major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Yes fixed in v1.2 ;)

Also I will try to add the auto detect as an option and ability to hide extra local files in specific Folder (i.e userconfig).

Edited by Major_Shepard

OooOOohhh Yeeeah :D Any ETA?

Edited by Numrollen

I used A2Launcher religiously.

In a number of ways I find A3Sync has lost some nice little bits of functionality.

But this thread has 21 pages of comments. If I were to take the time / make the effort of documenting those "nice little" things, would here be the place to post that? I suspect that they'd just get lost.

But this thread has 21 pages of comments. If I were to take the time / make the effort of documenting those "nice little" things, would here be the place to post that? I suspect that they'd just get lost.

We already have a wiki page, you might find some useful tips there ;)

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._ArmA3Sync

I'm really troubled about being forced to run Arma3sync as Administrator.

Trying to run it as regular user ends in "Arma3sync is already running".

Java is up-to-date.

I don't dare to run a game with admin rights.

Some addons like ACRE or TFAR needs to run the game with admin rights. It's one of the reasons among others.

Hello Arma3Sync team, I really appreciate your launcher a lot it really helps the distribution of mods in my group. I did have some issues with security tough:

1. To make the auto-config url reachable we had to setup an anonymous ftp account with read/write permission.

2. An "EVENT" with a predefined modset can only be created if there is a anonymous ftp account with read/write permissions as well.

As a result we had some unwanted stuff on our ftp, so we set up a ftp user with password.

Now if i want to give away the auto-config url, the server is not reachable although username and password was filled in during the creation of the repo. I also can not create "EVENTS" anymore.

Is there any way to setup your ftp/arma3sync with a protected ftp so I can still create "EVENTS" and use the auto-config url?

Hello Arma3Sync team, I really appreciate your launcher a lot it really helps the distribution of mods in my group. I did have some issues with security tough:

1. To make the auto-config url reachable we had to setup an anonymous ftp account with read/write permission.

2. An "EVENT" with a predefined modset can only be created if there is a anonymous ftp account with read/write permissions as well.

As a result we had some unwanted stuff on our ftp, so we set up a ftp user with password.

Now if i want to give away the auto-config url, the server is not reachable although username and password was filled in during the creation of the repo. I also can not create "EVENTS" anymore.

Is there any way to setup your ftp/arma3sync with a protected ftp so I can still create "EVENTS" and use the auto-config url?

Simple. Just share the repository folder in 2 different FTP accounts.

- 1 is anonymous (public) with NO write permission so that you can share ftp auto-config and sync with it.

- 1 has login and password (private) with write permission so that you can sync and upload events with it.

Am I clear ?

Now ArmA3Sync 1.2 will come up with ability to write an event directly on the hard drive when user is on the host machine.

ArmA3Sync 1.2 will also able to import and auto-config file hosted on a Web server. So that someone would be able to import a private auto-config from a web link.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.2

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: It is now possible to build custom addon repository on a Web server.

- Added: Differential update algorithm ZSYNC is used to mimimize amount of data transfered when updating files (Web based repository only).

- Added: Autoconfig can now be imported from a web url.

- Added: User can now choise to exclude extra local files in a folder when synchronising with a repository

- Added: Auto-discover of addons into all destination folders can now be disable.

- Added: Userconfig folder content can now been shared within an event.

- Added: Launcher options are now fully saved into profile.

- Added: nOFilePatching has been added as an option into Launcher Options Panel.

- Improved: Check for Addons take significally less time to achieve.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks for informing us the updated version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Just dropping into to say awesome work Major_Shepard!

I love this light-weight, intuitive and user friendly ArmA3 tool.

The new update makes it even better.

Thank you for making it.

Hi Major_Shepard,

thanks for this nice tool.

Strange that the ´Join Server´ future does not work, is it really a arma 3 bug ?

Because when I enter this line -connect=myserverip -port=2333 -password=mypass

under Launcher Options in the Additional Parameters field, i can connect directly to our server.

