major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

You have to select the top level hidden folder and then show extra local content.

Trying, not working ... still Hidden ...

Hello.

When I try using the autoconfig given to me when I uploaded my repository, it says "URL is unreachable".

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi i have been playing with this tool a bit, is there any way or plan to implement in the future to include the server IP and the addon priorities on the repo or event info itself?

I mean, as far as i understand, right now the repo only includes the addons and you can define a series of "events" that are just the exact addons to load. But aditionally would be good to be able to specify the loading order and the server IP to connect on those "events" so users have less things to do, because thats where the problems usually come from, the less user work, and less options for then to fuck up, the better :P

There is already.

From Arm3Sync running on the host machine. Go Online panel -> create a new entry with serverName, IP, port and Event modset. Then go Repositories panel -> select Repository button -> Build options button -> select the entry from Favourite server list -> Build repository. From this point when user will run ArmA3Sync his Join Server combo box will be updated with the new Entry as well as his Online panel content.

For what concerns addons priority, this should never be used as it means there is something wrong with config files of the addons used.

Thx it wasn't obvious at first, i didn't even try to do that :P.

For what concerns addons priority, this should never be used as it means there is something wrong with config files of the addons used.

Not really, there are some addons like AiA, that are designed to overwrite some definitions and rely on loading order. But yeah there are times(sadly its really on like 90% of the addons) that bad config on addons make them to overwrite base classes and fuck everything up, and changing loading order "fixes it"( not really it just hiddes it sometimes ¬¬)

Edited by columdrum

I have a problem with the new version.

I using Linux and update with console (not graphic interface). I connect to the FTP, i upload manually the new files, and i go to the console.

I execute

sudo /home/viper/arma3/ArmA3Sync/ArmA3Sync-console.sh

I list.

Please enter a command = list

Listing repositories

Number of repositories found: 1

Repository name: Cavallers del Cel - A3

Url: ftp://ftp://MI_IP/arma3/.a3s/autoconfig

Port: 21

Login: anonymous

Password: null

Auto-config url: ftp://null

Repository main folder path: null

When i execute BUILD, this every time say me write the root folder.

Please enter a command = build

Build repository.

Enter repository name: Cavallers del Cel - A3

Enter root shared folder path: /var/ftp/arma3/

Set maximum number of client connections (1-10):10

Add file path to exclude from build (leave blank to pass):

Add folder path to exclude extra local content when sync (leave blank to pass): /var/ftp/arma3/userconfig

Add folder path to exclude extra local content when sync (leave blank to pass): /var/ftp/arma3/keys/

Add folder path to exclude extra local content when sync (leave blank to pass):

Build complete: 3.0 % ETC....

Repository build finished.

In the before version, i not have this problem, with my repostory already created, when i execute Build (for update the new content of the FTP), i no need write every time root folder.

I erase and created new reposiitory, but this problem remain.

I miss in your online help, more information on the program, regarding linux console commands.

Well it's not a bug but a change. However there is one with Auto-config url: ftp://null and Repository main folder path: null

Fix coming soon.

Now there is nothing special to say about command lines (Linux, Windows = same thing).

Edited by Major_Shepard

But in the before version, i not need write main root and exclude extra local patch every time, and in this version, every time i execute BUILD, i need write this patchs.

That's why there is automatized Build command from custom script -> Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "RepositoryName" (But currently broken due to things said above).

My english is not good, if i understand correctly, you fix this problem in a futur patch?

You undertand it properly, it will be fix in the next update ;)

What does the TFAR folder structure have to look like so that the TFAR installer wizard automatically picks up the correct folders?

Here is what I have figured out so far:

• The TFAR folder has to be named "@task_force_radio"
  • The plugins folder has to be located at @task_force_radio\plugins, containing "task_force_radio_win64.dll", "task_force_radio_win32.dll" and the "radio-sounds" folder

I was unable to figure out how to structure "@task_force_radio\userconfig" so that its automatically picked up. The only file inside is "radio_settings" at the moment.

