major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I think I am not the first one to notice that, but A3S has some kind of problems with AllInArma I guess. The reason should be the missiong .cpp files of AiA. The result is that AiA is not put in the modset and we can't launch ArmA with A3S. Maybe there will be a solution in the future :)

When using AiA (do not miss with AiA standalone), Game Version must be set as "ArmA 3 - AiA" (see the wiki).

I didn't try AiA for a while, will try to see If something has change.

And I also have a - more logical - problem. The repository is stored on a Win 2012 R2 server and due to some router issues I can't open the external address from the server.

Example: The server address is xxxxx.no-ip.biz, but I can't connect to this repository on the server itself, so I have to use 127.0.0.1. When I share the autoconfig URL it uses 127.... as the address for the repository what, of course, doesn't work for other users.

Maybe you can tell us how A3S should be set up, since I think I made it way too complicated :D I copied my ArmA 3 addons to a separate folder on the server to sync them.

There is no way, you must have the external port open.

Before using ArmA3Sync, you must check that your FTP/HTTP repository is accessible from a client Web browser.

By the way: Great work! Your tool makes life easier. Thanks for opening it to everyone... there is also JustSync by some Germany, but they won't let their tool be used by everyone :)

Thanks guy ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

And I also have a - more logical - problem. The repository is stored on a Win 2012 R2 server and due to some router issues I can't open the external address from the server.

Example: The server address is xxxxx.no-ip.biz, but I can't connect to this repository on the server itself, so I have to use 127.0.0.1. When I share the autoconfig URL it uses 127.... as the address for the repository what, of course, doesn't work for other users.

Here is how to solve that problem: Make that xxxxx.no-ip.biz address resolve to your server's IP address on your internal network. Either by making xxxxx.no-ip.biz point to the server's local IP or loopback IP (127.0.0.1) in the server's hosts file (found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) or alternatively - if your server is using a DNS server you have access to - by creating a redirection on the DNS used by your server for xxxxx.no-ip.biz to your server's local IP.

I had access to the DNS, so that's where I made the change, but the hosts file on your server should work just as well, at least as far as the server is concerned.

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

ArmA3Sync v1.3

Download

Check from update from the help menu.

Changelog

- Added: Repository upload through configurable dedicated FTP connection. Only new and changed files against remote repository are transferred during upload.

- Added: Events upload through configurable dedicated FTP connection.

- Added: Favourite servers list attached to a repository is now automatically updated at ArmA3Sync start and repository connection.

- Added: TFAR and ACRE installer now automatically prompt to update installation on repository synchronisation.

- Added: Console mode: user can now set files to exclude from build and folders content to exclude extra local content when sync.

- Added: Donation by Papal.

- Changed: Addon synchronisation: folder colouring is back!

- Fixed: Switching between default destination folders does not automatically check for addons.

What an update! Thanks for the hard work Major!

Here is how to solve that problem: Make that xxxxx.no-ip.biz address resolve to your server's IP address on your internal network. Either by making xxxxx.no-ip.biz point to the server's local IP or loopback IP (127.0.0.1) in the server's hosts file (found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc)

Genius! Of course that worked, didn't think of the hosts file. Thanks!

You guys seem to know some stuff! lol.. I have a VPS server that run linux cintos 6. I currently host our teamspeak server on it (thats all)... I don't have a pretty interface for it I just use SSH and use guides online to install teamspeak.. It of course has a static ip address (IPV4 address)... What I just don't have the first flipping clue what to do is how to make use of that server to host our repo. I don't honestly even know where to begin

A. where would I put the files? (I can connect with a ftp client)

B. Once I put the files in whatever area or directory where do I point what ? Do I just use the ip address and some sort of /locationofthefile or what?

C. Somewhere I saw online apache was needed so I installed that with the install command but again I saw it install but don't even know how to use it. lol

I googled around but I just don't see instructions for just this simple (well apparently not so simple) task I want to to do.

There is a wiki page accessible from the Help menu => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English

You have to install ArmA3Sync on the host machine and run script ArmA3Sync-console.sh from installation directory.

Try first with your ftp server and use any directory you want within the ftp shared folder to create a repository.

