major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Run the ArmA3Sync.bat file from inside the ArmA3Sync installation directory and show me what's on console when you try to add a group.

Run the ArmA3Sync.bat file from inside the ArmA3Sync installation directory and show me what's on console when you try to add a group.

Thanks for the help, Major. Nothing comes up on the console when I try to add a group. The only console text is what shows up when you launch the program via the .bat file:

DevMode=false

Connection updates repository Success

Update version = 1.1.27

Nothing comes up means no error found.

Try a new installation from scrash.

No, sorry, same thing happens with a fresh install. I grabbed 1.0.20 from your site and that's working fine, so I'll stick to that version for now. Thanks for the help.

ArmA3Sync 1.1 Update 5

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Fixed: adding a new new group into addon panel may not work with some update version of Java 7.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks for sending us the update :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Major-Shepard, thanks for your excellent work with continuous development of this.

Noticed some annoying issues when updating yesterday early evening, that I don't think is related to the bug post earlier.

Basically when i upgraded (on being prompted about the update from first load-up) it rolled back my Addons selected in the right hand pane. What i mean by this is it put back some addons I had previously deleted and removed from the system. They were marked in red and the launcher promted me that I was trying to launch with a missing mod.

It also turned on some mods I had disabled for testing purposes (i.e. Mcc) that were then "re-ticked" on the upgrade.

I always close down ArmaSync when i make a change and re-load it - so not sure why this happens. Could you perhaps have it automatically save the profiles before an update and re-load from those saved files ?

Anyway, not a game killer but can be annoying.

Thanks

SJ

ArmA3Sync save the Addons Groups into the current profile on the disk before procceeding with the update. Normally when ArmA3Sync re open you should be prompted with the exact same Addons Group state. I will get a look at this.

Major-Shepard, thanks for your excellent work with continuous development of this.

Noticed some annoying issues when updating yesterday early evening, that I don't think is related to the bug post earlier.

Basically when i upgraded (on being prompted about the update from first load-up) it rolled back my Addons selected in the right hand pane. What i mean by this is it put back some addons I had previously deleted and removed from the system. They were marked in red and the launcher promted me that I was trying to launch with a missing mod.

It also turned on some mods I had disabled for testing purposes (i.e. Mcc) that were then "re-ticked" on the upgrade.

I always close down ArmaSync when i make a change and re-load it - so not sure why this happens. Could you perhaps have it automatically save the profiles before an update and re-load from those saved files ?

Anyway, not a game killer but can be annoying.

Thanks

SJ

Also got the same issue. Profiles, groups and mods not saving anymore :(

@eXpouk could you please try this:

1. Create a new Profile named "A" (menu Profiles -> Edit)

2. Add groups and drag and drop addons into it

3. Close ArmA3Sync

4. Go to "profiles" folder of ArmA3Sync installation and check that A.a3s.profile is there.

5. Start ArmA3Sync and open A profile. Check everything is ok.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Getting a "File serverInfo not found" error when clicking "Check for Addons". Could be a typo - "File server info not found" is a possible correction, and since I haven't found this error anywhere on Google, I'll add both sentences in case anyone has similar issues in the future.

Repository is connected. I've built it 6 times successfully. Synchronization Check is passing.

Here's my given auto-config url: ftp://msog.netne.net/repo/.a3s/autoconfig (which gives a 404 "This webpage is not available" error after I log in)

Windows 7 64bit. Arma3Sync v1.1 Update 5, Build 1.1.28 (2013).

Little help?

A login and a password are required to connect to your ftp server. That's why importing auto-config from url failed.

For 2 reasons:

1. The performance options are here to limit the hardware resources usage in case your machine cannot handle ArmA 3 which runs at maximum performance by default.

2. ArmA3.exe is a 32-bit runnable process which means that it is not possible to use more than ~3 GB of RAM even if your OS is 64-bit.

A login and a password are required to connect to your ftp server. That's why importing auto-config from url failed.

Thank you for the quick response, but I'm a little confused. I entered my login and password info already in order for it to connect (using the Connect button on the repositories page), which it does. Or, are you saying that the reason I'm getting this error is BECAUSE of the login and password and I need to remove them?

Big thanks for the tool. Clean, neat, and has all the options easily accessable

Hi Major, we have one problem with arma3sync with A3MAP ( arma 2 map on arma 3 ). For many of us there's a big delay in sync client/server, for others arma3sync stuck for many minutes ( more than 10 ). Seems there's a problem with very big files, we get stuck in the check for addons phase, there's something we/you can do to improve this? Thanks

Edited by ramius86

How to refuse the tool to delete userconfig stuff that doesnt come from the repro? And with the structure e.g /@grouprepo/@ACRE and /@grouprepo/@ACRE i need to start cba and all other dependency mods first. No other way?

when i setup a group with all mods to lauch, the tool just launch this:

I have -mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE;@JS_JC_FA18;@VTS_Weaponresting;@XMedSys;

But all mods are in clan_packv1

Edited by Numrollen

Could you make screen shots I hardly understand your problem.

-mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;... is correct, it is similar to -mod=clan_packv1\@CBA_A3; -mod=clan_packv1\@JayArmA3Lib; expecting clan_packv1 folder is at root of ArmA 3 installation directory.