major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

How do you know it is ok? As long as you get error Exception in the console when running ArmA3Sync.bat whetever on the host machine or client machine it means there is something wrong with the files.

@DN: I need to see what is on the console when you start the game with Fraps and TRACKIR5 enabled into ArmA3Sync. There is something to see with it for sure. Try also with no one enable if the error message still come up.

For the no spash screen try:

1- Enable it

2- Close ArmA3Sync

3- Open ArmA3Sync

ok here is fraps and trackir5 enabled:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA3Sync>ArmA3Sync.bat

DevMode=false

Connection to TAW Mod Set success.

Connection updates repository Success

Update version = 1.2.37

Exception while removing reference.

Press any key to continue . . .

(error message don't popup with them disabled)

fraps and trackir5 disabled:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA3Sync>ArmA3Sync.bat

DevMode=false

Connection to TAW Mod Set success.

Connection updates repository Success

Update version = 1.2.37

SkyKeyframer::ChangedTbb - Can't use Threading Building Blocks with Static Runtimes (MT, MTd)

CellularCloudGrid::ChangedTbb - Can't use Threading Building Blocks with Static Runtimes (MT, MTd)

CellularCloudGrid::ChangedTbb - Can't use Threading Building Blocks with Static Runtimes (MT, MTd)

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 107410

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198027381735 [API loaded no]

Press any key to continue . . .

ok maybe i need to elaborate.

i have 3 profiles in my arma3sync. lets call them profile 1, 2, 3.

i go to profiles->1, check the 'no splash screen' checkbox. i then click profiles->2, and check the box, same for profile 3.

click profiles->1 and check thru each profile to ensure checkbox is ticked.

close arma3sync leaving profile 3 as the active profile.

i open arma3sync again, and profile 3 is default active, go to launcher options, 'no splash screen' is still checked.

click on profiles->1, 'no splash screen' has been unchecked, and its the same for 2 and 3 too!

very weird behavior, only affecting no splash screen checkbox.

thanks!!!

EDIT: as a workaround for now i would just add -nosplash manually in the 'additional parameters' textbox in the bottom right of the launcher options tab.

Edited by DukeNukeM.

How do I make a changelog?

Also can you add some equals ignore case on file names etc? We have a linux ftp

Edited by cuel

The changelog is automatically created each time you build the repository.

What's the matter with Linux?

Be sure if you upload the file on your Linux FTP from a Windows client to use BINARY tranfer mode. Otherwise you gonna get into big trouble :)

Edited by Major_Shepard

It hasn't given me a change log a single time sadly, any way to make it manually ?

I'm using FileZilla to transfer the files onto the server, building the repo locally before. So it's not a direct link to the FTP, just a fake folder structure.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

So to explain more about case, I had a folder called @MOD1 locally and renamed it to @mod1 before transferring it, which resulted in a3sync saying it couldn't find it. Renamed it and it worked. Binary mode fixes this?

I have read the Wiki and other instructions, and the preceeding pages of this thread.... however I'm wondering if I can get a bit more help with setting up a FTP Repository.

My main problem areas are in the directory structure setup, and getting the .a3s folder to work properly for a sync.

1. I've tried running a local FTP on my computer, and using everything as instructed, but I always run into problems when it creates the .a3s folder, as the 'serverinfo not found' error, even though everything is where it should be I think... and it shows good on the 'Check repository sync'

2. I've tried uploading a built .a3s folder to my game server ftp, with everything config'd to point to that address, and again I still get the error about cannot find the files.

The structure I've been using : /Server/Repository/@modsnamehere

I really want to get this working, so my team mates can easily sync their folders, without having to go through all the hassle every-time we find a mod to use

Thanks!

Give me your FTP login info by PM ^^

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

The FTP doesn't like uppercase :/

Indeed :confused_o:

Hey, I just wanna say thank you for this great addon. We've just built our repository and everything is working like a charm.

However I have two things I'd like to address. Is it possible for you guys to include an option to change the download rate to something higher than 1mb/s?

Furthermore I would like to see an option to permanently exclude certain files from updating (talking about optional mods like JSRS and such).

Or are these things already included an I'm just too stupid to find them?

A higher download rate like this one maybe? => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_ftp_rate.png

ArmA3Sync is not limitating download rate wether FTP or HTTP. It depends on your server, your internet provider and the route taken between them.

Don't understand the idea to exclude some addons from updating. Just don't update the file on your repository ?

Edited by Major_Shepard

ok thanks for your response. These issues were brought to me from our members.

The thing about excluding stuff is about having some optional mods not everyone uses. Of course they always get notified about these as well. So right-klicking on certain folders or .pbo and select something like "permanently ignore" would be rather handy, even though not neccessary.

Hey, I just wanna say thank you for this great addon. We've just built our repository and everything is working like a charm.

Ditto! :)

To get back to my original question, anyway to make changelog work / write a custom one? Would be nice for providing custom info on certain addons

Major_Shepard,

finally have everything working and everyone is very happy, thank you greatly for all of your assistance.

As JSRS 2.1 dropped this morning i became aware of something peculiar.

I note that Arma3Sync's FTP component only utilizes a single connection at any given time.

This would make 2+ gigabyte mod downloads like JSRS for example much more time consuming than it should be would it not, as filezilla server will allow as many as 10 simultaneous connections per client?

Is there already, or perhaps a chance in a future build of increasing, or enabling the option to allow for more simultaneous connections should a repositories FTP server allow for it?

Or does it really not matter at all as its just going to subdivide the same amount of bandwidth irregardless of how many discrete connections there are?

Again, thank you for all your help and the proggy!

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Yop nice idea. However only people that don't already reach their max download rate on your server would benefit from multiple simultaneous downloads. Also take note that ArmA3Sync repository hosted on a Web server already benefit from differential update which may drastically reduce download time on large updated file.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

To get back to my original question, anyway to make changelog work / write a custom one? Would be nice for providing custom info on certain addons

No way for now. But yeah adding custom comments intos to the generated changelog could be possible.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 3

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: User can set ArmA3Sync to close at game start.

- Added: Repository can now been built and checked directly from command line: java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar [command] [parameters], see the wiki.

- Fixed: No splash screen option is not saved when switching profile.

- Fixed: Update repository panel does not show since 1.2 Update 2.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks for informing us of the new version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

LOVE the new commandline repository update possibility. Thanks you so much, makes things _alot_ easier :D

use < java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -build "Name of the repository" > command line to perform of build and -check for checking the repository. Didn't find the time to update the wiki so far.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Is there anyway that i can make an ArmaSync Repository on an ftp server that is not windowsbased. I can not seem to make it work if i build the repository locally and upload it.

Mav87th: I'm running it on a linux server with a mix of FTP and HTTP repositories and it works like a charm. Especially with the new commandline switches that enables the possibility to script/crontab automatic rebuilds etc :)

However, I've never tried building a repository on one machine and uploading it to another ... didn't even think that was possible/supported. If you have the option try building it on the FTP-server? :)

Is there anyway that i can make an ArmaSync Repository on an ftp server that is not windowsbased. I can not seem to make it work if i build the repository locally and upload it.

You can whatever the host.

1. When creating a new repository from the GUI, provide the url let set say: ftp://myAddress/repository

2. Create a "repository" folder on your hard drive, let say: c:\repository

3. Put all your addon files in c:\repository

4. In the Admin panel provide c:\repository as target path

5. Build the repository

6. Upload the all content of c:\repository to ftp://myAddress/repository using WINSCP or FileZilla client.

@bamse: could you elaborate about automatic rebuilds? Do you have a script that scan if repository has changed and then trigger a rebuild?

Edited by Major_Shepard