major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

sorry if this has already been addressed or answered, but is it possible to setup a repo without having your own site/server to host the files?

Disregard... Great program!

Edited by SLIDER75
made a mistake

Hi Major_Shepard

Thanks for the update, HTTP authentication works great.

However it looks like ftp is now busted.. using my manual installed copy of 1.2.38 it works fine with my ftp account, my (using the installer) version 1.2.39 doesn't connect when using the exact same settings

Hi Major_Shepard,

arma3Sync is a really great program, and permits us to play a lot of missions with a lot of mods required.

At this time we are using WINE to run Arma3 server and Arma3Sync and everything was working great, but since the last update 4 of yesterday arma3sync asked me for admin right to launch him (no way to do that in WINE).

I did a big mess when I tried to re-install JRE7 and I'm trying to restore that at this time :j:.

here is the error we have :

error

Do you know if there is a workaround to launch the last update without admin rights?

Or maybe is it possible to have the previous version available (update 3 only for server side)? I searched on your site but I didn't found old versions.

Thank you for your help,

Sebj

Edited by sebj

Very funny thing, never try that. What JRE do you run and how? Is it Linux JRE or Windows one?

Also didn't much time to test with the new Linux server binary but ArmA3Sync can run natively on Linux and launch the ArmA3 linux sever with mods.

Yes I know it is a little bit unusual but it is working well with the latest jre7-51 32bit windows version :).

with WINE most of the windows applications are running well.

I did'nt tried the linux version of arma3sync because no graphical environment available on the server (except for Wine with vnc).

do you still have a copy of the update 3 please? it will save my day :rolleyes:

thank you again for your help,

sebj

I am getting the same issue as sebj on my clans arma server (windows server).. 1.2.8 worked fine without admin password... 1.2.9 comes up with the same dialog box as sebj

Yes I know it is a little bit unusual but it is working well with the latest jre7-51 32bit windows version :).

with WINE most of the windows applications are running well.

I did'nt tried the linux version of arma3sync because no graphical environment available on the server (except for Wine with vnc).

do you still have a copy of the update 3 please? it will save my day :rolleyes:

thank you again for your help,

sebj

Java program are not like Windows or Linux native applications and need JRE interface to access the sub system. looks like your Wine virtualised JRE failed at some point.

If you are able to connect via VNC on a graphical interface means you have a desktop GUI (gnome?) installed on at least one account of the server.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I am getting the same issue as sebj on my clans arma server (windows server).. 1.2.8 worked fine without admin password... 1.2.9 comes up with the same dialog box as sebj

If you are on a Windows Server just give Administrator right to ArmA3Sync.

Java program are not like Windows or Linux native applications and need JRE interface to access the sub system. looks like your Wine virtualised JRE failed at some point.

If you are able to connect via VNC on a graphical interface means you have a desktop GUI (gnome?) installed on at least one account of the server.

I don't think it is a JRE issue because yesterday it was working well without any modifications (except updating arma3sync via the program itself).

In fact it is not a "linux desktop" but an "windows emulation" of a windows desktop created with WINE that permits to launch windows programs like if we were in a windows environment. the linux base is only necessary to launch linux commands (no graphical desktop installed).

unfortunately on WINE there is no way to play with admin or any users right...

As previously asked I would really appreciate if a rollback will be possible on the previous version (not public but only for our server off-course :)).

Anyway and if you have time I can join your TS to give you more details about my issue if necessary (i'm Fr too)

sebj

EDIT : My problem is solved, I found the previous installer version 1-2-37.exe on my computer. I've put it back again on the server and it is ok now... I'll avoid updates on the server for the moment. But it could be great if you have a way to remove admin rights to execute the arma3sync.exe.

Keep going the good job!

Edited by sebj

If you are on a Windows Server just give Administrator right to ArmA3Sync.

Its a shared server managed by the community, we don't have access to administrator rights, finding a solution that doesn't require admin rights would be appreciated .

I am going to follow sebj example and downgrade to the previous version.

It worked fine in the previous version, it doesn't work in latest... and all I did was press yes on the update

I don't think it is a JRE issue because yesterday it was working well without any modifications (except updating arma3sync via the program itself).

