major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hi guys

Firstly i would like to say thank you for creating such a great utility for Arma 3, makes life so much easier.

I have a suggestion, don't know if it's possible but it should be...

Can it be added that an addon group can have an associated profile so when you select a group and start Arma it automatically selects the predefined profile for that group. I tend to only use the default profile in Arma3Sync and use addon groups to manage all mods for specific servers and or clans.

I play on several servers which i have addon groups setup for but i'm always forgetting to select the correct profile so usually have to quit out of arma to restart with the correct profile selected.

Maybe it could be done with a right click on the group name with a Select Profile option which allows you to select one of your Arma profiles, then the profile name could be appended to the group name i.e. "Addon Group Name (Profile Name)" so any group without a profile would just be group name.

This would make a great addition to what is an already brilliant app.

If anyone else would like to see this or a similar feature please post support for it's inclusion.

Just create an ArmA3Sync profile for each case. For each ArmA3Sync profile set the correct ArmA3 Profile from Launcher Option panel.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

its still broken, tool worked fine, but update don't work...

Run ArmA3Sync-console.bat file -> UPDATE

or replace manually ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

pls explain "how" i should run ArmA3Sync-console.bat file -> UPDATE !! If i click the bat, the upcoming window told me "the command java blablabla"... it would be helpfull, if u explain it to me... thanks !!

Edit : not more needed, we use your new version, this works !! other question : it's possible to copy& paste the config from one version to a new one ?? which files are needed ?? thx

Edited by Phantom

Thanks... worked again for us !! Love your Tool, keep up this good work !! ;)

Regards, Phantom

My friend have 2 problems, and i dont know why. he startet a3s with adminrights.

- when he wants to sync and update, a3s tells him he have no permission to override the file or s.t. like that. It was 2 dll's from tfr. directory was not write protected. i will test with him another mod that he should update. when he deleted the 2 dll's it worked (redownloaded them of course)

- when he click "start" for arma3 launch nothing happens. he play the hole time arma3, it works. why a3s dont start arma3? He pointed to the right arma3 home directory.

Run ArmA3Sync.bat file and paste the console content here. ArmA 3 should not be running when ArmA3Sync is updating addons (but there is a warning message).

the selected FTP shared folder does not correspondent with the repository url

i checked the url and it does correspondent i even reuploaded the folder

also i cannot rebuild the repository because of this error

please fix this annoyance

Could you tell the url and the local repository path please? You speak about uploading the repository folder but your are supposed to build the repository on the host machine.

Expected:

c:\"repositoryFolderName" => ftp://www.blabla/"repositoryFolderName"

Edited by Major_Shepard

I keep getting an error when I try to update my repository: "IOException caught while copying".

Run ArmA3Sync.bat file and paste the console content here. ArmA 3 should not be running when ArmA3Sync is updating addons (but there is a warning message).

Ok, i will tell him if he have another error. Arma3 dont run of course, i checked him twice ;)

Hello Shepard, I have a question or feature request. Do you plan to add the possibility to sync server configuration (IP, port, password) and link a pre defined modset with this server?

You can do it already: Menu -> Help -> Auto-config -> Export

I am thinking also to something similar as Event button on the Addon Panel with the possibiltiy to generate a all adon group from a repository on the fly.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I keep getting an error when I try to update my repository: "IOException caught while copying".

Same thing run ArmA3Sync.bat and paste console content here. Be sure not to have restricted permissions on repository folder.

Edited by Major_Shepard

You can do it already: Menu -> Help -> Auto-config -> Export

I am thinking also to something similar as Event button on the Addon Panel with the possibiltiy to generate a all adon group from a repository on the fly.

I see I must have missed that. But you are still unable to link an event with a server. What I'd like to have is that I just have to give the autoconfig to the user. The user then chooses the pre defined server and the game automatically start with the modstring defined by the autoconfig for this server.

There is an idea. There is 2 things to take into account:

-> Sometimes people want to add there own addon to the predefined repository addons list.

-> User have to be warned it a required addon is missing into Available addon list (i.e missing from user disk).

