major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Thanks for adding the command-line support. Works perfectly. Was now able to create a repo. Will try it for my ppl :)

Are there future-plans to add an option to allow downloading from the repositories via http?

Some provider do not allow connecting to ftp as anonymous. And secondly i do not want to host the ftp on the same maschine as the arma server, for security/performance reasons.

I know it would be a bit crappy to configure such circumstances, as in most cases the ftp url does not match the http one.

Great tool. Keep up the good work.

No plan for Http.

You can connect to a ftp server with login and password with ArmA3Sync.

ftp and http servers can perfectly use the same url as long as the port is different (21 by defaut for ftp, 8080 by default for http).

No plan for now regarding RSync or something else. I have some idea, we will see maybe :rolleyes:

that will be Amazing :cool: some mod are only 1 pbo and update almost 1 gb of pbo for some mb of update is :confused:

Love it! However an issue... I cant use PTT (Push to talk) when I have this open or if i launch the game with it (teamspeak)

ArmA3Sync was taking a really long time launching A3 for me (2+ minutes) so I tried to figure out why PlayWithSix would launch A3 so much faster when loading the exact same mods. I compared the launcher options of each and PwS puts quotes around the -world=empty parameter. When I removed that parameter from ArmA3Sync, A3 launched much faster -- i.e., A3 didn't get stuck at "Loading Add-ons..." for a couple minutes and instead started up very quickly. Not sure if anyone else noticed the same.

Love it! However an issue... I cant use PTT (Push to talk) when I have this open or if i launch the game with it (teamspeak)

:confused: no idea, there is no connexion between ArmA3Sync and Teamspeak.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

ArmA3Sync was taking a really long time launching A3 for me (2+ minutes) so I tried to figure out why PlayWithSix would launch A3 so much faster when loading the exact same mods. I compared the launcher options of each and PwS puts quotes around the -world=empty parameter. When I removed that parameter from ArmA3Sync, A3 launched much faster -- i.e., A3 didn't get stuck at "Loading Add-ons..." for a couple minutes and instead started up very quickly. Not sure if anyone else noticed the same.

Not reproduced here. When -world=empty is enabled in ArmA3Sync I have a clear faster loading of ArmA3 with addons (~10s).

Edited by Major_Shepard

Heya Major_Shepard. A3Sync is working out very well for my outfit. Repo management is stupidly easy, and I'm thankful for that. On that note, we're having a slight issue.

On our server(Windows Server 2008) and a single member's computer(Windows 7 Ultimate), we can't create a folder under "Addon Groups". Which in turn, means we can't enable mods through A3Sync. It's not a big deal for the server, but I'm trying to get it sorted out for the member.

I've check 10+ times to make sure everything is correct. EXE path, default mod folder, and repo paths are all correct. Also tried different locations. All mods show up in the "Available Addons" section. I've verified current versions of JRE, and tried running as admin. I'm a bit lost now. Any idea?

You mean that when you right click into Addon Groups panel you don't get the drop drown menu?

Could you run ArmA3Sync.bat file witch is inside the ArmA3Sync installation directory on show what is displayed on the console when you try to add a group into Addon Group panel?

If ArmA3Sync.bat doesn't start, you will need to add Java to the prompt:

1. Select Start -> Computer -> System Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> PATH.

2. Prepend (example) C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin; to the beginning of the PATH variable.

3. Click ok 3x.

4. Execute -> cmd -> java -version

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hi Major

Got a little problem while using A3synch to launch external apps. The same line works great for A2 Launcher which I have been using up until now. A3synch is an excellent app and makes AIA so much easier to use.. Thanks very much..

The issue I am having is with the launch parameters, launching fraps, trackir etc is 100% bang on. The problem is with Glovepie which I use to run a script to enable better joystick/throttle control. The launch parameters used are

/run "F:\Downloads\ARMA Scripts\GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043\arma3.pie" /tray

Which works with A2 launcher.

When I use it with A3synch i get the error of

P8PHaQ3.jpg

For some reason it is looking in the A3synch install folder for the script to run within glovepie..

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

I guess you write "/run "F:\Downloads\ARMA Scripts\GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043\arma3.pie" /tray" in the Executable Path field of the External Apps panel right? If so this fail is normal as ArmA3Sync is waiting for a *.exe file.

I can add support for batch file (*.bat) and run it on a background console in this case.

No mate, I added it in the additional parameters field. The exact same way I would do with A2 Launcher.

yKSrNWu.jpg

Could you try with Parameters line just like this: F:\Downloads\ARMA Scripts\GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043\arma3.pie

/run and /tray are not standard parameters for exe file. Don't mix up with batch script commands.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Could you try with Parameters line just like this: F:\Downloads\ARMA Scripts\GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043\arma3.pie

/run and /tray are not standard parameters for exe file. Don't mix up with batch script commands.

That sort of worked mate prog runs but not script.

The /run and /tray are parameters of gloviepie. Theoretically it should parse them over.

ok. Now try create a shortcut for GrovePIE.exe and add /run "F:\Downloads\ARMA Scripts\GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043\arma3.pie" /tray in the target of the shorcut. What happens then?

Didn't work..

Thanks for your help mate.. I'll create a bat file to start with windows. Fraps and trackir launch ok though..

Appreciate the help.. :)

Actually just created a shortcut and fired that into the startup folder... Using -"arma3.pie" /tray in the target line, starts and runs the script.. Cheers again mate..

I have added support for running scripts (Windows batch and Linux bash) at start of ArmA 3 (game/server) into the next version of ArmA3Sync :)

ArmA3Sync v1.1 Update 1

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

or grab the windows installer here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Changelog

- Added: support for running external applications through scripts (Windows batch and Linux bash).

- Added: exThreads parameter has been added to Performance panel.

- Added: supplementary console command "List" which displays the list of repositories parameters.

- Fixed: RPT Viewer: select file command sometimes failed to open the RPT folder.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yes it does, however it seems to want to have: -mod=a:\arma 3 mods\@CBA_A3;a:\arma 3 mods\@JSRS;

I can confirm this problem on my machine as well.