major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

In which interface do you want to see this?

Looks ugly as hell in this paint over, but something sort of like this.

http://i.imgur.com/kAR8Shy.jpg (139 kB)

Edit:

Just looking at the image again, there is probably also cause for a dependency feature, so mod A will alert that mod B has to be activated to work etc.. especially useful for something like xMedSys.

Edited by catatonicChimp

Iam getting this error while downloading from a repositorie:

Failed to retrieve .zsync file for url .......

Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL:........

Download have been interrupted

i run arma sync as a admin but i cant get it to work and i know the url is legit since everyone else can download from it :(

Have a look at this post a while back: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162236-ArmA3Sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-ArmA-3&p=2628012&viewfull=1#post2628012

Hey all, need some help with the repository build/maintenance. I recent setup a FTP on my home network using Synology. It works good but the problem is when i update mods (which happens frequently), i have to always rebuild it from one of my PC's which takes forever since its doing it over the network. I've heard about the command lines but i don't know where the code is or how i might be able to run it from my sinology if thats even possible. DOes anyone have any tips on easiest way to manager this? I wish there was a way that it just know changes happened automatically. THanks all

Can you install ArmA3Sync on your NAS or not? Can it be run from GUI on the NAS? Do you have access to a console that ArmA3Sync can be run from it?

Hey Major, thanks of reply. I don't believe i can run any of armasync's UI from my NAS. It basically acts as a shared folder. There are apps i can install, but its limited to what they have available.

Try to find a way to open a terminal on the NAS, I'm pretty sure it's possible on most of them.

SO i have found a way to open a terminal from my MAC into my NAS. What now?

Nvm please delete this post.

Edited by Raspu86

Incoming in next update: ability to set a default repository to a server to join at game start => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_favorite_server_with_attached_repository.png

WIP stuff:

1- Build repository options

- set files to exclude from the build

- set repository content to ignore client side at check for addons (i.e userconfig)

- add favorite server login info to autoconfig

2- Simultaneous files download

- client can perform simultaneous files download, default will be set to 10

- max number of clients connections can be set repository side from Build options

3- Repository upload

- upload a local repository through FTP

- if remote repository already exists, only changed files will be uploaded

Edited by Major_Shepard

ok so downloading .zsync files results in a 400 error

any IIS 8 geek around that knows how to fix this?

i already added the .zsync extension in MIME

ok so we made some tests last evening on a II 7 server and finally sync successfully.

- Authentication module is not installed by default on a IIS 7 server. It results to a 400 http error when ArmA3Sync will try to download the first .zsync file (i.e the authentication request is not understood).

- IIS user must set "*" as MINE filter on the repository or add every file extension (pain in the ass) otherwise it will result in a http 500 error

- File browsing (indexes) must be enabled on the repository, by default it is disabled on the whole server.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-07-2014 at 11:34 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 7

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: user can now set a default repository modset to a favorite server.

- Fixed: Web hosted repository: 400 http error with IIS server and anonymous connection.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks for informing us about the newest version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

[/color]ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 7

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: user can now set a default repository modset to a favorite server.

- Fixed: Web hosted repository: 400 http error with IIS server and anonymous connection.

Hello Shepard, tanks for the update this is certainly a step in the right direction but for me it seems impracticable to link a whole repository to a server. Let me explain my situation. In my group we use only one repository but all in all we 3 three servers with different modsets running.

We do have a coop server where we play our coop missions, then a training server where we conduct our training sessions and an event server where we play coop missions with other groups. Each of them have different mods running. For example the training server runs MCC. With the new feature I would have to maintain 3 repositories and our group members would have to add 3 repositories to Arma3Sync as well. This seems rather impracticable.

I think the better option would be to link modsets to a server. This means that as an administrator I only need to take care of one repository and my group members only have to add one.

Hello, i have searched for it but not found a similar statement about.

when i start arma3 with your (very handy and nice made btw) tool, then ingame only the main mouse buttons (left mb, right mb and middle mb) are recognised.

i have a steel series cataclysm mouse, which has some 13 or so buttons.

when i start arma 3 with the standard arma.exe it is fine and every button works. i know that i can asign program.exe to the mouse to start up specific profiles for each .exe, but here it doesnt work.

even if i delete all settings and have it on default and dont use any makros i related to the buttons, then it doesnt work. with all other programs they work. just if i start by arma3sync, then ingame the control settings dont recognise/ignore them.

i pretty much tried everything in settings of the mouse etc and tested on several programs (microsoft office, notepad, other games, arma3 without arma3sync and so on...works everywhere)

so i narrowed it down to your tool.

do you have any idea what that could be? thanks in advance!

