major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

No, dont know where this rsync stuff come from. but why A3S cant delete it? Error message "blah blah not found". will look at it tomorrow.

Run ArmA3Sync.bat, pretty sure you have/had a file access restriction.

How would someone make a custom Repository for this program?

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English

Hello,

doesnt work here.

We used a ftp server on our dedicated server (we used it to centralize mods) > the arma3sync dont see a folder .a3s from host players

MP me your server info. Be sure to follow http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_server_administrator and check you can browse your repository from a web server using the same connection infos.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Something changed with the last update. I am now unable to tell folders that just have additional local content apart from folders that have updated or added content when I am syncing with a repository. Before A3S would highlight the latter by making the folder name red (all the way to the root folder of a mod). Now only the files have the colouring and I have to drill down into the individual folders to find out why I am having the ! symbol show up. Any chance of getting folder colouring restored?

Typical user just don't care what files was added/updated/deleted into and addon folder. Thus I think it less perturbating for them to simply show the exclamation mark on a @addon folder, meaning something has changed , you have to update.

The new repository options are great. Could you enhance the "Repository files excluded from build" option to take entries like "*.extension" to exclude all files that match this pattern (i.e. "a.extension" and "bcd.extension")?

What for? Do you have a complete bunch of empty index.html/.access files into your repo or what ? ;)

Could you please comment on the requirement to have indexes enabled for the web server? Why is that a requirement and is that going to change?

You should give a try with the last update ;)

Hi Shepard...

Is there a method for setting the new build options using the CLI tools for those of us who don't have desktop interfaces on our servers?

Not for the moment, but yeah I am thinking of you guys ;)

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

a great tool but i find it anoying that everytime i uncheck a mod group it unchecks all mods in that group instead of just unchecking the group but leaving the mods checked

ArmA 2 game Launcher by SpiritedMachine works like this. We used to miss launching addons by forgetting to check the group.

With ArmA3Sync you can create several groups with the same addons. So you could create different custom group for each usage.

I've had some issues starting Arma 3 Sync. I've reinstalled Java and Arma3Sync a few times without any luck, Disabled Firewalls etc.

It basically doesn't start at all, doesn't show up in processes, doesn't do crap. Anyone know a solution for this?

Run ArmA3Sync.bat file and copy paste the console content here.

Be sure to have Java 7 installed and run with Administrator rights.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Error message is: "File not found on repository: MODNAME"

If i run the arma3sync.bat i get the error : java command not found

Typical user just don't care what files was added/updated/deleted into and addon folder. Thus I think it less perturbating for them to simply show the exclamation mark on a @addon folder, meaning something has changed , you have to update.

Sorry, for not being typical, but I really liked having the colour coding. Just saying. Really helpful for example on the userconfig folder so I know for example if the difference is that the repo removed a file or changed / added a file.

What for? Do you have a complete bunch of empty index.html/.access files into your repo or what ? ;)
Flexibility. Example: Exclude all PDF files from being synced.
You should give a try with the last update ;)

Great job sir! No indexes, check. No accessing of web-server root, check.

I have been using Arma3Sync forever,

and have become totally dependent on it to lauch my game.

Since the last update I have been unable to launch the App.

First I was prompted for a missing Java 1.7.0, so I reinstalled Java.

No go.

Then I uninstalled, and reinstalled ArmaSyn

No go.

Then I uninstalled, and reinstalled Java ... three more times ...

No go.

Now I am at my wits end.

I am open to suggestions.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

btw:

I even did a system restore back to a time when it did work ...

No go.

Hi agree with this

Flexibility. Example: Exclude all PDF files from being synced.
If this option come to life it would be great, if not its not really annoying ^^.

And for my part i have some trouble with the synchronisation too...ArmaSync Try to synchronise some folder or file that i've removed and by the way tell me they're missing... i've rebuild the repo, launch with ArmA3Sync.bat with no error... To be more precise, i have delete a folder with an ancient version of mod, i build the repositories, the folder and all the files in, are blue and when i launch the synchronisation (normally it should be deleted) the program throw me an message with the name of the folder not found...(Oh really XD ^^.).

Edit : In fact the prog doesn't delete anything now :s.

Edited by NorX_Aengell

1. Thats what i mean. I also changed the folder structure in 1 folder i sync and he cant rebuild this new structure, all is blue but cant delete with "this file blah was not found on repo".

