major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Can't reproduce here. Could give me the caf_chech_t.pbo file?

It's not multiple request on one hole file but multiple request on multi part of a file, the all difference with ftp.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Sorry, just one client had this problem with this particular file. One of the other clients had a similar issue with a totally different file. Unfortunately both have eventually just deleted the file and had A3S sync it again. Will try to make sure I get a copy of the problematic file at the client side before they take such drastic measures.

caf_check_t.pbo is at the moment about 36MB in size. Since clients load with about 2MB/s from my repository the overall time to transfer this file should have been around 20s. With the timestamps on those individual requests, it looks to me as if the complete file was loaded every time. The response on each of those requests is 200. If there was a request for just part of the file, shouldn't the response be 206?

Just in case this got lost, turning off indexes (which seems to be recommended for web servers), does break the "Check for Addons" process. I have also seen that checking the repository (green circular arrow) does result in requests for the index, but it does not break the functionality in this case. If A3S is already aware of the file structure requesting the index should be unnecessary for both those functions. In the case of the "Check for Addons" process "/A3Repository" is requested, answered by a 301 redirect, followed by a request of "/A3Repository/" answered with a 200 where indexes are turned on and 403 where indexes are turned off.

Just in case this got lost, turning off indexes (which seems to be recommended for web servers), does break the "Check for Addons" process. I have also seen that checking the repository (green circular arrow) does result in requests for the index, but it does not break the functionality in this case. If A3S is already aware of the file structure requesting the index should be unnecessary for both those functions. In the case of the "Check for Addons" process "/A3Repository" is requested, answered by a 301 redirect, followed by a request of "/A3Repository/" answered with a 200 where indexes are turned on and 403 where indexes are turned off.

Turning off indexes in the Apache conf will just prevent the user from viewing the repository structure (with a web browser). Which it is what it is displayed on the Repository content tree after the Check for Addons :rolleyes:

Don't bother with that, it's definitely not the cause of your problem.

Hello!

I feel like a noob doing this and having this many problems.

But right now we are having a problem with download *.dll files from the FTP it just replies with a "Server Error in '/' Application".

And in the program Arma3Sync it just comes up: "An unexpected error has occured. Download have been interrupted". Probably due to the Server error.

I have pm you earlier with other problems, that are fixed now, so you should be able to backtrack my URL, dont want to post it openly.

Or just tell me to PM you it again. The mods that we are trying is @ACRE and @Jayarma2lib, and its the *.dll files that we cant download.

So any fix for this or do we have to pack all the folders?

Thank you!

Turning off indexes in the Apache conf will just prevent the user from viewing the repository structure (with a web browser). Which it is what it is displayed on the Repository content tree after the Check for Addons :rolleyes:

Don't bother with that, it's definitely not the cause of your problem.

Sorry, maybe I misspoke. I wasn't meaning to say that this had anything to do with the issue. Just wanted to flag this up as an enhancement request, so that A3S will not request the indexes in the future and I can turn indexes off at the server. The other issue that I have is that I cannot turn on auth at the web server since 'jayzsync' does not send the authentification.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

we are having a problem with download *.dll files from the FTP it just replies with a "Server Error in '/' Application".

And in the program Arma3Sync it just comes up: "An unexpected error has occured. Download have been interrupted". Probably due to the Server error.

Have you tried downloading the file from the server with a FTP client like FileZilla? Just to check if it is at all possible. You might also want to have a look if the file already exists locally at the client and remove it if it does before retrying a sync.

Yes im able to download with filezilla, but thats another protocol. Because im syncing with HTTP not FTP.

Got confused, due to the "from the FTP" in your last post. Anyway, the .dll file seems to be picked up by the Mono framework you are running on your server. You have to configure your web server to not execute any of the files within the repository folder. Unfortunately this depends on the web server you are using and how you have set it up. For Apache adding "SetHandler None" to the <Directory> or <Location> section that handles the repository might do the trick.

Edited by Gundy

Hey Gundy!

Thanks for a reply. Now i know where to look somewhat. I havent set up the server completetly, i rent it. And im currently using a .htaccess file to let a3s get in contact with it. But will look into fixing the directory/location thing.

Thanks again.

im currently using a .htaccess file to let a3s get in contact with it

Try adding the SetHandler directive in the .htaccess then. The description above was for use in Apache's conf file. If you already have a .htaccess file in the root directory of your repository, modify it, otherwise create one. Just add

SetHandler None

to the .htaccess file and see if that helps.

Ohh I forgot to say that it didnt work. My .htaccess file is like this:

Options +Indexes
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing
SetHandler None

SetHandler None dosent seem to do anything btw.

But i know there is a .htaccess file in the root. Because i have my file in the repository directory. And i cant access the one in the root.

My .htaccess file is like this:

Options +Indexes
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing
SetHandler None

SetHandler None dosent seem to do anything btw.

Well, its a bit tough to judge what to do without knowing the contents of the Apache configuration as it might for example not allow you to use the SetHandler directive in a .htaccess file or enforce within a <Files>, <FilesMatch> or <Location> section, overriding what you set in your .htaccess.

Try your luck with this:

Options Indexes

Note, this one is lacking "+". This should replace the whole Options directive with just "Indexes" instead of adding "Indexes" to an already existing Options directive. I don't think you don't need or want anything else.

RemoveHandler .dll

I have higher hopes for "Options Indexes", but this cannot hurt.