Note that you can also build the repository on your Windows PC on upload it to the remote url using built-in ArmA3Sync repository uploader.

Hi m8, thanks for this tool. It was a great shame that Yoma stopped supporting his tool which made addon management and user support so much easier than having to use Play with Six.

So i'm very appreciative you took it upon yourself to build this tool for us.

I've set up a repo for our community and now hosting the repo from a file host server.

There are a few points i'd like to raise which may help you improve your tool.

1) I need to use secure FTP when transferring the files from the Master Host to a file host server.

Is there any chance that you could build SFTP into the tool ?

2) File transfer seems to be uncompressed files

Is there any chance of implementing a Repo side packer/client side unpacker to reduce bandwidth useage and file transfer times (7Zip ideally)

3) The file checking/integrity/synch seems to be done by file size and date

Would it be possible to change this to Md5

4) During a rebuild of the repo, a complete new batch of .zsync files is created

Would it be possible to only create these where changes have occured, otherwise when trying to use a 3rd party sync tool between servers all the .zsync files are copied over each build

(This may no longer be an issue if your tool can do sftp and I can therefore use the internal system)

5) Repository\Repo Name\"Build or Update repository"\Options

>>>> "repository Files Excluded from build"

>>>> "repository Folders with excluded extra local content when sync"

Dont seem to work as I would expect.

I defined the following in

"repository Files Excluded from build"

"d:\games\a3\a3syncrepo\master_modfolders\serverOnly"

and the files in that folder are available to the client.

Did I do something wrong? or does it not work like that?

Edited by Terox

1) I need to use secure FTP when transferring the files from the Master Host to a file host server.

Is there any chance that you could build SFTP into the tool ?

SFTP like FTP over SSH? FTP over SSL? Else?

Now most of the ftp servers can share folder content with different level of security. You could perfectly just set a login and password to the repository addon (who cares of addons?) and encryption mode to the other part of your FTP.

2) File transfer seems to be uncompressed files

Is there any chance of implementing a Repo side packer/client side unpacker to reduce bandwidth useage and file transfer times (7Zip ideally)

It could have and interest when it comes to FTP and large files (> 100 MB) yes. However large amount of time would be needed to build a repository has compared to now.

Also note that when using HTTP hosted repository with ArmA3Sync, the differential update mechanism outperform FTP with compression when it comes to updating files.

3) The file checking/integrity/synch seems to be done by file size and date

Would it be possible to change this to Md5

ArmA3Sync uses SHA1 signatures.

4) During a rebuild of the repo, a complete new batch of .zsync files is created

Would it be possible to only create these where changes have occured, otherwise when trying to use a 3rd party sync tool between servers all the .zsync files are copied over each build

(This may no longer be an issue if your tool can do sftp and I can therefore use the internal system)

.zsync files are generated when the file transfer mode is set to HTTP not FTP. I don't understand the link with SFTP ?

5) Repository\Repo Name\"Build or Update repository"\Options

>>>> "repository Files Excluded from build"

>>>> "repository Folders with excluded extra local content when sync"

Dont seem to work as I would expect.

I defined the following in

"repository Files Excluded from build"

"d:\games\a3\a3syncrepo\master_modfolders\serverOnly"

and the files in that folder are available to the client.

Did I do something wrong? or does it not work like that?

This is an issue. You must put files there not folders.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi! I have a problem with the launcher of ArmA3Sync. I can't launch the game because when I click start game, the window of ArmA3Sync minimizes but the game doesn't launch.

Thank you in advance.

(I didn't have selected de ArmA3.exe)

Edited by rafasl18

Go to Help Menu -> Preferences -> set "Do nothing" on game start.

If you don't have any error message that pops and you are sure that arma3.exe path is correctly set from "Launcher options" panel, then run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe from ArmA3Sync installation directory and paste the console content here.

Hi

I also had the error 406 when using my web hosting plan.

When I started to use the VPS that hosts my arma3 server, this error did not happen, but when someone uses the repository, my ArmA 3 server crashes.

If possible, I would like someone indicate me a hosting plan that supports the use of the repository and that does not have error 406. Ideally a low cost, because only I will use for the repository (currently about 25GB).

By the way, I would like to congratulate for the good work!