I think to replace the Event button by a dropdown list "Modsets" (like Join Server)

1- User select from de Modset dopdown list let say repository "A"

2. A new group entry is automatically created with name "A" into Addon group with all addons selected from repository. Missing addons are displayed in red if missing.

3. User select start Game.

Same mechanism for Events.

Modset configuration is saved to disk and attached to the active ArmA3Sync profile. Everything is restored at ArmA3Sync re opening. After repository synchronization, if repository modset exists into Addon Group, the full addon list would be updated.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Usually people know pretty fast if they have a mod missing since they can not connect to the server (especially the case if the server has verify signatures enabled).

I made a crude attempt at GIMP to create a mock up how I could imagine the Online(Server) tab could look like and which information it could provide.

88G24rW.png

The repository builder provides the auto config which includes:

- Repository information

- Multiple modsets (events)

- Server information (IP, port, pw and the modset)

The start button could then look like this

L1QmiOT.png

Users should still be able to add mods (for example JSRS) to the modset as long as the server allows it.

Edited by Raspu86

Could you tell the url and the local repository path please? You speak about uploading the repository folder but your are supposed to build the repository on the host machine.

Expected:

c:\"repositoryFolderName" => ftp://www.blabla/"repositoryFolderName"

i didnt know the local folder "name" has to be exactly the same...lack of code if u ask me

i got it to work but now i got a second problem:

the autoconfig url cannot be found

i think my webserver blocks file access to files that have no file extensions

i got IIS setup with plesk any idea where i can change it?

nevermind i fixed it

i had to add the * to the mime types application/octet-stream

Usually people know pretty fast if they have a mod missing since they can not connect to the server (especially the case if the server has verify signatures enabled).

I made a crude attempt at GIMP to create a mock up how I could imagine the Online(Server) tab could look like and which information it could provide.

http://i.imgur.com/88G24rW.png

The repository builder provides the auto config which includes:

- Repository information

- Multiple modsets (events)

- Server information (IP, port, pw and the modset)

The start button could then look like this

http://i.imgur.com/L1QmiOT.png

Users should still be able to add mods (for example JSRS) to the modset as long as the server allows it.

That could be added with no difficulty.

Arma3Sync arbitrarily restricts usage to Java 7, and does not permit JRE 8 to run it, even though it is backwards compatible. Java 8 has officially been released to general availability, so this should definitely be fixed. It's a trivial fix, no doubt, and slightly more proper detection of the Java version can be done like this:

if(Double.parseDouble(System.getProperty("java.specification.version")) >= 1.7) {
   // do stuff
}

Note that this will still break for Java 10 (whenever that happens), which is why I say it's only slightly more proper.

Edited by Gawdl3y

I have created a repository on my dedicated server box and am hosting via http. When a client tries to update the repository some of the files do not download completely and never show them as being up to date, however the download meter indicates that the full amount of data has been downloaded. This is a super frustrating problem. Any help would be amazing. Thanks.

Arma3Sync arbitrarily restricts usage to Java 7, and does not permit JRE 8 to run it, even though it is backwards compatible. Java 8 has officially been released to general availability, so this should definitely be fixed. It's a trivial fix, no doubt, and slightly more proper detection of the Java version can be done like this:

if(Double.parseDouble(System.getProperty("java.specification.version")) >= 1.7) {
   // do stuff
}

Note that this will still break for Java 10 (whenever that happens), which is why I say it's only slightly more proper.

ok thanks

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I have created a repository on my dedicated server box and am hosting via http. When a client tries to update the repository some of the files do not download completely and never show them as being up to date, however the download meter indicates that the full amount of data has been downloaded. This is a super frustrating problem. Any help would be amazing. Thanks.

Could you give me your server info by PM?

Hi,

Lovely work so far on the launcher, it works wonderfully.

I was wondering whethe it is possible to set a launch option/join server type that is a locally hosted LAN? Not terribly important, just curious.

Thanks, and keep up the good work :)

I did a try and sync on your server with no trouble. Could you point a specific file you have trouble with? Try running ArmA3Sync.bat file and see what it says in the console.