Maybe the info helps for troubleshooting

Thank you very much Shepard. The latest update removed all the issues we had. We are now able to upload event information from the host without the need for multiple ftp accounts.

I'm having a problem connecting to repositories after latest update. The box saying "connecting to repository" pops up, and it justs keeps saying that for ever? Anyone know the problem to that?

EDIT: IT connected after a VERY long time. But then i froze.

EDIT 2: Got in again. No freezing this time. But now, i click the Check for Addons button, and nothing happens. It looks like its starting, but no progress?

EDIT 3: It slowly began checking files. It seems that the entire connecting/checking fase, is very slowly.

Edited by kennyleif

Just dropping into to say awesome work Major_Shepard!

I love this light-weight, intuitive and user friendly ArmA3 tool.

The new update makes it even better.

Thank you for making it.

Thanks

Hi Major_Shepard,

thanks for this nice tool.

Strange that the ´Join Server´ future does not work, is it really a arma 3 bug ?

Because when I enter this line -connect=myserverip -port=2333 -password=mypass

under Launcher Options in the Additional Parameters field, i can connect directly to our server.

Maybe the info helps for troubleshooting

surprising. Doesn't work for me and my mates with our dedicaded server.

Could you try with -connect=www.sonsofexiled.fr -port=2318

or -connect=88.190.44.199 -port=2318

I'm having a problem connecting to repositories after latest update. The box saying "connecting to repository" pops up, and it justs keeps saying that for ever? Anyone know the problem to that?

EDIT: IT connected after a VERY long time. But then i froze.

I expect you server has a problem responding. Could you investigate on the server console?

Could you try running ArmA3Sync.bat file (with Administrator priviledges)

Edited by Major_Shepard

when running the .bat file: 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Press any key to continue . . .

Also, it seems that the server has no problems. Can connect fine via FTP program, and nothing in console suggests problems server side...

Try this one for testing:

-connect=5.175.245.45 -port=2334 -password=1234

Edited by Logo

I'm finding an issue with the new version of A3sync I'm afraid. When I rebuild the repository I'm finding that folders and files with embedded spaces are getting renamed so that an underscore replaces the embedded space. This is causing a lot of mods to be flagged as requiring download when not needed and I suppose could cause issues with the mod itself if a file named changed and therefore could not be referenced by the mod. Prior version didn't have the issue. eg mod folder @tmr - optics becomes @tmr_-_optics when I rebuild the repository. Repository is on a Win7 box. If more info is needed to help sort it out please let me know.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

I'm finding an issue with the new version of A3sync I'm afraid. When I rebuild the repository I'm finding that folders and files with embedded spaces are getting renamed so that an underscore replaces the embedded space. This is causing a lot of mods to be flagged as requiring download when not needed and I suppose could cause issues with the mod itself if a file named changed and therefore could not be referenced by the mod. Prior version didn't have the issue. eg mod folder @tmr - optics becomes @tmr_-_optics when I rebuild the repository. Repository is on a Win7 box. If more info is needed to help sort it out please let me know.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Same here. BIG problem

I am fixing that issue right now.

However be aware that depending the OS hosting the repo one's may expect issue with that kind of file with special characters. That's why generally developers never ever use white space in the name of files supposed to be delivered.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 1

Download

Changelog

- Fixed: Spaces in file names within repositories are no more replaced by _ character.

- Fixed: Unable to synchronize addons with FTP servers that does not support the "abor" ftp command.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I am fixing that issue right now.

However be aware that depending the OS hosting the repo one's may expect issue with that kind of file with special characters. That's why generally developers never ever use white space in the name of files supposed to be delivered.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 1

Download

Changelog

- Fixed: Spaces in file names within repositories are no more replaced by _ character.

- Fixed: Unable to synchronize addons with FTP servers that does not support the "abor" ftp command.

We have the same problem. Still replaces with _

Once again many thanks for informing us the updated version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Be sure to use 1.2.36. Now for the files that have been renamed within the repository from the previous build you have to replace all of them by the original ones and then rebuild the repository.