2. If i make a Eventmodgroup and add this to your modgroups, first you cant add more mods. he say something like "you cant alter repository modgroup", if you restart arma3sync it work. (BOTH ways are great if admin could chose).

Major what a great tool. we now make a cooperation with several clans and now all of them use your tool ;)

Edited by Numrollen

1. Fixed into very soom coming next update ;)

2. Repository and Event modsets are synchronised with the associated repository. When user starts ArmA3Sync or Check For Addons, the modset content is updated into the Addon Group panel. Also if some extra mods have been drag and drop into a modset, they would be removed.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 10

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Fixed: download speed is now displayed with first decimal value for rate > 1 MB/s.

- Fixed: some extra local files where no more deleted since 1.2 update 9 build 1.2.47.

- Fixed: FTP error file not found on repository when deleting an extra local file inside a non existing remote folder.

- Fixed: Hide/Show extra local command files may freeze the application.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks again for always keeping us up to date and sending us your latest version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Sorry, for not being typical, but I really liked having the colour coding. Just saying. Really helpful for example on the userconfig folder so I know for example if the difference is that the repo removed a file or changed / added a file.

^^ This. i also wish to see the old style of folder coloring, now new style is quite confusing. maybe reconsider compromise?

thanks.

a question ;)

i entered the servers in the repo "fav servers put to autoconfig". Now how do the clients gets these servers? They dont show up automatic... on me and others, on some it work.

Edited by Numrollen

ihhh... isnt there a way to give all members of the repo the servers? :P

automatically. Most of the clan members are lazy, they will never import a file :P

ATM we sync ~11GB over FTP to > 35 ppl and its working fine.

I notised that Arma3Sync somehow is ignoring when i put new pbo's in a modfolder ..

Examble

Modfolder @MyUnits/Addons/File1.pbo

File1.pbo was updated adding in some new units.

Then File2.pbo was added in folder @MyUnits/Addons/

When launching Arma3 with the launcher, somehow the old version of File1.pbo is used and File2.pbo is not loaded at all.

How did this happen and how can this be fixed?

As long as your mod is launched and available in the game, ArmA3Sync as nothing to see with it.

Loading of pbo files with the game are determined by the config file of the addon, see init.sqf, config.cpp file from this addon.

As long as your mod is launched and available in the game, ArmA3Sync as nothing to see with it.

Loading of pbo files with the game are determined by the config file of the addon, see init.sqf, config.cpp file from this addon.

Thats the wird thing.. Some how ArmA3Sync ignors if files within my modfolder is changed. It simply dos not load the new files (Arma was not running when the files was changed) It seems like ArmA3Sync in some way remembered the old pbo's and ignored the new pbo's..

Hi Shepard,

Would like to ask for the following enhancement to the TFAR installer wizard:

- Have it remember the plugins and userconfig folder selected the last time as I would argue that most of the time the folder structure doesn't change on the repos people sync with

- When there is already a folder selected and you click on "Select", have the file selection dialogue that follows start at that location

- Allow the path for plugins and userconfig to be manipulated directly in the text box

- Add option to allow A3S to autoupdate TFAR as soon as a changed userconfig / plugins directory has been synced

Asking for this as updates to TFAR causes some within my player base to either forget to update or complain about the extra work "they" had to go through (yep, ungrateful). Any of the above would help.

Would like to ask for the following enhancement to the TFAR installer wizard:

- Have it remember the plugins and userconfig folder selected the last time as I would argue that most of the time the folder structure doesn't change on the repos people sync with

- When there is already a folder selected and you click on "Select", have the file selection dialogue that follows start at that location

It's already the case normally

- Allow the path for plugins and userconfig to be manipulated directly in the text box

not for it. I'm pretty sure some gonna make bullshit with the path and whine around :rolleyes:

- Add option to allow A3S to autoupdate TFAR as soon as a changed userconfig / plugins directory has been synced

Could be down yeah.

Asking for this as updates to TFAR causes some within my player base to either forget to update or complain about the extra work "they" had to go through (yep, ungrateful). Any of the above would help.

At least they succeed on clicking the Start Game button ;)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Repository upload is coming for next update => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_upload.png

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi,

Reporting bug. When i tryed the new CBA update run with sync i cant connect to server. And im possitive it works when i use CBA expansion via arma 3. So somethin wrong with sync. Thx