for my files, but when i try to upload it to my ftp server, but whenever I try i get an error message saying: Unable to create remote directory ". error='501 Invalid number of arguments' . What can i do against this ?

Your login account is missing rights to create remote folder. If you don't have access to the ftp config, there is nothing you can do.

mhh that's too bad :/ can any one recommend me a hosting service that i could use ?

Hello everybody (and sorry for the bad English),

First, thanks for this amazing tool. He's very handy and spare me a lot of work.

But one (and only one) of our member has a problem with ArmA3Sync.

When he click on the "Connect to repository" button , the loading take a while and then the message "Failed to connect to repository XXX on URL ftp:ZZZZ" pop-up (with XXX and ZZZZ replaced, obviously).

He uses Windows 8, and java JRE 1.8 x32 is installed.

We've checked :

- The URL, port, and login information, which are OK

- He can log without problem on this repository using filezilla or Chrome

- He tried to shut down his antivirus and his firewall, without difference

- He checked his router config, and the windows security, without difference

- He tried re-installing ArmA3Sync

- The ArmA3Sync debug-mode does nothing different

I didn't found any clue on this topic, and doesn't really know what to tries next. Any help ?

Edited by Bopnc

He may have a poor connection with the server as ArmA3Sync will automatically close connection above 5 seconds if the server does not respond. The server may also automatically close connection depending on time out set. Check the server log and for his IP to see what hapends.

Thanks.

He doesn't have a particularly poor connection, but the connection time using the tool seems to be superior to 5s without apparent reason.

Here is the server log :

Feb 15 12:58:52 sd-55117 pure-ftpd: (?@XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA) [iNFO] New connection from XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA

Feb 15 12:59:00 sd-55117 pure-ftpd: (?@XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA) [iNFO] New connection from XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA

Feb 15 12:59:05 sd-55117 pure-ftpd: (?@XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA) [iNFO] Logout.

Feb 15 12:59:05 sd-55117 pure-ftpd: (?@XX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA) [iNFO] Logout.

Edited by Bopnc

It's ArmA3Sync that is closing connection in your case. Poor connection does not mean low bandwith but high IP packet losses.

I will add the possibility into the next update of ArmA3Sync for user to set manually the connection and read time out.

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

We'll try to find why his connection with the server is so bad, and wait for your new version.

Cheers.

Hello, I have created and uploaded my repository to my ftp, but when I give people the auto config url its taking a long time and not connecting at all, Could I have some help to resolve this problem please?

Also just ran the .bat file and this is what happened

http://abload.de/img/problemcnu4e.png (129 kB)

EDIT: When going to the link in browser it works fine

EDIT 2:Now when i try to connect I get this error

prob2axuo9.jpg

Edited by Tom.Tucka

I had this problem and it was down to lack of permissions. The server I used for the repo wasn't allowing auto config url connections but I could connect via A3Sync otherwise. FileZilla also worked but not A3Sync.

I ended up not bothering in the end as I would've had to set up another server purely for FTP.

Hello, I have created and uploaded my repository to my ftp, but when I give people the auto config url its taking a long time and not connecting at all, Could I have some help to resolve this problem please?

Also just ran the .bat file and this is what happened

http://abload.de/img/problemcnu4e.png (129 kB)

EDIT: When going to the link in browser it works fine

EDIT 2:Now when i try to connect I get this error

http://abload.de/img/prob2axuo9.jpg

If the login is passworded, autoconfig won't work. You must also have an "anonymous" account with read permission on the ftp.

If the login is passworded, autoconfig won't work. You must also have an "anonymous" account with read permission on the ftp.

So if I was to give people the password and user name would this work or if I was to create another user? I'm not sure how to make an anonymous account with read only permissions?

Also are host is Vilayer

Edited by Tom.Tucka

Vilayer won't provide you with anonymous user account.

In this case you just have to fill in url, login, password fields manually (as you would do using FileZila).

Vilayer won't provide you with anonymous user account.

In this case you just have to fill in url, login, password fields manually (as you would do using FileZila).

Okay so that works, but now I cant connect and i'm getting this error

prob2axuo9.jpg

Edited by Tom.Tucka

hey cant check for addons plenty of times over now and all it comes up with is an unexpected error has occurred. try to close and run arma3sync.bat file. i have tried to reinstall it many of times but it doesnt work. would like to get this fixed as soon as possible so i can play with my clan again.

Okay so that works, but now I cant connect and i'm getting this error

http://abload.de/img/prob2axuo9.jpg

Wrong url i am pretty sure. Send me the login info by pm.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

hey cant check for addons plenty of times over now and all it comes up with is an unexpected error has occurred. try to close and run arma3sync.bat file. i have tried to reinstall it many of times but it doesnt work. would like to get this fixed as soon as possible so i can play with my clan again.

Sorry but you won't have it fixed as soon as possible...

Edited by Major_Shepard