major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Love it! However an issue... I cant use PTT (Push to talk) when I have this open or if i launch the game with it (teamspeak)
Same here.

If I launch game from Arma3Sync I can't use Push-to-Talk in TS3. Otherwise it works fine.

any idea why my repository works if i use smaller addons like CBA and TFAR. But when i go to make the repository with all of our mods. It just stays on "trying to connect". And on the server i get that message above. Any help would be good.

edit. I have the ./a3s folder in the repo. Can provide SS if needed.

Send me your sever info by PM.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Been having a problem with Arma3Sync, something about IOException caught while copying happening a few seconds into the download, anyway I can find out what's causing it? It used to do it occasionally, now the downloads fail everytime.

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and past console content. I guess you have write access restriction on your ArmA3 installation directory and/or ArmA3Sync installation directory.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Same here.

If I launch game from Arma3Sync I can't use Push-to-Talk in TS3. Otherwise it works fine.

Strange. Never heard of it from folks in my team.

Hi i have problem with the app.

i was using it for a while then a stopped playin arma, and now i wanted to play again but i cant launch the arma3Sync. It just wont launch. i tryed to click on updater manualy and this is what it said: An error occured. Cant find update file on repository. Update process aborded.

I even tryed to reinstall it, still doesnt launch.

I really dont know what to do next :(

Edit:

nvm, i guess my computer is trolling me or what. I installed java update and nothing happend, then i did it again and its working....like WTH? :D

Edited by callofmarty

Is there any way of renaming a repo? When the repo was created we named it after our groups' name, but we changed name and want to rename the repo as well.

I tried searching for it but didn't find much so I thought I'd ask :)

If not, since the files will stay the same I guess there wont be any additional downloads for the players if we just re-upload the files to a new repo?

In the Repositories panel the is a Edit button below the blue + button. Then you have to rebuild the repository if you want to update the autoconfig file. Users won't have any file to re-download.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Oh, lol. I'm such a blind_guy.png sometimes :P

Thanks a bunch :)

Is it possible to use a dedicated server with ftp acces as the source of addon update?

Hey Major_Shepard,

When I try to upload the Repository to the FTP I get the following error message:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p67n48dfbwl6gw7/2014-10-28%2022_29_33-ArmA3Sync.png?dl=0

Any Idea what I'm dooing wrong?

Thank you.

Are you sure to build the repository before uploading? Does the "Repository main folder location" is correctly pointing on your local repository?

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Is it possible to use a dedicated server with ftp acces as the source of addon update?

If you can access a FTP server with writing permissions you can use for ArmA3Sync.

Are you sure to build the repository before uploading? Does the "Repository main folder location" is correctly pointing on your local repository?

Good Morning,

Yes, I'm sure. I tried rebuilding the repository many times and has always ended with "Successfull". Also I'm sure that its pointing at the right folder.

So the issue has nothing to do with the FTP server itself, correct? Because I currently suspect my Win10 installation as the reason, while I start everything as administrator (since you can't simpy disable the UAC anymore... -_-) I get wierd behavior all the time (TrackIR, Joy2Key etc can't Autostart. If you do not have any other ideas, I will have to revert back to good old Win7.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but every time I try to install TFAR using Sync, I get a problem with the TS3 plugins. Does anyone else get this error and if so do you guys have plans on fixing it?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but every time I try to install TFAR using Sync, I get a problem with the TS3 plugins. Does anyone else get this error and if so do you guys have plans on fixing it?

Stupid question, but is your TS3 closed or the plugin in TS3 disabled? Because as long as its in Use, it can't be overwritten...

Good Morning,

Yes, I'm sure. I tried rebuilding the repository many times and has always ended with "Successfull". Also I'm sure that its pointing at the right folder.

So the issue has nothing to do with the FTP server itself, correct? Because I currently suspect my Win10 installation as the reason, while I start everything as administrator (since you can't simpy disable the UAC anymore... -_-) I get wierd behavior all the time (TrackIR, Joy2Key etc can't Autostart. If you do not have any other ideas, I will have to revert back to good old Win7.

Could you try running ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe. But yeah Win10 looks like a mess.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

What is the error message? Normally ArmA3Sync should warn you to close TS3 before proceeding.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I had problems before with it not building correctly even though I let it run as admin. I had to go in further and give myself the user rights to run it as admin also. I hope this helps some people.

Twiztid

I have a few issues to report.

1. "Favorite servers" downloaded from repository (added via Options before Build) do NOT function. Servers under Online don't get fetched or if they do, they simply don't work (selecting under Join Server for example, you don't join the server nor will the correct modset be loaded).

2. When more addons have been added to the repository they don't automatically get selected (ticked) under Addon Groups under tab Addons. The folder is is added using "Modsets" button and therefore any added mods with the sync should be selected as well. This is especially important for client-side mods that you can't control if they are running or not via server (if you can do that please tell me how to, I am looking to set up a requirement to run x,y,z mods or same as server is running, client-side only included as well).

Cheers!

Hi there, I am having an issue with my Arma3Sync in that when I am building the modpack it does not include any .zsync files? I have show hidden folders checked so I am really very confused as to what might be causing this?

AJCStriker,

I had the same problem , you have to make sure you are running it as admin, then also right click on the shortcut and click properties, then select the tab security and make sure the user you are logged in with has the permissions for everything, if not edit and give them to yourself. I hope this helps you, it is what finally worked for me. If this does not work Major_Shepard is very helpful and has always responded back to me when I needed help.

Twiztid

Hi there, I am having an issue with my Arma3Sync in that when I am building the modpack it does not include any .zsync files? I have show hidden folders checked so I am really very confused as to what might be causing this?

