major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hi all,

I'm coming into new trouble with a new IIS web server and files into the .a3s folder.

I managed to fin a workaround for some files with no extensions (into the "type MIME" menu and add file extention "." with type "applications/octet-stream") and manage to use the autoconfig.

But now the problem is with ".a3s/sync" file that is not recognized by arm3sync (error 404) when I check the repository.

Anyway I can download this file with no errors with an internet explorer.

Is someone manage to work with IIS6 ?

thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

sebj

Thanks a lot. I've already done the MIME modification but I'll give a try for the authentication part.

if no solution I'll try to see for apache server... (maybe more difficult but I love the danger :))

Hey just gotta ask quickly, is there a way to increase uploading output when creating your own island pack and hosting it on our own repository?

We have fluctuating speeds and some people can't even get it above 1 mb/sec, is this server sided or is this because of limitations in A3Sync?

Great tool for downloading mods nonetheless

Again there is no limitation regarding ArmA3Sync with downloading and uploadling for both FTP and HTTP transfer. See my previous screen shots.

I am currently adding support for parallel file transfer which may help.

Now from my experience with datacenter companies I'm sure they do limit bandwith especially when it comes with "mutualized" and the like hosting offers with no guarantee on the bandwith/server availabilty.

Edited by Major_Shepard

My A3S keeps losing its profile settings everytime I restart it, any ideas?

Checkout your file access permissions on ArmA3Sync installation directory. Be sure to run with administrator priviledges.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is support for console commands ?

Goal: Being able to download the latest updates from a specific repo as part of a batch-script on our server. (possibly even without starting the GUI, or being able to automatically close the GUI after it did it's thing)

Thanks

kamaradski

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is support for console commands ?

Goal: Being able to download the latest updates from a specific repo as part of a batch-script on our server. (possibly even without starting the GUI, or being able to automatically close the GUI after it did it's thing)

Thanks

kamaradski

You can administrate a repo from console running ArmA3Sync-console.bat/ArmA3Sync-console.sh script

You can also create you own sript for automatic build of the repository using

java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -build "NameOfTheRepository"

java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -check "NameOfTheRepository"

Edited by Major_Shepard

Cool thanks, : Slapping myself in the face for not checking any of the files before asking on the forum.

However, Is it possible this is somewhat broken ? As i cannot seem to get it to work properly.

C:\apps\ArmA3Sync> java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -check "AhoyWorld_Modded"

Check repository.

Checking repository...

File /.a3s/sync not found on repository url:

repo.ahoyworld.co.uk/modded

Though the repo works fine if i run it from the gui ?

Also after running the "check" is there also a "download" command for the console, that would re-sync my local files from the remote ?

PS: i'm executing this command on a windows 2008 R2 server and the repo is hosted on vsftpd server running Ubuntu Linux

You must run ArmA3Sync on the machine hosting the repository when using the console command. In your case install ArmA3Sync on the Ubuntu machine and open a SSH/RCP Unix terminal from the Windows server/your PC.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Because I'm such a top bloke I'll share this with you guys, that I figured out by chance. Slow ftp file speed - FIX!!!

If you're using Filezilla FTP Server (as I am) as your FTP or you know where your settings are that are equivalent.. do the following:

Goto: Edit > Settings > Miscellaneous and change "Socket buffer size:" to "512000" and then hit OK, reload your Arma 3 Sync and possibly your FTP server and enjoy super speeds. Not sure why this is causing an issue with FTP downloads but it is. 256000 may work also. I did also change my duplex in the network adaptor to the highest setting, though alone this did not increase speeds, only after I changed the Socket buffer size did it help. I read that if you set this too high it can cause performance issues. Don't forget that your speeds will be limited by the max read speed of the drive it is on, this means if you max out the read speed of the drive through downloads you will lag out all of your servers. If you want to work out your speed, copy a large file (zip is usually best) from one location on the drive to another location, if possible copy between separate drives.

No longer are we stuck with downloads of 2.5mbs, I'm maxing out my own connection @ 6.7mbs and others have had their top speeds of around 10mbs. Not had anyone with a better connection to test, remember also that speed will fluctuate on small files as it just can't get the legs going before the file is downloaded. I did all my benchmarking downloads with CAF1.5 as that has quite a few chunky files that let my connection get to top speed. Another good one is the AllinArma terrain pack.

@Major_Shepard - Parallel downloads will definitely help those experiencing the problem I was having, if they don't do the fix above - great you are doing this though, as my fix may not be a fix all for everyone.