Hello Shepard, tanks for the update this is certainly a step in the right direction but for me it seems impracticable to link a whole repository to a server. Let me explain my situation. In my group we use only one repository but all in all we 3 three servers with different modsets running.

We do have a coop server where we play our coop missions, then a training server where we conduct our training sessions and an event server where we play coop missions with other groups. Each of them have different mods running. For example the training server runs MCC. With the new feature I would have to maintain 3 repositories and our group members would have to add 3 repositories to Arma3Sync as well. This seems rather impracticable.

I think the better option would be to link modsets to a server. This means that as an administrator I only need to take care of one repository and my group members only have to add one.

In this case you just have to create an Event modset for each case from the Admin repository panel. User will be able to acces this modset from the Modsets button of the Addons Panel. The generated modset will be automatically updated as the user sync with the repository. In the online panel, I just have to add available Event modset into the dropdown list to link with the favorite server.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Hello, i have searched for it but not found a similar statement about.

when i start arma3 with your (very handy and nice made btw) tool, then ingame only the main mouse buttons (left mb, right mb and middle mb) are recognised.

i have a steel series cataclysm mouse, which has some 13 or so buttons.

when i start arma 3 with the standard arma.exe it is fine and every button works. i know that i can asign program.exe to the mouse to start up specific profiles for each .exe, but here it doesnt work.

even if i delete all settings and have it on default and dont use any makros i related to the buttons, then it doesnt work. with all other programs they work. just if i start by arma3sync, then ingame the control settings dont recognise/ignore them.

i pretty much tried everything in settings of the mouse etc and tested on several programs (microsoft office, notepad, other games, arma3 without arma3sync and so on...works everywhere)

so i narrowed it down to your tool.

do you have any idea what that could be? thanks in advance!

What happens when you try to launch ArmA 3 from Steam?

Edited by Major_Shepard

In this case you just have to create an Event modset for each case from the Admin repository panel. User will be able to acces this modset from the Modsets button of the Addons Panel. The generated modset will be automatically updated as the user sync with the repository. In the online panel, I just have to add available Event modset into the dropdown list to link with the favorite server.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

@Major_Shepard,

i am not used to steam, before installing arma 3, but i guess you mean if i go on my steam profile->games->arma3 and then klick on it to launch?

well the mouse buttons work then also. but i dont know the difference here than starting from the steam/common/arma3/arma3.exe....isnt that linked and the same?

edit: unbelivable, now it works with your launcher too. what happend, what did this "starting from steam" do? can anyone explain? i am happy that it works but i would like to know the background of the solution^^

It says there's an update available, I click "ok" to update, it closes and nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

Which version is it? Try running ArmA3Sync-console.bat -> update.

Version 1.2 udpdate 5.

Edit: When I run the Arma3Sync-Updater Executable Jar File manually, it says:"An error occured. Can't write files on disk. Update process aborted."

I don't know why it can't write files to disk, it certainly hasn't got anything to do with disk space because I have over 30 gigs of free space on that drive.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Don't run Arma3Sync-Updater.jar but ArmA3Sync-console.bat and remove Windows UAC shit you will be happy.

Don't run Arma3Sync-Updater.jar but ArmA3Sync-console.bat and remove Windows UAC shit you will be happy.

I tried that already, didn't work.

You have currently a write resctriction acces on the ArmA3Sync isntallation directory (no Admin right, UAC....)

Easiest way:

Reinstall ArmA3Sync from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199 to somewhere else on you hard drive. Then copy past "profiles" and "resources" folder from the old to the new install.

You have currently a write resctriction acces on the ArmA3Sync isntallation directory (no Admin right, UAC....)

Easiest way:

Reinstall ArmA3Sync from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199 to somewhere else on you hard drive. Then copy past "profiles" and "resources" folder from the old to the new install.

Can't i reinstall it over the current folder?