.zsync files are only generated when transfer protocol is set as HTTP for the repository. If so be sure to have write permissions on the folder that content the repository files.

I'm thankful for this very useful and handy tool.

Arma3:_Startup_Parameters allows "<path>\mission.sqm" (Load a mission directly in the editor...)

I'm unable to use it since ArmA3Sync thinks every space means next parameter, despite the path being in wrapped in " "

both of these Additional Parameters:

"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

-"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

are turned into:

-"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma -3 -Other -Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

Edited by aeroson

Another thing kind of connected to above post is the profile selection. If you have a dot ( . ) in your profile, it gets transfered to "%2e" in game. Is this fixable?

Also, the issues I posted above, are they on to-do list, they get quite annoying when you have a large group.

Hello. I have a question. I am trying to use this to update my mods for the group I am with. However, I am getting kicked from their server, what is happening is I start to download the files, BUT at some point the DL stops and their server drops me. We have tried several different things, I am admin with the program, I have tried dl'ing the pbo's separate and what its liking to do is dl the entire file and then stop. I am basically trying to piece it together now. I have most of the files, BUT there are a few PBO's that are not transferring over.

Any ideas of why its stopping and kicking me? the download bar goes to full and then stops. frustrating!!

Hello. I have a question. I am trying to use this to update my mods for the group I am with. However, I am getting kicked from their server, what is happening is I start to download the files, BUT at some point the DL stops and their server drops me. We have tried several different things, I am admin with the program, I have tried dl'ing the pbo's separate and what its liking to do is dl the entire file and then stop. I am basically trying to piece it together now. I have most of the files, BUT there are a few PBO's that are not transferring over.

Any ideas of why its stopping and kicking me? the download bar goes to full and then stops. frustrating!!

Could you give me your server login info for ArmA3Sync by PM please?

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I'm thankful for this very useful and handy tool.

Arma3:_Startup_Parameters allows "<path>\mission.sqm" (Load a mission directly in the editor...)

I'm unable to use it since ArmA3Sync thinks every space means next parameter, despite the path being in wrapped in " "

both of these Additional Parameters:

"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

-"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

are turned into:

-"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Arma -3 -Other -Profiles\NICK\MPMissions\Test%20Mission.Sara"

Roger that. Didn't know about the <path> run parameter as every others need a "-" to start with.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I have a few issues to report.

1. "Favorite servers" downloaded from repository (added via Options before Build) do NOT function. Servers under Online don't get fetched or if they do, they simply don't work (selecting under Join Server for example, you don't join the server nor will the correct modset be loaded).

2. When more addons have been added to the repository they don't automatically get selected (ticked) under Addon Groups under tab Addons. The folder is is added using "Modsets" button and therefore any added mods with the sync should be selected as well. This is especially important for client-side mods that you can't control if they are running or not via server (if you can do that please tell me how to, I am looking to set up a requirement to run x,y,z mods or same as server is running, client-side only included as well).

Cheers!

1. It appears that the Join Server combo box is not updated the first time one's import the autoconfig file. After closing and restart ArmA3Sync, it does work. If you have trouble joining the server, checkout the firewall on the host machine. ArmA3Server.exe must be allowed on both in and out connections.

2. This is normal behaviour. You should use Join Server Combo box along with prefered modset selected. => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_favorite_server_with_attached_repository.png This will start ArmA 3 with the required mods.

Could you give me your server login info for ArmA3Sync by PM please?

I will ask the group if they mind and let ya know.

1. It appears that the Join Server combo box is not updated the first time one's import the autoconfig file. After closing and restart ArmA3Sync, it does work. If you have trouble joining the server, checkout the firewall on the host machine. ArmA3Server.exe must be allowed on both in and out connections.

2. This is normal behaviour. You should use Join Server Combo box along with prefered modset selected. => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_favorite_server_with_attached_repository.png This will start ArmA 3 with the required mods.

1. What about when you already have the repository in, shouldn't servers sync when you sync the repository? Because it does not work after restarting ArmA3Sync. There is no trouble joining the server, I am a server admin, everything works nicely, you can join for the first time the server gets added via ArmA3Sync (auto-config import), but after some time it stops auto-joining (maybe 1 restart, I am not sure, haven't tested).

2. Linked with above, if there is no server getting added, you can't really do that. When you select it it does select them all though, even when you restart ArmA3Sync and "Join Server" box doesn't even get clicked. Perfect, I wasn't really aware of this as you can't use it without the above. Or I am missing something terribly.

EDIT: Did more testing, when you import auto-config all servers get added correctly (same modset name as well). But selecting them in "Join Server" box doesn't select the modset. Even when you manually click on it and change it a couple of times and restart ArmA3Sync still doesn't work. It also doesn't join the server upon launch. If you check under Launcher Options tab and select one of the auto-config servers, it won't add the required lines (eg. -connect -port -password).

If you add the server manually everything works brilliantly, but auto-config one doesn't work in any way, you can mess around with it and everything, restart ArmA3Sync multiple times, it won't work.

Also to note, it's happening to many (not sure if everyone) in our community. It is also a good service to make sure every client-side mod is running as well, so it would be nice if we could find a way to make it work.

EDIT 2: Performed even more testing and found a very very interesting thing, solved the issue with it. Server "description" under "Online" tab can NOT have a dash "-", as soon as I removed the dash it started working, didn't even need to restart ArmA3Sync. Added the dash again (in any place) it stopped working. Removed it, back to working.

It even works with [] for example.

The thing still missing is updating Online tab on every sync though, not just when auto-config is imported as that normally happens only first time and then you can't edit it anymore. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Jonpas
Added more info from testing