The only issue we have now is that checking for addons can be painfully slow, upwards of a few minutes. Especially if someone else is currently downloading or checking for addons, an odd problem! Not sure if refreshing the ftp server or arma 3 sync speeds it up, seemed to when we tried it but maybe coincidence

The only issue we have now is that checking for addons can be painfully slow, upwards of a few minutes. Especially if someone else is currently downloading or checking for addons, an odd problem! Not sure if refreshing the ftp server or arma 3 sync speeds it up, seemed to when we tried it but maybe coincidence

This is due to Socket Buffer Size you have changed as it generates longer server timeout (i.e the server has slow reactivity against simultaneous connections) => https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16311

I was getting this issue before I changed it mate, maybe its too high now.

Props to you for always answering your thread btw.. you don't see that often.

I really appreciate your program :)

You must run ArmA3Sync on the machine hosting the repository when using the console command. In your case install ArmA3Sync on the Ubuntu machine and open a SSH/RCP unix terminal from the Windows server/your PC.

Thanks again for the swift and clear reply. The solution is now clear.

Unfortunately i will not use this solution, as i was searching for a easy way to periodically check and update the repo on our server, without manual interaction.

In my arma3updater script we use on our servers, i make a cleaning of the arma-files to get rid of any garbage collection by mirroring a clean updated install to all our server instances. This also get rid of any mods, keys and userconfig etc.. i wanted the same script to automatically redownload the files from the repo.

Guess it will be quicker to use the native windows ftp-client to perform this action, and to get rid of arma3sync on the server all together, as the only functionality i need is to pull the files from the repo, i am not using it to start our server, or make any configuration to it.

Really thanks for your replies, this is much appreciated !

Also even if not used on our servers, the a3sync is extremely useful on a client PC, apart from the repo i use it as my main launcher, credits to you !

I was getting this issue before I changed it mate, maybe its too high now.

Props to you for always answering your thread btw.. you don't see that often.

I really appreciate your program :)

Basically when you check for Addons ArmA3Sync will retrieve the single /.a3s/sync file and then perform the all files comparison locally on the client PC. If your server has a high latency for responding to FTP request, ArmA3Sync will keep waiting for the sync file (timeout is 15s).

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Thanks again for the swift and clear reply. The solution is now clear.

Unfortunately i will not use this solution, as i was searching for a easy way to periodically check and update the repo on our server, without manual interaction.

In my arma3updater script we use on our servers, i make a cleaning of the arma-files to get rid of any garbage collection by mirroring a clean updated install to all our server instances. This also get rid of any mods, keys and userconfig etc.. i wanted the same script to automatically redownload the files from the repo.

Guess it will be quicker to use the native windows ftp-client to perform this action, and to get rid of arma3sync on the server all together, as the only functionality i need is to pull the files from the repo, i am not using it to start our server, or make any configuration to it.

Really thanks for your replies, this is much appreciated !

Also even if not used on our servers, the a3sync is extremely useful on a client PC, apart from the repo i use it as my main launcher, credits to you !

Indeed there is currently no file synchronisation command within ArmA3Sync console mode as it was designed to manage a repository locally.

Now I could add this feature if really needed.

Is there anyway you can support a different protocol for checking the .a3s/sync file to alleviate this problem? Is there anything we can do? As above we were getting this issue prior to the buffer change

Try with a web server on the host machine as ArmA3Sync support HTTP. But pretty sure your sever provider sucks.

Major_Shepard,

I have finally figured out why the program was not producing the sync files and hope to have the repo up tomm at some time. My dedicated web server I have had the same company for almost a decade and am friends with the owner ( no not some fly by night web host, they up there with the top ones) I know what speeds I can get out of my web server so I will let you know what speed's I can get. I also want to also say thank you for all your time and effort you put into your programs and responding on the forums with everyones questions, you are one of a few that still do , so thank you.

Twiztid

Anyone willing to help me get this setup on my Webserver? cant get it to work for the life of me

Anyone willing to help me get this setup on my Webserver? cant get it to work for the life of me

Webserver of what kind? And what exactly is not working for you?

Hey guys.

Im having some trouble with the .a3s/sync file.

when i do a new build, and upload or try to connect to the repo, on our FTP

i allways get the error message:

"Failed to read file /.a3s/sync

invalid type code:00

i have tried to upload all mods and a3s to the ftp manualy with Filezilla, so i can verify that they are in fact on the ftp.

I haven't been able to find a solution or even the problem asked anywhere.

So i really hope somebody can help

BossMan-