major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Have you built the repository server side? If no you should have an error message saying "/.a3s/sync" or "/.a3s/serverInfo" missing which is normal. If yes, copy paste the url you have set for you repro from ArmA3Sync to your web brower and check if you can connect.

How do I force Arma3Sync to use my .Arma3Profile and Arma3.cfg? If I add "-profiles=e:\My Stuff\Documents\Arma 3\Arma 3 Server Stuff" (location of my arma profile) in the addition parameters section the profile doesn't load. The picture on the wiki also doesn't really help http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_start_arma3server.png Why would there be two -config parameters? How would the game know which one is which?

How do I force Arma3Sync to use my .Arma3Profile and Arma3.cfg? If I add "-profiles=e:\My Stuff\Documents\Arma 3\Arma 3 Server Stuff" (location of my arma profile) in the addition parameters section the profile doesn't load.

Works for me: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_profiles_additional_parameters.png

The picture on the wiki also doesn't really help http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_start_arma3server.png Why would there be two -config parameters? How would the game know which one is which?

The first one is use for server bandwith configuration https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg it is optional, the second one is the normal config file https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Example_Files. Order must be respected.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.4 Beta 1 now available

This version is for TESTS ONLY

Do NOT mirror the link

Do NOT publish on Armaholic and others sites

Download

ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-4-52.exe

Changelog

- Added: Parallel files download and synchronization for both FTP and HTTP/ZSYNC. To enable this feature, server admin must sets the number connections per clients from Build repository options. ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_sets_clients_connections.png

Server admin may also checkout their server conf. Typically FileZilla server is sets as unlimited number of connections by default, Apache server is sets as 256 connections by default.

- Added: Download and synchronisation through command lines ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_console_sync.png.

User can also use instruction: Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -SYNC "RepositoryName" "Destination Folder Path" within a custom script.

- Added: ACRE 2 installer wizard

- Added: Selectable Look and Feel

- Added: Malloc as Launch options parameters

- Changed: Files synchronization will now keep going and skip to next one if an error happens during download. ftp://62.210.177.238/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_donwload_finish_with_errors.png

- Fixed: Download keep waiting for a file even if server do not transfer data. Time out is set to 30s after witch ArmA3Sync will skip to next file.

- Fixed: Game profile with dots

- Fixed: Favorite Server with "-" character in the name.

- Fixed: Additional Parameters for <path> option

- Fixed: Repository status is set as UPDATED in the Repositories panel even if no file have changed since last build.

UP this one

Edited by Major_Shepard

Well if I wanted to have all 3 configs, what is the proper order? I know you said order must be respected, but it isn't explained what the proper order is supposed to be.

Found a bug in 1.4 Beta 1 with the new Malloc parameter. If you tick it and select a malloc, then leave the malloc selected but untick the option, the parameter stays there. If you select <empty> malloc though it unticks itself and all is good.

I can't seem to update my repository correctly. If I want to update, I have to delete everything from the FTP and re-upload everything again. I think it is because I don't have a shared ftp folder.

Can anyone help me, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

No that isn't the problem. Whenever I put a new mod in my folder and then rebuild the repository, what do I do then?

Depends on if your are building the repository inside the FTP shared folder or locally. In the second case you must upload the repository to the host machine.

I have a lot of addons (around 50 of them and I have renamed their folder names to make it clearer to me what they are if that changes anything?) and I'm just trying to launch the game to the main menu so I can play the campaign and some scenarios, so which addons I have installed doesn't really matter. But the problem I'm running into is when I click start game, ArmA3Sync just minimises and ArmA 3 doesn't actually launch. Any help?

ArmA3Sync 1.4 available

Download

Check for update

Changelog

- Added: Parallel file downloading for both FTP and HTTP based server repository.

- Added: Repository synchronization from command line.

- Added: ACRE 2 installer wizard.

- Added: Selectable Look and Feel.

- Added: Malloc as Launch options parameters.

- Changed: Files synchronization will now keep going and skip to next one if an error happens during download.

- Updated: Wiki has been updated for administrator usage section.

- Fixed: Download keep waiting for a file even if server do not transfer data. Time out is set to 30s after which ArmA3Sync will skip to next file.

- Fixed: Game profile with dots.

- Fixed: Favorite Server with "-" character in the name.

- Fixed: Additional Parameters for <path> option

- Fixed: Repository status is set as UPDATED in the Repositories panel even if no file have been changed since last build.

Edited by Major_Shepard

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Since the latest update, when I launch Arma 3, ArmA3Sync freezes, there is no "not responding" or anything, it just doesn't work. Having RPT Viewer open you can also see it stops working as it should, can't select a file and it stops reading the file.

Since the latest update, when I launch Arma 3, ArmA3Sync freezes, there is no "not responding" or anything, it just doesn't work. Having RPT Viewer open you can also see it stops working as it should, can't select a file and it stops reading the file.

I'm experiencing the same problems with the latest version of ArmA3Sync. I tried launching with compatibility mode, reinstalling java, etc., but it still freezes. Twice I have had to do a hard reboot to clear it. ArmA3Sync was flickering on my display. I also noticed that it does not minimize to the task bar after the game launches. I do have that selected in the preferences. Any chance of downloading the previous version somewhere? It was rock solid for me. Brilliant application by the way! I run all my mod variations now with a few simple clicks.

Happening with everyone I've talked to so far, since the latest update it simply freezes as soon as you press "Start Game". Hopefully we can get a hotfix, this is kinda unbearable (especially when testing a mod and have a nice custom launch params set up). :)

Amazing response! Thank you for fixing it so fast. :)

EDIT: Confirmed, works as intended now.

@Tankbuster You must have already got the hotfixed version.

I'm experiencing the same problems with the latest version of ArmA3Sync. I tried launching with compatibility mode, reinstalling java, etc., but it still freezes. Twice I have had to do a hard reboot to clear it. ArmA3Sync was flickering on my display. I also noticed that it does not minimize to the task bar after the game launches. I do have that selected in the preferences. Any chance of downloading the previous version somewhere? It was rock solid for me. Brilliant application by the way! I run all my mod variations now with a few simple clicks.

Next time you should try a Windows full re-installation first ;)

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Next time you should try a Windows full re-installation first ;)

I'll try that in the future. The app notified me that the update was available so I accepted and updated the last version. BTW, I found the installer for Version 1.3 Update 1 and reinstalled it. It looks like everything is sorted now so I'll download the latest version and do the full reinstall. Thank you for the quick fix and the amazing app. :)

---------- Post added at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

Confirmed. New version works good.