In fact it is not a "linux desktop" but an "windows emulation" of a windows desktop created with WINE that permits to launch windows programs like if we were in a windows environment. the linux base is only necessary to launch linux commands (no graphical desktop installed).

unfortunately on WINE there is no way to play with admin or any users right...

As previously asked I would really appreciate if a rollback will be possible on the previous version (not public but only for our server off-course :)).

Anyway and if you have time I can join your TS to give you more details about my issue if necessary (i'm Fr too)

sebj

EDIT : My problem is solved, I found the previous installer version 1-2-37.exe on my computer. I've put it back again on the server and it is ok now... I'll avoid updates on the server for the moment. But it could be great if you have a way to remove admin rights to execute the arma3sync.exe.

Keep going the good job!

It's a WINE failure not JRE => http://wine-wiki.org/index.php/General_Wine_Troubleshooting#Administrator_Privileges

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Its a shared server managed by the community, we don't have access to administrator rights, finding a solution that doesn't require admin rights would be appreciated .

I am going to follow sebj example and downgrade to the previous version.

It worked fine in the previous version, it doesn't work in latest... and all I did was press yes on the update

The thing is that ArmA3Sync.exe takes Admin rights since the first release. So I guess you use ArmA3Sync in console mode, luckily not installed in program files folder?

---------- Post added 03-14-2014 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-13-2014 at 11:07 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 5

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Removed: blocking message if ArmA3Sync is run without Administrator privileges.

- Fixed: fail to login to FTP repository with url equals to root server ip address since 1.2.39

The thing is that ArmA3Sync.exe takes Admin rights since the first release. So I guess you use ArmA3Sync in console mode, luckily not installed in program files folder?

Don't think I was using console mode, I was just using the standard exe file in the extracted directory, and it was located just on the server desktop..

I will give the latest version a try after work and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

C.

It's a WINE failure not JRE => http://wine-wiki.org/index.php/General_Wine_Troubleshooting#Administrator_Privileges

Changelog

- Removed: blocking message if ArmA3Sync is run without Administrator privileges.

- Fixed: fail to login to FTP repository with url equals to root server ip address since 1.2.39

Yes I confirm that it is a WINE limitation because no admin right available (but it's free so... :))

I confirm you that the last update is working well.

Thanks a lot for your help,

rgds,

sebj

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

I love self updating software! :)

i update yesterday (version 1.2 update 4, build 1.2.39), today it shows me a new update, if i click proceed armasnyc closed immediatly and nothing happend...

i update yesterday (version 1.2 update 4, build 1.2.39), today it shows me a new update, if i click proceed armasnyc closed immediatly and nothing happend...

Same thing for me and half a dozen others.

Try using ArmA3Sync-updater.bat from installation directory.

have only a arma3-sync-updater.jar... if i use this, i get an error "cant find file in update repository" !!

Also dont help, and if i do that, i lost all of my groups, repo say "rebuild repo" and dont check the repo... update also don't run... what's happend ?? armasync was so stable until today... :)

have also try a fresh version, also the same result... ;)

groups aren't deleted, repo is shown, so far so good, but it's always shows a available update, clicking on ok closed the tool and nothing happend again...

could i give u any files for debug ??

Hi guys

Firstly i would like to say thank you for creating such a great utility for Arma 3, makes life so much easier.

I have a suggestion, don't know if it's possible but it should be...

Can it be added that an addon group can have an associated profile so when you select a group and start Arma it automatically selects the predefined profile for that group. I tend to only use the default profile in Arma3Sync and use addon groups to manage all mods for specific servers and or clans.

I play on several servers which i have addon groups setup for but i'm always forgetting to select the correct profile so usually have to quit out of arma to restart with the correct profile selected.

Maybe it could be done with a right click on the group name with a Select Profile option which allows you to select one of your Arma profiles, then the profile name could be appended to the group name i.e. "Addon Group Name (Profile Name)" so any group without a profile would just be group name.

This would make a great addition to what is an already brilliant app.

If anyone else would like to see this or a similar feature please post support for it's inclusion.

Edited by Ian-C