Just try at first running your server without .htacces. If it the same it means that problem is somethere. At least it seems you have the Apache Mono module enabled on your server. Disabling it should solve the issue unless of course if don't need to run c# applications on this server => http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono

Edited by Major_Shepard

Just try at first running your server without .htacces. If it the same it means that problem is somethere. At least it seems you have the Apache Mono module enabled on your server. Disabling it should solve the issue unless of course if don't need to run c# applications on this server => http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono

Doesn't look like he has access to anything other than the .htaccess in that repository folder. I'd be very surprised if not having it at all would resolve his problem, here is why:

Removing it will also remove indexing (very likely not turned ON in the Apache configuration or a .htaccess higher up) which as it stands will break A3S completely as I mentioned earlier. On the other hand removing the file shouldn't change that Mono is trying to interpret .dll (and apparently .dll.zync) files, none of the Mono related configuration is part of his .htaccess file.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Something else that might help shine some light on on your situation: With some luck mod_status is loaded, allowing you to figure out the loaded directives and stuff you are allowed to change. To try this, follow the instructions given here:

http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/modstatus-server-info.html#Setup_Htaccess

Change the "Allow from localhost" to match your own IP, so only you have access to that output. Then call the "server-info". With any luck you get a long list of server settings. Remember to remove these changes once you are done, just to be safe.

Hello, I was wondering if in the next update you guys could add an XmedSys installer for the mods config.hpp

XMedSys MOD by X39

I would like to add this mod to our repository like I did with ACRE. It made my life vary easy getting my whole clan up and in the game without having to teach anyone how to install a mod or put a file into the userconfig. Thank you so much for this!!!

I know that ACRE has the userconfig folder inside the mod folder itself, making it possible to have a installer. XmedSys dose not come like this when downloaded. But repository admins could just put the XMedSys userconfig folder in a defined location for an installer to be possible.

Just a idea!

From everyone at the 2nd MEF Thank you for all you hard work!!!

I guess the simplest thing is to create a "userconfig" folder inside the repository an put every files there, like this http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository.

So your guys just have to sync with and they good to go.

Yes but would this not overwrite and delete everyone's client side mod configs when they update the repository?

eg. VTS_weaponrest or even ACRE?

ACRE is in our repository, but it dose not hold "optional" client side mods.

Nop, client just have to left click on userconfig folder to exclude extra local file => http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/images/arma3sync/arma3sync_hide_extra_local_files_before.png

On future update you will be able to set folder to exclude extra local files on the repository side.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi Major_Shepard,

Thank you for the tool and your ongoing support. I'm hoping you can suggest things to try or know a solution to help us sort out the issue we've been having since the last update. We've operated our repository exactly as per your post below since we first started using A3sync months ago and pretty much everything has been fine. We'd update or add a mod locally, rebuild the repo locally and then copy the .a3s folder and updated mods up to the ftp location and the clients could then pull down the changes. However since the last update no status is displayed for the repo and refreshing the status produces no errors but leaves the status as "-". Connect to the repo and you get no errors but the repository content window displays no folders. Doing a check for addons produces errors like serverInfo or sync not found and the suggestion to rebuild the repository. Which we've done now many times, this rebuild produces no errors you can see. Checking the sync seems to work perfectly and declares the repo updated and synchronized.

The machine with the local copy is a Win7 64 bit and has the latest version of Java and A3sync is run as admin when I do the build. The ftp location is on a Linux server although I don't have a lot of the details to hand as it's not my server - can get any details you need however.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

You can whatever the host.

1. When creating a new repository from the GUI, provide the url let set say: ftp://myAddress/repository

2. Create a "repository" folder on your hard drive, let say: c:\repository

3. Put all your addon files in c:\repository

4. In the Admin panel provide c:\repository as target path

5. Build the repository

6. Upload the all content of c:\repository to ftp://myAddress/repository using WINSCP or FileZilla client.

Looks like /.a3s content is missing server side or there is a permission problem sever side on /.a3s folder. Could you give me the info to connect to your ftp by PM?

I once tried to make Keys folder on repo. I left it empty, synchronized my arma and my Keys folder was empty. I hadn't got even a3.bikey and even though multiplayer worked :)

Looks like /.a3s content is missing server side or there is a permission problem sever side on /.a3s folder. Could you give me the info to connect to your ftp by PM?

PM sent, let me know if you don't get it or have any issues logging on. .a3s folder and contents are definitely there on the server so maybe it's permissions. Thank you for your help it's much appreciated

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Just tested your FTP with the provided loging infos, everything works fine here.

Are you sure to not connect anonymously ?

Edited by Major_Shepard

Ok that is strange. All clients log in using the details I sent you and so far everyone has had the same issue as I reported. Java is usually backwards compatible so having a later version usually isn't an issue but taking random guesses is there a dependency on a particular Java version? Personally I have the latest update. Do you think that a clean install rather than an upgrade of A3sync could help?

lol since everyone other than you has had a problem I guess if you have any ideas at all on what we might try it would be useful. I can only assume there is some difference between our pc's and yours that is reason for your success and our lack of it as you would have got the same authority as us with that log on so it doesn't sound like an issue on the ftp server side at least.

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Ok I decided to try a reinstall of A3sync. This has fixed the issue as far as I can tell at the moment although to be sure I will need to try to rebuild the repo and then see if I can still properly access the mods etc via A3sync. Not sure what the real problem was but I can only assume that the last update didn't work properly and my (and everyone in my group) have ended up with corrupt installs somehow. Maybe I was not paying attention and didn't start a3sync using admin when the upgrade took place ??? It's still strange everyone else in the group had the same issue though.

Anyway thank you for your help Shepard it really is much appreciated. If you want me to provide any info to help you trace this further let me know and I'm happy to oblige.

Cheers,

Stonehouse