major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Be sure to use 1.2.36. Now for the files that have been renamed within the repository from the previous build you have to replace all of them by the original ones and then rebuild the repository.

Many Thousand thanks.. It works. Really nice.

Be sure to use 1.2.36. Now for the files that have been renamed within the repository from the previous build you have to replace all of them by the original ones and then rebuild the repository.

Thank you for the quick turnaround. Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hey, i have 2 questions.

How to set now the directory for userconfig right so no others get deleted?

Is it only possible to sync from the server where the repo is build? I have a webserver where i could save the @mods via ftp, they are available via http then. But how to build now the repo that repo files are comming from there? when i build the repo he ask me where are the files and i can only access them from my hard disk.

Edited by Numrollen

Hey, i have 2 questions.

How to set now the directory for userconfig right so no others get deleted?

Left click on the folder.

Is it only possible to sync from the servere where the repo is build? I have a webserver where i could save the @mods, they are availible via http only. But how to build now the repo that repo files are comming from there? when i build the repo he ask me where are the files and i can only access them from my hard disk.

You must have access on the machine hosting the Web server and install arma3sync on it.

Hi there!

I found a small "bug" found when adding a HTTP-repository in the Windows GUI;

I created a new repository on my linux webserver. Repository was successfully added and rebuilt successfully.

When I add the repository using the the http auto-config url it selects http as protocol but adds port 21 as default port which ofc doesnt work. If I change the port top 80 the repository works as intended.

Tested of four different physical computers, WinXP, Win2008R2, Win7 x64 Enterprise and Win8 x64 Pro, same behavior on all computers.

Suggestion: make client default to port 80 for http-connections.

:yay: On another note, Really nice work on the speed update. Our repository is roughly 3GB (can't allow ppl to play without JSRS anomore, it's too awesome! ;D) and it could take minutes to check for addons depending on computer performance earlier. Now it only takes a few seconds.

However. Thanks for making this program, it's an awesome tool for our team/group of friends so we can make sure everyone has the mods needed and to have them update before joining server. We have had some comments on intuitiveness and workflow in the application, but that's just nitpicking. :)

Awesome job!

Thanks mate for testing on all these OS :)

Now I can't reproduce the bug you mention with port number when importing the autoconfig. Could you give me your userconfig url (PM if needed).

Thanks ;)

Yop thanks. Indeed when using the console mode for managing repositories, the NEW command use 21 as port value by default whatever the protocole. This bug is not present when using the GUI mode. Also I will add the possibility to set the port value as well as login and password in console mode. ;)

Doing something wrong or bug?

I have 2 profiles: Default (no mods for multiplayer servers that ban mods)

and Modded1 (for SP play with mods).

I added to both profiles the same addon search directory folder for the mods and the mods do get found for both profiles.

The default profile always remembers the addon seach directory folder.

Problem: When switching between profiles my modded1 profile addon search directories window goes blank and forgets where my mods are located resulting in the mods turning red in addon groups and the available addons window going blank.

http://i.imgur.com/mYXw9L7.png

http://i.imgur.com/TnxcdYU.png

There are 2 ways to switch profiles:

1- Menu profiles -> Edit -> Select -> OK

2- Menu profiles -> Select

It appears that way 2 makes the issue by not saving Addon search directories. Seems to be a regression from v1.2.

Major_Shepard: awesome. Much appreciated upcoming change :)

Sorry for the wall of text, but here goes. One more small issue and one question

Possible Issue

-------------------

I'm not sure if it might be a bug, but I find myself in a bit of a loop with the repo you got the PM for.

When starting the console on the linux server and If I do a check, I always get the message: "Repository is out of synchronization and must be rebuilt."

If I do a rebuild and immediately do another check the repo says it needs to be updated again. I've done this over ten times in succession and it seems like the message never changes to anything else.

After each of the times I've updated the repo I've restarted the Windows GUI and I get a notification saying that the repo is "UPDATED" (in red text). When I do a check no files has been changed (no files marked with red text in the right pane) and the changelog is like this;

--- Revision: 4 ---

Build date: 2014-jan-29 03:44:22

New: 0

-

Updated: 0

-

Deleted: 0

-

I've even tried removing the repo and adding it again (that's why it's back on Revision 4 :D), but the behaviour is the same.

Feature/bug? :)

Question

-------------------

On another note which is more a question than a report and I guess it's pretty much the same as Numrollen got an answer to in post #229. I'm just trying to clarify it a bit;

When running the http-repository on a remote linux webserver where the only available options for access is ssh, ftp or http and having multiple persons who uploads and updates mods (using ftp). Is there a way to trigger a repo-rebuild without giving those uploaders shell access and starting the ArmA3Sync-console.sh?

I've tried fiddling around a bit (for example; manually changing from http to ftp with an account with upload access) with the GUI that I have on my Windows gaming computer. If I try to hit the rebuild or check repository buttons all I get is error message saying "FTP shared folder location is empty!". I guess that is due to the fact that I can't browse a "Repository main folder location" since that folder resides on the linux webserver holding the repo.

How is it supposed to be done for a console only system/repo? :)

Can it help if map a network drive on my windows machine ùsing FTP so it's browsable as a drive letter in Windows Explorer?

Thanks for all the help! :)

Edited by bamse

Major_Shepard: awesome. Much appreciated upcoming change :)

Sorry for the wall of text, but here goes. One more small issue and one question

Possible Issue

-------------------

I'm not sure if it might be a bug, but I find myself in a bit of a loop with the repo you got the PM for.

When starting the console on the linux server and If I do a check, I always get the message: "Repository is out of synchronization and must be rebuilt."

