major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Well actually the first problem I had with it was on windows with a linux ftp, as the FTP didn't allow users to read hidden files. But that's all fixed now

Hi !

I have my mods on my ftp server, and after multiple try, how to set the "Repository main folder location" from my FTP ? When i click on select, the window show my pc, I click on my ftp shortcut but i don't see the folders...

It's a rented FTP with my website.

Sorry for my bad english.

En français

J'ai mis mes mods sur mon serveur FTP, mais je n'arrive pas à paramétrer le "Repository main folder location", quand je clic sur select je voit tout mon PC, je clic sur le raccourci "emplacement reseau" de mon serveur dtp mais je ne voit aucun dossier. Comment fiare ?

Le FTP est chez un hébergeur où il y a mon site.

It is not possible to build the repository remotely that way. As you don't have access to the host machine from a remote terminal/remote desktop, you have to do the following:

1. Select a folder on your hard drive let say c:\repository and put addon folders into it

2. Build the repository with main folder location c:\repository

3. Upload the repository to the remote location using the upload command. Be careful: Let say your repository has been created with url ftp://blabla.fr/A/B/repository, the remote folder /A/B/repository must exists on the ftp before starting upload.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync v1.3 Update 1

Download

Check from update from the help menu.

Or use Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-3-50.exe

Changelog

- Added: Exact match option into repository synchronisation panel: use this option if you want to compare strictly with the repository content.

- Added: -enableHT and -checkSignatures as launch options.

- Added: Launch game/server with auto-restart (see launch options panel).

- Fixed: Repository FTP upload failded with corrupted files tree structure if repository folder does not already exists on the remote FTP server.

Edited by Major_Shepard

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

hi major_shepard, could i make a small request.

would it be possible to add function of using the spacebar to check and uncheck items in your program?

like in normal windows u can do that. sometimes i find it hard to check or uncheck lots of individual files in the repo panel for update.

thanks for reading!

Hi guys, what does enableHT do? Also, is there a way to get a dark skin/themed version?

Enable HT will makes ArmA 3 use every threaded core of the cpu. i.e if you have a i7, ArmA 3 will use 8 core instead of 4.

For the theme, nope you can't right now, but I could try to add this possibility of customization.

Have a look:

Aluminium

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_jtattoo_AluminiumLookAndFeel.png

Acrylic

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_jtattoo_acrylLookAndFeel.png

Black light

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_jtattoo_HiFiLookAndFeel.png

Black dark

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_jtattoo_NoireLookAndFeel.png

Edited by Major_Shepard

Cool! I am really loving the black light. Ok, Major_Shepard, one last question, do you recommend we use the other launch options such as: Maxmemory, Cpu Count, and exThreads? Is there really a noticeable difference with these options activated?

Edited by chondo999

Just set exThreads to max and enableHT. BIS said it gives noticeable improvements in performances but there is no benchmark out there.

Hi all,

I apologize before hand for the long post but I believe some background information would be most helpful to potential assistance in clarifying what I am attempting to achieve.

My objective and end result is a system where the administrator of our managed game server (me) will be able to have a master list of addons that the server runs. This master list can be modified through adding/removal of addons, addon updates and hotfixes as they came along and are requested by the group. Most importantly whenever the master list is modified. Players of our group are able to very simply connect to the repository on their Arma 3 sync clients to update their addons while the A3 Sync client does the file movements for them.

Back story:

I recently rented out a managed game server with a number of slots so that a small group of friends and I could play (~8-12 people). Although I do not have direct control of the machine I can upload and download files via an FTP using a program such as Filezilla. Currently in the process of uploading all of our mods and attempting to get the server to work. That however is a conversation for another forum.

One of the other main reasons of renting the server is so that I could create a repository utilizing Arma 3 Sync that will allow my group to synchronize our addons. We've had problems recently with everyone having different versions and hot fixes due to the recent Arma 3 patch. Some of the friends in my group aren't exactly the most technically proficient bunch so updating/installing addons has become a real chore with 1 on 1 coaching/remote-assistance/screen-sharing etc.