Thanks and sorry for bad english!

Any low powerful dedicated server like => http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-scg2 can do the job. Put a Linux on that with desktop or not + install Apache http, you good to go.

Server providers that comes with "mutualized access" are not the one to choose as they block partial file transfer (i.e error 406) to prevent from security issues.

Hi,

It is possible to manage a repository (upload files, re-build the repo...) on a remote server from my local computer?

You can build locally a repository and upload it from the GUI.

You can also run Arma3Sync from a remote console from ArmA3sSync-console script.

I (as a admin) have a problem. I added 1 mod, deleted 3 mods to the repo. builded it and synct it. It didnt delete the deleted mods on the client but it added the new mod. It even dont show the (del) mods on the repo tab but on my client i still have these mod from the repo under my addon section. :-/ He didnt check that i deleted the mod it seems. Hmm :confused: :(

ArmA3Sync does not delete extra client side mod when there are placed at root of the default destination directory to let user add extra mods in this directory.

oh damn. its good for extra mods outside the repo but for mods we really dont want to use it again its not so good. so everyone will need to delete the @folders on their own? :( Perhaps the repo should remember what mods got in and only this mods can get deleted from the repo A3S ?

Edited by Numrollen

If you create a folder (or many) inside the repository and put mods inside this folder(s), the extra user mods are deleted within this folder.

Moreover the repository modset from Addon panel is automatically updated on synchronisation. Meaning that if user use the repository modset to launch his addon, the deleted mods won't appear.

Yes nice features but we have some people who dont know what they are doing, deleting mods is a hard thing for them on their own ;) So i think in 1 year 10% of our members will have 100 mods and dont use 50 of them. Its ... "idiotic" i know but some users dont have a glue about filestructure and so on. It will get very unclear about what a user have on their HDD ;)

Ok, we need to live with that.

Another question: The "online" server's that got added to the repo only appears if i delete the repo and add it again. would be cool if they get added with a repoSync.

You can build locally a repository and upload it from the GUI.

And how can I do this? What I need?

And how can I do this? What I need?

Did you already try? there is a button in a3s to upload it.

Did you already try? there is a button in a3s to upload it.

Well, they are 30 persons connected to the repository, I can't make trial and error.

Anyway, what I'm asking is if it's possible to build remotely a existant repository every time I update it. I have a FTP client with access to the main folder, so I can upload files (with a little patience...1MB upload speed).

Hi,

is it known that on Linux Server the repository directory is somewhat weird?

800K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/ais_injury/func/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions
804K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/ais_injury/func/@mcc_sandbox_a3
812K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/ais_injury/func
816K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/ais_injury
820K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad
824K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions
828K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog/@mcc_sandbox_a3
836K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common/f_recog
840K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f/common
844K    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad/f
1,4M    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions/mcc_template.zargabad
1,4M    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3/sample missions
1,4M    @AGM/@mcc_sandbox_a3
4,0K    @AGM/@sthud/Addons/@AGM/addons
8,0K    @AGM/@sthud/Addons/@AGM
64K     @AGM/@sthud/Addons
68K     @AGM/@sthud
4,0K    @AGM/@cba_a3/addons/@AGM/addons
8,0K    @AGM/@cba_a3/addons/@AGM
48K     @AGM/@cba_a3/addons
52K     @AGM/@cba_a3
93M     @AGM

Best regards

Kai

Would it be possible to adjust the order or run parameters?

I'm asking because I'm testing out -malloc=tbbmalloc and it's recommended to be run first.

So the order of run parameters and the possibility to add the additional run parameters to the first list which can then be modified for run order.

I found a bug where the "start game" button doesn't work. I click it, the application minimizes but nothing happens. Arma 3 doesn't launch.

Would it be possible to adjust the order or run parameters?

I'm asking because I'm testing out -malloc=tbbmalloc and it's recommended to be run first.

So the order of run parameters and the possibility to add the additional run parameters to the first list which can then be modified for run order.

ArmA3Sync v1.3 already put -malloc parameter at first place of the run parameters list.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I found a bug where the "start game" button doesn't work. I click it, the application minimizes but nothing happens. Arma 3 doesn't launch.

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe, checkout arma3.exe path.