I guess there is a bug somewhere. Tried on my repo in console mode (Win Server 2008) didn't have a problem. Could you check the path of your repo by using the LIST command on the console ?

If I do a rebuild and immediately do another check the repo says it needs to be updated again. I've done this over ten times in succession and it seems like the message never changes to anything else.

After each of the times I've updated the repo I've restarted the Windows GUI and I get a notification saying that the repo is "UPDATED" (in red text). When I do a check no files has been changed (no files marked with red text in the right pane) and the changelog is like this;

--- Revision: 4 ---

Build date: 2014-jan-29 03:44:22

New: 0

-

Updated: 0

-

Deleted: 0

-

I've even tried removing the repo and adding it again (that's why it's back on Revision 4 :D), but the behaviour is the same.

Feature/bug? :)

This is normal behavior. Currently when you rebuild the repo it is marked as UPDATED whether or not files have been changed.

Will try to improved this.

Question

-------------------

On another note which is more a question than a report and I guess it's pretty much the same as Numrollen got an answer to in post #229. I'm just trying to clarify it a bit;

When running the http-repository on a remote linux webserver where the only available options for access is ssh, ftp or http and having multiple persons who uploads and updates mods (using ftp). Is there a way to trigger a repo-rebuild without giving those uploaders shell access and starting the ArmA3Sync-console.sh?

I've tried fiddling around a bit (for example; manually changing from http to ftp with an account with upload access) with the GUI that I have on my Windows gaming computer. If I try to hit the rebuild or check repository buttons all I get is error message saying "FTP shared folder location is empty!". I guess that is due to the fact that I can't browse a "Repository main folder location" since that folder resides on the linux webserver holding the repo.

How is it supposed to be done for a console only system/repo? :)

Can it help if map a network drive on my windows machine ùsing FTP so it's browsable as a drive letter in Windows Explorer?

You must have an access on the remote machine in order to run ArmA3Sync (whether remote desktop or terminal) an then execute build repository command etc.

To execute a remote command from client computer this would require to develop a specific server/application that can catch remote request and perform the requiered operation.

There are 2 possibilities to achieved this:

- The light one: a specific server that just execute remote procedures call. Just run the server, check the firewall and you good to go.

- The heavy one: a web application deployed on the host machine using something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Tomcat. Could be a bit of a headache for some people to get started with.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I guess there is a bug somewhere. Tried on my repo in console mode (Win Server 2008) didn't have a problem. Could you check the path of your repo by using the LIST command on the console ?

The path is an absolute path to the correct directory. I do however NOT use a trailing slash so just basically /path-to-arma3/repo .... not /path-to-arma3/repo/. Can that make a difference?

This is normal behavior. Currently when you rebuild the repo it is marked as UPDATED whether or not files have been changed.

Will try to improved this.

Roger, thanks. Thanks for clearing that out.

You must have an access on the remote machine in order to run ArmA3Sync (whether remote desktop or terminal) an then execute build repository command etc.

To execute a remote command from client computer this would require to develop a specific server/application that can catch remote request and perform the requiered operation.

There are 2 possibilities to achieved this:

- The light one: a specific server that just execute remote procedures call. Just run the server, check the firewall and you good to go.

- The heavy one: a web application deployed on the host machine using something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Tomcat. Could be a bit of a headache for some people to get started with.

Roger that! I kinda anticipated that answer. Good to know how it's done. :)

Again, thanks for a awesome piece of software.

How does one enter user credentials to create an event in Linux? Do i need to set up an FTP user on the server to gain access? I tried using admin credentials for the machine with no luck. Also tried the SFTP credentials we use with no luck.

I am kind of a new when it comes to linux.

Great work on the mod! It has helped our group substantially!

If you use the console mode to administrate the repository you can't create event. You must run ArmA3Sync GUI client side and upload the event.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 2

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: User can now join ArmA 3 dedicated servers from favorite servers list.

- Added: Login, password and port number can now been specified when creating a new addons repository from a terminal.

- Fixed: Switching profiles does not reload available addons list from addon search directories.

Thanks a lot for informing us of the updated version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Does anyone know if it is possible for A3S to know the difference between updated pbo's and old ones, when doing a update? Do you need to delete you're mods before updating them from your repository?

You have nothing to do. ArmA3Sync will automatically compare the repository content and your local content. Then new or update pbo files will be marked red color. Extra local pbo will be marked blue color. See the Wiki.

Hello all,

I have been trying, with help from a friend to setup a mods repository for our unit using the ArmA3Sync program and an FTP account that I have with my personal web-hosting. The problem is every-time I try to check for add-ons I get the following:

error
File serverInfo not found.
Try to rebuild the repository.
ok

I can rebuild the repository sucessfully as many times as I like, but if I hit the "check for addons" button that error is the only thing that happens.

I hit "repository status", it seems to simply time out as it appears to perform the check, but displays nothing after, and closes the dialog box.

I can highlight and connect to the repository, I have a default local destination folder setup. auto-discover is ticked. but the "repository content" window is always empty, and hitting the green check mark under "check for addons" leads to the aforementioned error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this one. We are at a total loss.

Having a similar issue to Dark Spectre, PM sent.

Your server is protected by password and login that's you can't import a public autoconfig url.

Just distribute the login and password to your guys or generate an autoconfig file (Menu Help -> Auto-config -> Export) and give the file it to them to import (Menu Help -> Auto-config - Import).

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

message sent.

It looks like the files you are generating into /.a3s folder of your repository are corrupted.

What version of Java VM are you using?