major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

OK.

So I have done 2 tests on your ftp:

1- I created a folder named TEST on your repository then uploaded successfully my local repo to the remote target ftp://..../TEST. Check for Addons and download worked fine.

2- I directly upload my local repo to the remote target without creating the TEST folder on the ftp => upload failed with wrong remote file structure.

OK, thanks I think I know the problem now. Let me test my theory.

Edit

Creating the folder on the FTP before uploading the file fixes it.

Edited by MysticalPony

Well I also try to upload on my FTP, I get the same result.

So as a workaround for now, just create the repository folder on the FTP before uploading the files.

Fixed for next update.

Use WINSCP or whatever to upload the repository. Be sure to set binary transfer mode before uploading.

Yeah uploading a using a FTP client now. Any idea why arma3sync did that?

Edit

Even after using a FTP client I still get "Repository is out of synchronization and must be rebuilt".

To late I'm doing the whole thing. :(

Edit: It did not work

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

The repository is synchronized but I'm now getting

http://gyazo.com/f91fc6c3ede2ae07a925c5a7d2fd3846

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

Repository status

http://gyazo.com/70139d43e2979dc31b3a933f57b390a4

http://gyazo.com/1772ff8cc73b0bdf37d794c595b17a57

Edited by MysticalPony

Now on the server, we tipically edit the config file and set the checkSignatures=0/1, it's not what you do ?

from Arma Wiki :

-checkSignatures       Introduced to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in .rpt file.

the start parameter -checkSignatures has nothing to do with server signatures check

but is very useful to check if signatures are working

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

Edited by maquez

To late I'm doing the whole thing. :(

Edit: It did not work

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

The repository is synchronized but I'm now getting

http://gyazo.com/f91fc6c3ede2ae07a925c5a7d2fd3846

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

Repository status

http://gyazo.com/70139d43e2979dc31b3a933f57b390a4

http://gyazo.com/1772ff8cc73b0bdf37d794c595b17a57

Working successfully here, I expect you set the wrong url for the repository in ArmA3Sync, which may also have something to do with the upload.check your PM.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Working successfully here, I expect you set the wrong url for the repository in ArmA3Sync, which may also have something to do with the upload.check your PM.

Ok thanks, the url was the problem.

excellent tool. A really nice addition for me would be an auto restart after crash (for when I use ArmA3Sync to launch our linux server)

Yeah that's possible for both Windows and native Linux. User could also set date/time for auto restart. I was thinking to add this in the Launch options Panel.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi Major_Shepard, with the addition of mod from Workshop, it is possible to add them in the addon selection in preset event ? Like in available addons...

Thanks again for your awesome tool :).

So far as I know it is not possible as BIS doesn't provide informations on how to grap addon from Steam workshop for third party tool.

But in fact addons from WS are at the root of arma 3 folder. I can choose them from the window "Avalaible Addons" in addons and put them in an addon group as any addon. Its not a problem to launch them with Arma3Sync. Just if i want to create a modset with them in i cant cause they not in addon selection in the events tab...

I think in the modset tab you can choose addon from your repository and its logical because before WS all your mod come from your repository (in fact not systematically...Now i'm thinking of it, all mod directly dropped in your arma3 folder can't be in your modset...), but now we can have from workshop and repository...

If we can have an option to choose from where (Repository main folder location or the list of available addon) we want to get our mod for our modset it would be cool :).

I hope i have not failed to explain what is my problem XD and i hope you can do something. Thanks again :).

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this repository and FTP server stuff so bear with me.

A group of friends and I play Arma 3 weekly and we have a host of mods that we like to use.

The problem however is that some of the guys that play with us aren't necessarily the most computer savvy guys. They easily make mistakes and get frustrated when downloading updates/fixes/changes or anything that has to do with our mods.

It's gotten to the point now where a lot of us all have different versions and just aren't on the same page anymore with the mods. (You can imagine we haven't been coping with Patch 1.24 very well)

As I understand it Arma 3 Sync allows us to host an FTP server that will hold a "master set" so to speak of everything that we need. With a couple administrators updating the mods. As they are updated everyone elses mods should also update.

Is this a correct assumption? And if so does anyone have any recommendation in how to setup a FTP server that will work with Arma 3 Sync. There seem to be a plethora of options ranging from software, personal PC hosting and even 3rd party hosting. Does anyone have a solution set that they believe would solve our problem?

Any help and insight is much appreciated.

ArmA3Sync supports both FTP and HTTP files sharing.

The best way is to hire a dedicated server to host both ArmA 3 server to play on and a FTP or a HTTP server for files sharing.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync supports both FTP and HTTP files sharing.

The best way is to hire a dedicated server to host both ArmA 3 server to play on and a FTP or a HTTP server for files sharing.

Gotcha, do dedicated gaming servers for hire usually include FTP/HTTP file sharing functionality or is that something separate I should do?

Nope they usually don't. But be aware that if you hire a FTP/HTTP server you will have to build the addon repository on your machine and upload the shit to the server. Whereas if you hire a dedicated server to which you install the FTP/HTTP server, you will be able to download addon directly from the server and build the repository remotely.

Edited by Major_Shepard

This "hidden" .a3s dir have always been a root cause for issues :). Have you ever thought of another solution?

There is no issue at all on Linux machines (tested Ubuntu and Fedora) regarding the hidden .a3s folder for reading/uploading. Simply because the visibility only conserns users. Any program ruinning on the machine like ArmA3Sync can access a hidden file. Same thing on Windows. No idea about MacShit.

Edited by Major_Shepard