Some general comments on the wizard:

• If the path couldn't be picked up automatically and you click on "Select", the folder selection dialogue always defaults to the "My Documents" folder. Defaulting to the configured ArmA3 executable location would ease things here.
  • Some communities keep their own "version" of TFAR in a none-default folder, for example in @ABC_TFAR. It would be of help if the repository admin could set the location of the TFAR folder.
  • Please add the required TFAR folder structure to the documentation :)

And then there is a bug that I came across: When I add a file to my repository that is 0 Bytes in length (so just create a file with no contents), build the repository and then try to update using A3S on the client, the client will endlessly spin the download progress bar and be unresponsive to anything else but closing of the client. The issue disappears as soon as I add something to the file and rebuild the repository. Rebuilding the repository is necessary to "fix" the issue. Using a FTP repository today.

Second bug: When I select to exclude local content from "e:\tvt repository\userconfig" using the build options, not only will local content be excluded in that folder, but also in "e:\tvt repository\@task_force_radio\userconfig" when syncing the repository on a client. The base directory is "e:\tvt repository".

Edited by Gundy

What does the TFAR folder structure have to look like so that the TFAR installer wizard automatically picks up the correct folders?

All correct what you wrote, userconfig must be simply inside @task_force_radio, the exact folder structure we use looks like the following:

@task_force_radio

- addons

- plugins

- userconfig

- task_force_radio_pipe.dll

Some communities keep their own "version" of TFAR in a none-default folder, for example in @ABC_TFAR. It would be of help if the repository admin could set the location of the TFAR folder.

It should work, in TFAR Installer wizard you change paths to "plugins" and "userconfig" folders. By default it points to @task_force_radio, you should be able to change it without any issues.

And then there is a bug that I came across: When I add a file to my repository that is 0 Bytes in length (so just create a file with no contents), build the repository and then try to update using A3S on the client, the client will endlessly spin the download progress bar and be unresponsive to anything else but closing of the client. The issue disappears as soon as I add something to the file and rebuild the repository. Rebuilding the repository is necessary to "fix" the issue. Using a FTP repository today.

Why would you want a 0 Bytes file in the repository?

Second bug: When I select to exclude local content from "e:\tvt repository\userconfig" using the build options, not only will local content be excluded in that folder, but also in "e:\tvt repository\@task_force_radio\userconfig" when syncing the repository on a client. The base directory is "e:\tvt repository".

I can confirm this.

Any plans for built-in compression handling? My group runs a pretty large repo and compression would cut the download times probably in half. I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

Any plans for built-in compression handling? My group runs a pretty large repo and compression would cut the download times probably in half. I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

There is plan to add compression for FTP based repository. If you are not using HTTP based repository I may advise you to move to it as it benefits from differencial update mechanism which significally reduces the amount of data to download.

When selecting mods to make up my repo is it ok to simply add all the pbo/bisign files to one folder named @repo? I would have keys and userconfig files in separate folders in @repo too.

Is that the correct way to have the repo set up?

Ok great thanks.

So I could have the mod folders separate and stick them in a folder labelled "repo" and upload to my site for others to access. I take it the keys and userconfigs go in there too in separate folders?

Ok, when someone downloads the repo through Arma3Sync they'll still have one folder I take it that they then enable in game?

I ask these elementary questions as I'm troubleshooting while I wait for my site disk space to be increased. I want to make sure I get this right :/

If you want your guys to have only one "addon" to launch with the game, the repository struture must be like this:

RepositoryFolderName\.a3s (generated by ArmA3Sync)

RepositoryFolderName\@MyAddon\addons\EveryFiles

RepositoryFolderName\userconfig

RepositoryFolderName\keys

Edited by Major_Shepard

Superb, thanks very much :)

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Just one more quick query please: is a repo set up in this manner acceptable for installing into a server rather than separate @ files, merge with existing keys and adding a separate config?

I know it's off topic but I'm just curious if the format you've presented is universal.

Yes it will go. The joke will come the day you want to remove a specific addon because the big @MyAddon is buggy as hell ;) But don't know what each pbos files stand for :rolleyes:

Edited by Major_Shepard

When I create an addon group under the 'Addons' tab, I am not able to select that group under the 'Online' tab for my servers under the 'Modset' dropdown list.

The only thing I can select under 'Modset' is the addon repository, the only problem is that I don't want to use all the mods in the repository for one of the servers, just the ones I added to my addon group which I created under the 'Addons' tab.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this not the intention of addon groups and modset?

(I am in your team speak channel if you find in easier to send me a message there major_sheppard, my nickname is Apollo)

Thanks in advance..