Utilizing this game server that I have rented out, can someone provide me a step by step process of setting up this repository? I've attempted to educate myself on the process of creating one but concentrated information seems to be lacking somewhat. Not to mention the seemingly plethora of different ways people are hosting servers.

Could someone kindly post an explanation of how to setup this repository utilizing the tools that I have? Ultimately achieving what I laid out in the beginning of my post?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and I appreciate your patience in reading through this post.

In your case you have to manage the repository on your PC then upload the files at every updates. To do so:

1. Create a directory in your hard drive that will store the addons files, let say c:\repository

2. Add the addons files into c:\repository

3. Run ArmA3Sync -> repositories -> New -> Provide info, especially the remote repository url for your FTP server let say ftp://44.66.44.6/repository

4. Select the new entry into the list -> Connect to repository

5. Select Repository button from the right hand side

6. Select c:\repository into Repositorty main folder location

7. Select build. The buid process will launch

8. Select upload. The local repository content c:\repository will be uploaded to the repository url ftp://44.66.44.6/repository

For updating the remote repository, just redo steps 2,7,8

Note that only new or updated files will be uploaded when you update the repository.

Edited by Major_Shepard

In your case you have to manage the repository on your PC then upload the files at every updates. To do so:

1. Create a directory in your hard drive that will store the addons files, let say c:\repository

2. Add the addons files into c:\repository

3. Run ArmA3Sync -> repositories -> New -> Provide info, especially the remote repository url for your FTP server let say ftp://44.66.44.6/repository

4. Select the new entry into the list -> Connect to repository

5. Select Repository button from the right hand side

6. Select c:\repository into Repositorty main folder location

7. Select build. The buid process will launch

8. Select upload. The local repository content c:\repository will be uploaded to the repository url ftp://44.66.44.6/repository

For updating the remote repository, just redo steps 2,7,8

Note that only new or updated files will be uploaded when you update the repository.

Thanks a bunch Major_Shepard. Really cleared things up.

Ok so i built it, and uploaded it, but when i put in this for auto config,

--ftp://142.0.41.156/Users/Administrator/Desktop/@[QS]/.a3s/autoconfig--

i get cant connect to url. it dont work what am i doing wrong.

Even know when i make the repo, i click annoymous, and i connect to repo, it says login wrong....

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

ok so i logged in, the repo is in c:/takilife its in a shared folder, when i build it, it has .a3s in the c:/takilife, but when i click upload, it uploaded/copys it to my desktop and when i try the auto config url ftp://142.0.41.156/takilife/.a3s/autoconfig

it says autoconfig url unreachable.

The correct url of your repository is ftp://142.0.41.156 so that the autoconfig url is ftp://142.0.41.156/.a3s/autoconfig

In the Repositories panel, Edit the Takistanlife RPG [QS] entry and set the correct url. Otherwise Create a new folder "takilife" into the ftp and move the repository content into it.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I'm using arma3sync for quite some time now and never said thank you... so, thanks for your work, good job.

I also have a small feature wish: Would it be possible to include a feature that lets you select a mission from your missions folder, which then gets pasted into the start parameter automatically? This would be really helpfull for modders, as you often have to repeatedly load up the game to check something in different tailor made missions.

It does not seem that arma3.exe can takes a mission as a startup parameter :confused:

Edited by Major_Shepard

The correct url of your repository is ftp://142.0.41.156 so that the autoconfig url is ftp://142.0.41.156/.a3s/autoconfig

In the Repositories panel, Edit the Takistanlife RPG [QS] entry and set the correct url. Otherwise Create a new folder "takilife" into the ftp and move the repository content into it.

in the c drive i have the takilife folder, and inside it is the .a3s and it still wont work.

What doesn't work ? Be carefull with the repository url (set from the Repositories panel) and the upload url (set from the Admin panel).

Use your web browser to explore the ftp struture.

Example:

Local repository folder is c:\repository

upload url: ftp:/.../A

=> The content of c:\repository is uploaded inside ftp:/.../A

Edited by Major_Shepard