major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I noticed a little something lol

When you click on "Launcher Options" and press the "Select"-button (Arma III Executable Location) and then click "Abort" the location will be deleted. No big deal, but would be more comfortable if it stays ;)

Thanks for the great software, like it alot!

Is it possible to have some files ignored when checking against a repository? In our community some files are optional but moving them from one folder to another shows as though the repo has updated because there's a different in the file tree.

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the launcher. Whenever I try to launch my game I get an error: Application load error P:0000065434

Any idea what might be causing this and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the launcher. Whenever I try to launch my game I get an error: Application load error P:0000065434

Any idea what might be causing this and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

When you run arma3.exe directly what happens? Also check out arma 3 Executable location from Launcher options panel.

I noticed a little something lol

When you click on "Launcher Options" and press the "Select"-button (Arma III Executable Location) and then click "Abort" the location will be deleted. No big deal, but would be more comfortable if it stays ;)

Thanks for the great software, like it alot!

ok, thanks

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Is it possible to have some files ignored when checking against a repository? In our community some files are optional but moving them from one folder to another shows as though the repo has updated because there's a different in the file tree.

No is not possible currently. What you could do right now however is to create to 2 repositories: 1 for required files, 1 other for optional files.

Does A3S in someway check if files are already on the FPT, not having to upload it?

I added AiA to the FTP earlier this week because we were eventually going to switch over, and now when I'm updating (with exactly the same files I transferred earlier) - It still wants to upload 8gb.

How did you add AiA files into the repository? You must update the .a3s folder inside the repository for change to be taken into account.

1. Build locally the all repository on your PC.

2. Update the repository using the built-in uploader. Only new/updated files will be updated this way.

They were manually added through Filezilla, just to be kept there until we actually updated. I was using the built-in builder/uploader

I've been trying to download part of a repository and anytime it starts downloading. It eventually stops downloading.

It gives me no error or problem it just looks like it's still downloading without downloading. I've tried everything from reinstalling everything, turning off my firewall, etc.

Any ideas :(?

I should add that it only really happens when it's a bigger downloaded 1GB+

If it's something >250-500MB it'll usually go all the way through. So I'm not sure if it has something to do with multiple files being downloaded or what have you.

Edited by Ty601

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and copy paste here the console content.

DevMode=false

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_67

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.3.50

Connection to Armas 3 Respository success.

Connection updates repository Success

ArmA3Sync Available update version 1.3.50

Connection to TCGA3 success.

That doesn't help, I need to see what is written in the console when you download the "1GB+" file.

That doesn't help, I need to see what is written in the console when you download the "1GB+" file.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I ran it while downloading + when it stopped and I still didn't get any additional messages.

I'm not the server admin.

I'm trying to download a mod pack/map pack via the repository for my clan. When I connect to the repository everything connects correctly. I'm able to download smaller files but for reason bigger files won't fully download. I can see that it's writing some data into the folder but it'll stop downloading and not write all of it. I'm going to try troubleshooting it more myself because I'm the only one with this problem it seems.

This happened before and after multiple times of fiddling I managed to somehow make it through.

Hi Mayor, good work as always :-)

I'm here to write an idea, don't know if you think this will be helpfull for someone else.

In my clan there's someone that doesn't have a pc suitable to play with arma 3... someone still got ddr2 and very old cpu... When AiA TP comes out some weeks ago I noticed there's an option for use the "quality" pack and the "lite" pack.. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182072-All-in-Arma-Terrain-Pack-(AiA-TP)-A1-A2-OA-terrains-from-BI-in-A3 the lite for have better performance on old pc..

So I start wondering how to use this with arma3sync.. But the only solution is @AIATPHQ and @AIATPLITE and make people download both and then decided which use.. And it's a waste of space on their hdd and maybe they also can make the mistake to launch them both.. Do you think that can be interesting make an option like for tfar and acre, maybe a popup that ask you: download the lite or the hq? And then put one of them in @AIATP ? I can share on ftp both version and the user will choice to download one of them..

Maybe it's a stupid idea :D

Sorry if this has been asked already, but cannot find it within the 71 threads :cool: Can anyone recommend a free FTP hosting service which allows the annonymous connections. My hosting provider will not allow this meaning I'm stuffed configuring my Public access.

Any Ideas on how to remove the error message after a server crash ("arma3server.exe has encountered a serious problem..."). The autorestart does not work because of this.

Any Ideas on how to remove the error message after a server crash ("arma3server.exe has encountered a serious problem..."). The autorestart does not work because of this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx0Dy8orXoSTUW5DUndJVFJBQ0E/edit?usp=sharing

DontShowErrorUI for remove the error message

Revert DontShowErrorUI restore the error message

;)

Hello guys

I am making a repo for my small group of friends to play together and i would like to know how to sync the userconfig and key folders together with the addons? is there a way to add them to the repository?

thanks in advance.

"keys" folder is only used by the server, client do not need it.

as for the userconfig, our group makes a zip file to extract

The best way is to put the userconfig folder inside the repository, like this => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository/

When sync, user have to set Default destination directory as ArmA3 directory for userconfig folder to be placed correctly.

You can put also the keys server files if you use the repository to sync with your arma 3 server.

Edited by Major_Shepard

me again :D

I have some problems when adding several servers to update them. In the repo, changing the directory wont update it, it will still show the status in the last directory. ATM we use ftp, do you suggest to use sync over web?

me again :D

In the repo, changing the directory wont update it, it will still show the status in the last directory.

Changing which directory? If your are doing manual modification into the repo you must re-build the repository with the correct main folder location.

ATM we use ftp, do you suggest to use sync over web?

Yes, you may expect faster updates due to lower amount of data to transfer.

Edited by Major_Shepard